The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mld120
Got an offer for English Literature on Monday! I applied to St John's, so now am waiting to hear which college I get! :smile:

Congrats! When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by jill800
Congrats! When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I applied late October, so have been waiting for a while, but I'd heard they can be super late (even March), especially for English, so I was surprised to get it already... I'm applying PQA though, so have my grades already, which might be why :smile: what have you applied for and which college?
Got rejected today, applied for English Literature, bummed but not surprised.
[QUOTE="AunAb;62474159"]
Original post by PunkyCupcake
International relations offer!
Congratulations! When did you apply?

8th October! Was Oxbridge so so early, aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mothwhisperer
Got rejected today, applied for English Literature, bummed but not surprised.

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: I'm sure you'll go on to an amazing university regardless!
What were your grades?
Best of luck with everything x
Original post by ziggyystardust
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: I'm sure you'll go on to an amazing university regardless!
What were your grades?
Best of luck with everything x

GCSE: A* A* A* A A A A A A A B

AS: A B B C

PREDICTED: A* A B

I have offers from Exeter and Warwick, so I'm not too upset. Durham was really nice, though, when I visited.
Original post by tomsmeat
College Allocation only starts now, and does not depend on when you applied but when you received your offer. If you received your offer before February 1st, you will be allocated your college between now and the 1st March. If you haven't received your offer yet, you'll be allocated at another time after the date, and you may have less of a chance of getting your first choice. Other factors are involved however, and you may find that your first choice college is undersubscribed for applicants to your course so you can still get it! If you've applied to really popular colleges like University however..

What if I got an offer on the morning of February 1st? xD
Original post by Spoderman14

You win a free pen
Original post by Spoderman14

I was wondering the same thing as I got it then too, but I think it's 1st of Feb included, as it says its if you hear "by" 1st of Feb... Well, I hope anyway aha :smile:
Original post by Mld120
I was wondering the same thing as I got it then too, but I think it's 1st of Feb included, as it says its if you hear "by" 1st of Feb... Well, I hope anyway aha :smile:

What about me, offered today? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PunkyCupcake
What about me, offered today? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since it's after the 1st, my guess would be that you might hear a bit later, but you never know - if they're working through them linearly then hopefully it won't be much later then those who had offers by the 1st - either way, everyone will get allocated a college :smile:
Original post by Mld120
Thanks! I applied late October, so have been waiting for a while, but I'd heard they can be super late (even March), especially for English, so I was surprised to get it already... I'm applying PQA though, so have my grades already, which might be why :smile: what have you applied for and which college?

Ah makes sense plus you must deserve it:biggrin: I'm still waiting, applied 5th November for English and philosophy at Hatfield :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey

I applied to Durham to study English and Philosophy, through the Liberal Arts program. Only after I submitted my application I noticed that there is an English and Philosophy course separately (yes, I'm a bit scatter-brained). Do you think this means an instant rejection or I still have the chance to receive an offer?
Original post by Els-12
Well Done!
French and Spanish :smile: i have offers from all other units but durham!

Where else you applied to and what college at Durham? :smile: Girls at my school are still waiting as well don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by adamgara
Hey

I applied to Durham to study English and Philosophy, through the Liberal Arts program. Only after I submitted my application I noticed that there is an English and Philosophy course separately (yes, I'm a bit scatter-brained). Do you think this means an instant rejection or I still have the chance to receive an offer?

It shouldn't be an instant rejection-Unless you mean you tailored your personal statement to English and philosophy but applied for liberal arts? Not too sure how it works but hopefully you'd still be considered for LA because they're kind of similar and if it's good news you can ask to change courses maybe? All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard what college they've been allocated yet?
Original post by jill800
Ah makes sense plus you must deserve it:biggrin: I'm still waiting, applied 5th November for English and philosophy at Hatfield :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw good luck!! Keep us up to date with how it's going - is Durham your first choice?
Reply 1597
Original post by eleanor27
Where else you applied to and what college at Durham? :smile: Girls at my school are still waiting as well don't worry about it :smile:

I've applied to UCL, St Andrews and Exeter and have applied to university college at Durham. What about you? :smile: Thanks, will hear soon hopefully
Original post by Mld120
Aw good luck!! Keep us up to date with how it's going - is Durham your first choice?

Thanks so much!! Yeah it will be if I get an offer, it's my dream university:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Liberal Arts yesterday! History, French and Mandarin.

I'm ridiculously happy as this was my top choice (also due to sod's law, the final offer that I've been waiting for for months) :woo:

Any other Liberal Arts people? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest