The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Robert Gordon on 12 Jan and they haven't sent me a task or requested a portfolio yet...

What quals are you applying with in the thread? I have a L3 Ext. Dip. in Art & Design and an IGCSE in Physics. I did not have the opportunity to do A levels or similar as I did my schooling in another country, but I did well enough there and have quite a lot of experience of work and voluntary work and enthusiasm for the subject.

I would be gutted not to get an offer. I went to visit the campus one day just to see what the environment would be like and I really fell in love with Aberdeen and the RGU campus.
Original post by circlecircle
I applied to Robert Gordon on 12 Jan and they haven't sent me a task or requested a portfolio yet...

What quals are you applying with in the thread? I have a L3 Ext. Dip. in Art & Design and an IGCSE in Physics. I did not have the opportunity to do A levels or similar as I did my schooling in another country, but I did well enough there and have quite a lot of experience of work and voluntary work and enthusiasm for the subject.

I would be gutted not to get an offer. I went to visit the campus one day just to see what the environment would be like and I really fell in love with Aberdeen and the RGU campus.

We did the sane BTEC course. 🙊🙈🙉
Original post by archincent
We did the sane BTEC course. 🙊🙈🙉

I got an offer from Robert Gordon with AAABB at Scottish Higher in Graphics, English, Spanish, Maths and Physics respectively. My offer was a conditional and was to submit a portfolio of satisfactory standard!
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone got any plans in place in case you dont meet the offer grades? I am worried that I might miss out by a grade (or two...?!) but will reapply for 2017 - however would pref to do an Art Foundation in the year off rather than A level resits - does anyone know if this would be acceptable?

Also if you have any anecdotal info on whether Liverpool, Manchester or Sheffield ever accept those who just miss their AAA offer I would be grateful to hear it....is there anyway that you can find out this info officially - would a dept admin team tell you that if you asked? ie for instance in 2015 80/100 met their AAA offer and 20/100 did not but were accepted on to the course?
Original post by georgiaaahg
cool, have you any offers from either?

I sent my portfolio to Cardiff and I have to finish my task for UCL to send it by 15th.
Original post by nairline
Dude I feel like I've experimented way too much :frown:(( which is **** because they're really selective so I feel like they'll use anything to reject someone. What was ur concept and theme? Ah cool do show am quite curious!

I chose the closer to further theme and I basically did pen and pencil drawings of different spaces from different perspectives. I tried to do some that were observational and some that were more conceptual but I don't think it's up to their standards :frown: have you had any offers or other interviews yet?
Original post by nairline
Hey can I just ask about the quantity of work u took to ur interview? Also, do you possibly have an online portfolio I'd be able to look at? Thank you :h:

i brought lots LOL... actually i think i brought way too many.
https://zfangportfolio.carbonmade.com/ this is my online portfolio for brookes
Original post by f3rg132
Really!! Where did you apply to? I have two unconditionals from Strathclyde and Edinburgh, a conditional form Robert Gordon and withdrew my application from Glasgow School of Art and Dundee! I'm sure you'll hear back soon enough now that the deadline is past

What was your offer from Edinburgh if you dont mind me asking :biggrin:
Original post by Myria_x
What was your offer from Edinburgh if you dont mind me asking :biggrin:

Unconditional!! 😊
Original post by afang02
i brought lots LOL... actually i think i brought way too many.
https://zfangportfolio.carbonmade.com/ this is my online portfolio for brookes

brilliant portfolio! is this just for brookes?
Original post by f3rg132
Unconditional!! 😊

Congratsss👍👍 did you apply with A-levels?
Original post by Myria_x
Congratsss👍👍 did you apply with A-levels?

Thank you!! 😊 And no AAABB at Scottish Higher!
Original post by circlecircle

I got an offer from Robert Gordon with AAABB at Scottish Higher in Graphics, English, Spanish, Maths and Physics respectively. My offer was a conditional and and the condition to submit a portfolio of satisfactory standard!
Original post by georgiaaahg
brilliant portfolio! is this just for brookes?

yep, cuz brookes asked me to create online portfolio with this website, and the other universities i applied to do not accept portfolio on external websites.
Original post by mangostan
I chose the closer to further theme and I basically did pen and pencil drawings of different spaces from different perspectives. I tried to do some that were observational and some that were more conceptual but I don't think it's up to their standards :frown: have you had any offers or other interviews yet?

Just an interview for westminister! Have sent off my Manchester and Brighton digital portfolios today. What about u
Original post by f3rg132
I got an offer from Robert Gordon with AAABB at Scottish Higher in Graphics, English, Spanish, Maths and Physics respectively. My offer was a conditional and and the condition to submit a portfolio of satisfactory standard!

I have a US HS diploma at college prep/honours level with A-C in English, maths, chemistry, physiology, etc., D*D*D* in Art & Design, an A* in IGCSE Physics and SAT Scores Verbal/Critical reading: 650, Math: 570, Writing: 630. Maths is below 600 which was a bit of a shame but these were taken 6 years ago so there is a good chance I would take a different approach now.

At present I am a full-time students' union officer at my college and am holding thumbs this is to my advantage and will showcase my other skills which make me a suitable applicant. Not having a full set of UK quals is rather unsettling as I am not certain where the goalposts lie, being so 'stuck in the middle.'

Are there any others with US quals or mixed quals applying?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi, does anyone here applied for Architecture and Interdiscipline Studies in the Bartlett here? I sent my portfolio late Nov but havent heard from them:frown: My predicted grades are ABB which is lower than what they show on the website but I still hope for the best but since it's already Feb now im quite nervous:frown:
Reply 677
I had to do the same for Manchester - such a nuisance 🙈 To get your work in the order that you want it to be displayed you have to manually change the dates of the posts added, so that its in chronological order.
Reply 678
Any applicants from England heard from Edinburgh?
does anyone know if by any chance i get an offer from UCL AIS, can i change to RIBA part 1 during the first term? i did not research carefully and now im stuck with a choice that's not the same to pure architecture.. like would they consider my work ethic and my results during the first term and let me transfer to RIBA part 1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending