The Student Room Group

studying Abroad

can I study access to medicine abroad?
No you can't.
Reply 2
Could you be more specific? Or maybe give out some more details?
Original post by JameeR
Could you be more specific? Or maybe give out some more details?

As far as I know there are no access to medicine courses (or similar) abroad, I don't know how to be more specific. Is there a reason you can't do one in the UK?
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
As far as I know there are no access to medicine courses (or similar) abroad, I don't know how to be more specific. Is there a reason you can't do one in the UK?

I see. Only thing I know about taking up a medicine course here in the UK is that it will drain your wallet off from the expenses. Other than that, I can't speak of the quality because I have no Idea, my friend. Aren't there other medicine courses available abroad? I'm pretty sure of it, though. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply 5
Original post by JameeR
I see. Only thing I know about taking up a medicine course here in the UK is that it will drain your wallet off from the expenses. Other than that, I can't speak of the quality because I have no Idea, my friend. Aren't there other medicine courses available abroad? I'm pretty sure of it, though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There are medicine courses available abroad. Access to Medicine is a separate entity - a 1 year course for mature students who don't have appropriate A-levels etc, and AFAIK UK only.
Reply 6
Original post by Helenia
There are medicine courses available abroad. Access to Medicine is a separate entity - a 1 year course for mature students who don't have appropriate A-levels etc, and AFAIK UK only.

Thanks for making that clear @Helenia. I appreciate it :smile:
Not to discourage studying abroad in general (imo it's one of the best things you can do) but for medicine specifically, you might end up doubling the time you spend towards your license.
Reply 8
Original post by ProudParent75
Not to discourage studying abroad in general (imo it's one of the best things you can do) but for medicine specifically, you might end up doubling the time you spend towards your license.

How, exactly? Medical courses in the rest of the EU are six years long - only one year longer than UK ones (and the same as UK ones with an intercalated degree, though without said intercalated degree of course).

Edit: Though I probably wouldn't advise looking to study in the EU until we've established whether we'll all be EU citizens in the near future... :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ronove

Edit: Though I probably wouldn't advise looking to study in the EU until we've established whether we'll all be EU citizens in the near future... :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

This is just what I mean, actually. Study where you plan to practice. On the other hand, my brother planned to move to the EU so he delayed his studies. The move never pushed through and he could have been done by now if he had just started here earlier. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending