The Student Room Group

Turned down my own crush.... now she's crying?

Turns out my crush really likes me back. After a class today she asked what I was doing this weekend (i. e that she wanted us to go out) and I stupidly said "Oh, nothing, just going home to see my family". She went "Oh! well see you later" and apparently she's been crying...

I don't know why I didn't figure out she wanted us to go out on the spot... it took me a couple of hours to realise.

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Ask her out?
She sounds incredibly immature if she's crying because you went to see your family. I ask people what they're doing this weekend because I'm curious, so it's not your fault you didn't realise it was a date.
Get her alone and/or explain exactly what's happened, say 'I am such a doofus (not that you are one, just I s'pose it would help...)
and I'd love to go out with you... what's (insert free time here) looking like?'

It's risky though, she could have been crying about something else. Equally, it could've been a hint or cue for asking her out but.. :dontknow:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Send her my way :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Turns out my crush really likes me back. After a class today she asked what I was doing this weekend (i. e that she wanted us to go out) and I stupidly said "Oh, nothing, just going home to see my family". She went "Oh! well see you later" and apparently she's been crying...

I don't know why I didn't figure out she wanted us to go out on the spot... it took me a couple of hours to realise.

What should I do?

'Seppuku' is the only right course of action in this situation.
Is that how people ask each other out on a date? SO INDIRECT.
Reply 7
Original post by Andy98
Send her my way :wink:

haha thirsty :colone:
Reply 8
Wait is that what this means? Oh I might have broken a few hearts
Reply 9
Original post by mkap
haha thirsty :colone:

I take what I can get
Original post by Anonymous

What should I do?

Just ask her whether she would like to do anything next weekend if she is free.
Reply 11
Original post by Andy98
I take what I can get

haha funny :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by mkap
haha funny :tongue:

Glad someone enjoys it :sigh:
Reply 13
Original post by Andy98
Glad someone enjoys it :sigh:

i didn't mean it in a nasty way, i thought it was a joke. sorry if i offended you :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by mkap
i didn't mean it in a nasty way, i thought it was a joke. sorry if i offended you :frown:

It's ok
Reply 15
Also could you not use the word crush cmon your a man
Reply 16
Original post by Diabolus
'Seppuku' is the only right course of action in this situation.

Why would a Japanese ritualistic suicide be the only right course of action?
Original post by Kalail
Why would a Japanese ritualistic suicide be the only right course of action?

*wooooooosh*

That's the sound of the joke going over your head
Reply 18
Original post by Diabolus
*wooooooosh*

That's the sound of the joke going over your head

I got the joke, I just wanted to know the logic behind it
Just ask her out :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending