The Student Room Group

Higher Psychology 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

has anyone got any example essays for sleep, dreams and sleep disorders or psychopathology? or any like sample structures of what to include? how is everyone else revising? i've just been writing and memorising essays
Original post by ambermorris
has anyone got any example essays for sleep, dreams and sleep disorders or psychopathology? or any like sample structures of what to include? how is everyone else revising? i've just been writing and memorising essays

Exactly what I have been looking for as well but I have had no luck. I am not sure how to revise as even though scholar is good, it has a lot of information that you don't apparently need. How have you been structuring your essays that you are memorising?
I just had a very quick look and it seems quite good for sleep and dreams. :smile: However a number of documents are password protected such as revision material for higher psychology, and all documents for guidance on the assignment.
Thats great, thank you so much.
Thank you for also sharing the blog with us, it honestly means so much as I have been struggling due to a lack of resources.
Reply 44
Hi

In regard to CFE Higher assignment - what is the maximum number of words and what sections are included in the count.

Thanks
Reply 45
Thanks - does this include or exclude APPENICES?
Reply 46
Cheers

Where I am just now is 2594 if I exclude Appendices and 3212 if I do include - I'm sure these will be excluded. However it is draft1 and I know I have repeated myself a few times.
Original post by ASugar
Cheers

Where I am just now is 2594 if I exclude Appendices and 3212 if I do include - I'm sure these will be excluded. However it is draft1 and I know I have repeated myself a few times.

Wow, you are quite ahead than our class. We haven't even started that yet. And we still have the whole of unit 3 to do. No even touched that yet
Reply 48
Found the following from SQA website...

"The report may be produced in written form or be word-processed. Whichever is used, the assignment should be submitted on paper to SQA for marking.

The report should be between 2,000 and 2,500 words long, excluding references, footnotes and appendices. The candidate must provide the word count for the completed report, excluding appendices, footnotes and references. If the word count exceeds the maximum by 10%, a penalty will be applied.

The candidate must provide a list of references for sources referred to in their report. The references can be provided in any format that enables another person to find the source of information...."
Hey guys,

I'm studying higher psychology woo. We're doing conformity and obedience, altruism and sleep and dreams/memory. I'm about halfway through the assignment but still have the discussion section to do and have to put the appendices and references in etc plus edit some things :smile:
So where abouts are all you guys in the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redddddd
So where abouts are all you guys in the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I am currently working on my assignment. We have done Individual behaviour, and research. We are currently working our way through the last unit on social behaviour. But I think it is a very difficult course. There is a lot of material to remember. What do you think about the course? And where are you at in the course?
Original post by samsam9797
Hi, I am currently working on my assignment. We have done Individual behaviour, and research. We are currently working our way through the last unit on social behaviour. But I think it is a very difficult course. There is a lot of material to remember. What do you think about the course? And where are you at in the course?

I am kind of at the same stage as you. But for social behaviour, we have one more period on conformity then we'll have obedience and prejudice left to do. I think we'll have to rush with it as there isn't much time left. So far, conformity doesn't seem that bad, I actually like learning it because you can relate to it. I do find sleep and dreams a bit difficult though because I don't understand the approaches. Its true that there is a lotttt to remember.
What are you doing as the optional topics for social and individual behaviour? And how's the assignment coming along?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redddddd
I am kind of at the same stage as you. But for social behaviour, we have one more period on conformity then we'll have obedience and prejudice left to do. I think we'll have to rush with it as there isn't much time left. So far, conformity doesn't seem that bad, I actually like learning it because you can relate to it. I do find sleep and dreams a bit difficult though because I don't understand the approaches. Its true that there is a lotttt to remember.
What are you doing as the optional topics for social and individual behaviour? And how's the assignment coming along?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well.... We just started unit 3 but we are currently doing conformity and obedience. And I think that's it for that unit unless we have to do another section then I'm unsure. Our teacher doesn't really have a clue and just gives us paper everyday :s-smilie:. And for individual behaviour, we did stress and sleep and dreams. My favourite unit is the research one as it's fairly straight forward and aspects of it ties in with the assignment. And my assignment gets as good as it gets. I can't believe that we are not allowed help. I have no indication on if I am doing the right thing. I really can't wait for the exam to come as I am done with it.
Original post by samsam9797
Well.... We just started unit 3 but we are currently doing conformity and obedience. And I think that's it for that unit unless we have to do another section then I'm unsure. Our teacher doesn't really have a clue and just gives us paper everyday :s-smilie:. And for individual behaviour, we did stress and sleep and dreams. My favourite unit is the research one as it's fairly straight forward and aspects of it ties in with the assignment. And my assignment gets as good as it gets. I can't believe that we are not allowed help. I have no indication on if I am doing the right thing. I really can't wait for the exam to come as I am done with it.

There will definitely be another unit along with conformity and obedience because thats just the mandatory unit. For the other unit, your teacher will have choice of a topic. For instance, for the topic alongside sleep and dreams we have done mind sets rather than stress.
Research unit is quite easy but I found the prelim for it a bit difficult as we were asked questions in context.
I know its very unfair that we get no help at all. This assignment can easily be presented as an advanced higher level one because its the same level of complexity and hard work that you have to put in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi im planning to do this course next year would u recommend it ?
Original post by louise.mcg
Hi im planning to do this course next year would u recommend it ?

If the teacher is good and has an idea of what they are doing then yeah I will recommend it

Posted from TSR Mobile
what has everyone done for their assignments? I'm doing the course through distance learning and I'm getting virtually no guidance with examples or ideas. Was thinking of doing something related to sleeping? Need to kind of start next week to get it finish for the deadline haha
Hiya guys, do you think SQA would be okay if I went 10% above the word count for the assignment?
So how are everybody's assignment coming along?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
I believe it will be fine - see below from SQA websiteFound the following from SQA website..."The report may be produced in written form or be word-processed. Whichever is used, the assignment should be submitted on paper to SQA for marking. The report should be between 2,000 and 2,500 words long, excluding references, footnotes and appendices. The candidate must provide the word count for the completed report, excluding appendices, footnotes and references. If the word count exceeds the maximum by 10%, a penalty will be applied. The candidate must provide a list of references for sources referred to in their report. The references can be provided in any format that enables another person to find the source of information...."My assignment is almost complete. I'm hoping it is okPosted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending