The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computer Science 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by zshn
Yeah I hope they don't include it in the offer though. I don't want to take the risk of firming them, doing badly on STEP and then having to go to Birmingham with no accomodation guarantee :/

As far as I remember nobody mentioned STEP at the interview day, only that they might add in another A* or two, but then people last year seemed to get STEP offers at random so who knows... :s fingers crossed huh!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 181
Original post by realhb
As far as I remember nobody mentioned STEP at the interview day, only that they might add in another A* or two, but then people last year seemed to get STEP offers at random so who knows... :s fingers crossed huh!

Yeah I don't remember them mentioning STEP either. UCAS Track's back up now at least, I've heard they put the offers on at 22:01 every night so here's hoping!
Reply 182
Offer conditions came in at 22:01! A*AA plus an A in my EPQ, anyone else's come in?
Original post by zshn
Offer conditions came in at 22:01! A*AA plus an A in my EPQ, anyone else's come in?

Just curious, is your EPQ related to computer science?
Reply 184
Original post by KingKumar
Just curious, is your EPQ related to computer science?

Yeah, the title is "What will be the impact of artificial intelligence on human employment and economic policy?". I spoke about it a lot with my interviewer so that's probably why they put it in, Imperial are known for adding extra conditions into offers to challenge people
(edited 8 years ago)
Got my offer for BEng :smile:
A* maths
AAA further maths, computing, physics

and a merit in AEA (apparently easier than STEP so phew)
Reply 186
Original post by mkwhater
Got my offer for BEng :smile:
A* maths
AAA further maths, computing, physics

and a merit in AEA (apparently easier than STEP so phew)

Congrats!
Does anyone know whether any Computing applicant has been rejected before or after interview yet? And I can't be sure but do they give better interviewees a harder offer?
Original post by zshn
Congrats!

You too :smile:
Original post by KingKumar
Does anyone know whether any Computing applicant has been rejected before or after interview yet? And I can't be sure but do they give better interviewees a harder offer?

I saw one guy post about getting rejected in October, about a week after he sent off the application. He had a C in Further Maths AS-level, so that was probably why.
It's getting kinda late now. Last interview date is 17th and still haven't heard anything...
Reply 191
Original post by JamieOH
It's getting kinda late now. Last interview date is 17th and still haven't heard anything...

I'm the same - I thought I would of heard by now if I was going to get an interview on the 17th.
Finally got an interview for MEng Computing, scheduled for Wednesday 17th February. Sent off application on October 15th.
Reply 193
Original post by marioman
Finally got an interview for MEng Computing, scheduled for Wednesday 17th February. Sent off application on October 15th.

Congrats! What subjects/grades do you have?
Original post by zshn
Congrats! What subjects/grades do you have?

GCSE: 10A*, 1A.

Last year: A* in A2 Maths, AAA in AS Physics, Chemistry and Computing.

Doing A2 Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computing this year, predicted 4A*.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by zshn

Congrats! What course did you apply for?

Original post by JamieOH

Did they tell you this!?
Original post by UnknownDude

Did they tell you this!?

It says it on the Imperial computer science page under "How to apply:" or something
Reply 197

I applied for MEng Computing, just got A*AB in my mocks so the next few months are gonna be effort
Original post by zshn
I applied for MEng Computing, just got A*AB in my mocks so the next few months are gonna be effort

Damn, my offer was A*A* in Maths and Further Maths and AA in Physics and Computing :frown:
Reply 199
Damn, my offer was A*A* in Maths and Further Maths and AA in Physics and Computing :frown:

That's rough man! Don't think I could get an A* in Further Maths, are you gonna firm it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending