The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Els-12
I've applied to UCL, St Andrews and Exeter and have applied to university college at Durham. What about you? :smile: Thanks, will hear soon hopefully

I've applied to St Andrews, Exeter and Edinburgh! Hopefully gonna slightly change my degree title to 'Spanish French and Arabic' as the thought of dropping French is too sad :frown: and I'm sure you will :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Got an AAA offer for CompSci last week. :smile:
Original post by JamieOH

Well done!!! Which college did you apply to?
Original post by scratchedpaw
Well done!!! Which college did you apply to?

Butler, liked the modern-ness and the general feel of the place
Original post by JamieOH
Butler, liked the modern-ness and the general feel of the place

A lot of STEM kids seem to like Butler, I'll hopefully be at Hatfield because I like the traditional ambiance and location
Reply 1605
Original post by eleanor27
I've applied to St Andrews, Exeter and Edinburgh! Hopefully gonna slightly change my degree title to 'Spanish French and Arabic' as the thought of dropping French is too sad :frown: and I'm sure you will :smile:

Have you had offers from those three? If I go to Exeter I would love to do French, Spanish and Italian :smile:
Original post by Els-12
Have you had offers from those three? If I go to Exeter I would love to do French, Spanish and Italian :smile:

Only Exeter... still waiting on Scotland... what about you? :smile:
Original post by PandyyCD97
sameeeee, the wait is enough to freak me out, I heard some have already heard back :/

I also haven't heard back for Law. I'm starting to get desperate. 😩
Reply 1608
Original post by JamieOH

Congrats! Still waiting to hear back from Comp Sci + Maths. I've applied to Butler too.
Original post by jill800
It shouldn't be an instant rejection-Unless you mean you tailored your personal statement to English and philosophy but applied for liberal arts? Not too sure how it works but hopefully you'd still be considered for LA because they're kind of similar and if it's good news you can ask to change courses maybe? All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your answer!
No, my ps was focusing on film, philosophy and literature (not necessarily English), I applied only to LA courses. I'm just afraid of that they will think that I applied to LA because it might be an easier way to get in, than applying directly to English and Philosophy (the acceptance rate for this course is 22% according to which.university)
Reply 1610
HI,
just received an email from Durham university saying that my application for psychology was unsuccessful however they have decided to consider me for Applied Psychology.
Does anyone know if this is a generic email that everyone who doesn't get in to psychology gets, or does it actually mean I have a chance? Has anyone else got this email?
Any advice or commons would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone who applied on/before 21st October had an offer for English Literature yet? I'm just curious and soo impatient haha (applied to Hatfield) :smile:
Original post by adamgara
Thanks for your answer!
No, my ps was focusing on film, philosophy and literature (not necessarily English), I applied only to LA courses. I'm just afraid of that they will think that I applied to LA because it might be an easier way to get in, than applying directly to English and Philosophy (the acceptance rate for this course is 22% according to which.university)

It's okay- Maybe because you included film in your PS they won't necessarily think that, so I would try to keep positive until you hear back :/ good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mld120
Got an offer for English Literature on Monday! I applied to St John's, so now am waiting to hear which college I get! :smile:

I'm a student at St John's, it's the lovliest college ever. Fab choice :wink:
Original post by docmcstuffin
Anyone who applied on/before 21st October had an offer for English Literature yet? I'm just curious and soo impatient haha (applied to Hatfield) :smile:

I applied on the 8th October and still waiting for English and History
Original post by Kezkel
HI,
just received an email from Durham university saying that my application for psychology was unsuccessful however they have decided to consider me for Applied Psychology.
Does anyone know if this is a generic email that everyone who doesn't get in to psychology gets, or does it actually mean I have a chance? Has anyone else got this email?
Any advice or commons would be greatly appreciated.

It won't be generic, my friend was told to apply for a different course by another university when she was rejected from her original course, and she got on the new course no bother as she got the offer pretty much next day. Some universities have a policy that if they still like an applicant but don't think they suit a course they'll offer them a different course. You stand a good chance of getting in for applied psychology!!!
Original post by jill800
It's okay- Maybe because you included film in your PS they won't necessarily think that, so I would try to keep positive until you hear back :/ good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
Did you receive anything from Durham (or from your other choices)?
Just put Durham as insurance and now I think I'm going to pass out :afraid:
Reply 1618
Original post by scratchedpaw
It won't be generic, my friend was told to apply for a different course by another university when she was rejected from her original course, and she got on the new course no bother as she got the offer pretty much next day. Some universities have a policy that if they still like an applicant but don't think they suit a course they'll offer them a different course. You stand a good chance of getting in for applied psychology!!!

Thank you so much
I was really panicking because the email felt really genetic, it says about the course differences and accommodation options. They havent even asked me to apply for the other course they just said that they will consider me for it
I hope I hear soon
Original post by Kezkel
Thank you so much
I was really panicking because the email felt really genetic, it says about the course differences and accommodation options. They havent even asked me to apply for the other course they just said that they will consider me for it
I hope I hear soon

Hopefully you will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending