The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Postgraduate Offer Holders 2016

Hi!

I haven't found a thread for this yet.
I'm due to start in Sept. 2016 for MSc Organizational Psychology.

I'm from California and need accommodation advice; anyone else coming? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm still waiting on an offer for phd linguistics. Ugh. The wait is killing me.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I got offer for Msc Consumer Analytics and Marketing Strategy 2016.
I am thinking renting an apartment or room in shared house.
Reply 3
Original post by legranicky
I got offer for Msc Consumer Analytics and Marketing Strategy 2016.
I am thinking renting an apartment or room in shared house.

Congratulations! Where are you thinking about going? Do you know anything about Algernon Firth or St. Marks? I'm inbetween.
Reply 4
Original post by Leistud
I'm still waiting on an offer for phd linguistics. Ugh. The wait is killing me.

I hope you get it! when did you apply?
Original post by audreebelle
Congratulations! Where are you thinking about going? Do you know anything about Algernon Firth or St. Marks? I'm inbetween.

You mean in Leeds? You've found accommodation?
Reply 6
You mean in Leeds? You've found accommodation?

Not quite, I'm still looking but I saw those two places and it seems decent online. to be honest, I have no idea what to expect or where to go :/ and there's no way I can afford to go to postgraduate open day to look around; plane tickets are too expensive. Are there areas that I should avoid?
Reply 7
4 December 2015 😩
Reply 8
Original post by Leistud
4 December 2015 😩

Hm...maybe you could call them to make sure they received your application?
Hello!

I have been given an offer to study MSc Organizational Psychology! I went to the Open day yesterday and looked around the business school, accomodation, places to study and spoke to a lecturer. I was impressed with what i saw/learnt so i am going to accept the offer. I looked around St.Marks Residence and was impressed. They say that providing you apply before deadlines you are guarenteed accomodation for international students.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not quite, I'm still looking but I saw those two places and it seems decent online. to be honest, I have no idea what to expect or where to go :/ and there's no way I can afford to go to postgraduate open day to look around; plane tickets are too expensive. Are there areas that I should avoid?

If you google 'which area to live in Leeds', there are some articles to describe some 'less safe' areas. But now the renting options are quite limited. I guess it's not time yet. Maybe around April? When present tenants have decided whether to stay longer or move.
Reply 11
Original post by Jenniferanne89
Hello!

I have been given an offer to study MSc Organizational Psychology! I went to the Open day yesterday and looked around the business school, accomodation, places to study and spoke to a lecturer. I was impressed with what i saw/learnt so i am going to accept the offer. I looked around St.Marks Residence and was impressed. They say that providing you apply before deadlines you are guarenteed accomodation for international students.

Hi! I'm going to message you.

I checked Algernon Firth and St Marks Court, they seem both very nice and reasonable price, I guess. I am doubting between en-suite and studio now.
Hey guys...I have an offer for the MSc International Health program at Leeds...I also received offers from Brighton & Sussex Medical School for MSc Global Health and UCL for MSc Global Health and Development....haven't chosen yet. Thoughts or guidance?! I should mention I'm from the U.S. Congrats on everyone with offers!!
Reply 14
Original post by Leistud
4 December 2015 😩

Aww...have you gotten an answer yet?
Reply 15
I checked Algernon Firth and St Marks Court, they seem both very nice and reasonable price, I guess. I am doubting between en-suite and studio now.

hmm..I'm not sure either. I feel like an en-suite would be much nicer but idk if the cost is worth it.
Reply 16
Original post by sahas1234
Hey guys...I have an offer for the MSc International Health program at Leeds...I also received offers from Brighton & Sussex Medical School for MSc Global Health and UCL for MSc Global Health and Development....haven't chosen yet. Thoughts or guidance?! I should mention I'm from the U.S. Congrats on everyone with offers!!

Hi! Congrats :smile: I wouldn't be able to help you choose but I hope wherever you pick suits you well. I'm from California and I had a hard time deciding where to go in England too. If it helps I can message you why I chose Leeds?
Reply 17
I did!!!!! Unconditional offer 🙂🙂🎉🎉🙆🙆
Reply 18
Hey! I have received an MSc in International Business conditional offer for the September 2016 intake. Stuck on choosing between University of Leeds and University of Stirling. My preference is on Leeds and i would finalise my decision on 24th. Need opinions and advice guys!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Hey,I am still considering for applying to Leeds for MSc in International Business/ MSc in Management Consulting. Although i applied to Warwick, Cass, Cranfield which are yet in process. Thought of asking your views for leeds and anyone student profile for a better knowledge who got into it and congrats to all who got offers.

Quick Reply

Latest