The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmilyC0202
Has anyone applied for & received offers for Adult Nursing at CCCU? I had my interview on Friday and the waiting is killing me! They said we'd hear within the next couple of weeks but seems like a lifetime :s-smilie:

No but I have an interview for there on the 12th!! any tips/ what do they ask??
Original post by Naomi Ghaly
No but I have an interview for there on the 12th!! any tips/ what do they ask??

It's absolutely nothing to worry about :smile: they aren't trying to trick you out as long as you can show enthusiasm and how much you want to be a nurse you'll be fine! I'd definitely read through things like the 6 C's and current media relating to nursing, good luck!
Original post by HollyA95
Hey!! How did your Bournemouth interview go? I got my offer on the 2nd of feb :smile: you heard back yet?

Hi, congratulations on your offer. 2nd of feb is when i got my offer too SO HAPPY !! is it your firm choice ? :biggrin:
Reply 2443
😀😀 just got an offer through this evening! Feeling very relieved 😀

Original post by aimee1987
Email from ucas and track updated. Don't think like that, someone said there was a massive backlog!

Oops, that was you lol I was sure I was rejected so don't assume :smile:
Just got my acceptance letter from the University of York through the post for Mental Health Nursing today!! I'm absolutely over the moon and will be firming the offer straight away:h:
Original post by EmilyC0202
How long have you been trying to decide for?

When I applied (back in November) I was certain that I wanted to go to Surrey or Southampton but after the applicant days I liked the others as well :s-smilie: how long did it take you to decide what unis you wanted to apply for/go to?
Original post by HSMITH33
Hi, congratulations on your offer. 2nd of feb is when i got my offer too SO HAPPY !! is it your firm choice ? :biggrin:

Hey, thank you :smile: I was really happy when I saw it on track. Congrats to you too :biggrin: as of right now I am not sure which is going to be my firm choice, I really need to make my mind up haha what about you?
When I applied (back in November) I was certain that I wanted to go to Surrey or Southampton but after the applicant days I liked the others as well :s-smilie: how long did it take you to decide what unis you wanted to apply for/go to?

It's funny how the applicant days can change things! I'm still undecided on which to chose - I know Canterbury is where I want to go now but unsure on which campus. Happy I've made it that far in my decision though as I had really liked ARU when I went for the testing & interview days. I'm debating whether to also stay in halls for first year and commute the rest of the time or just commute for the whole 3 years; too many choices to make :tongue:
Congrats to you too :smile: and thank you! I'm still undecided on where I want to go so not sure yet what about you?

I'm going to accept Brighton as firm and I have Kingston as insurance. Where else have you applied?
Original post by BexHa
😀😀 just got an offer through this evening! Feeling very relieved 😀

Is that your first choice?? Where else have you applied?
Reply 2450
It is my first choice but waiting for UEA as well
Original post by aimee1987
Is that your first choice?? Where else have you applied?
Hey, thank you :smile: I was really happy when I saw it on track. Congrats to you too :biggrin: as of right now I am not sure which is going to be my firm choice, I really need to make my mind up haha what about you?

Have you done all your interviews? I have Southampton this Saturday and then Surrey on 14th march. Surrey and Bournemouth are my top 2 atm but only because i am not having high expectations for getting into Southampton because i know it is so difficult to get into :/
Hi,
i was unsuccessful for kings (sorry for the downer) and i need to know what went wrong, so does anybody know how to contact them about interview etc.
Reply 2453
Original post by JJW182015
Hi,
i was unsuccessful for kings (sorry for the downer) and i need to know what went wrong, so does anybody know how to contact them about interview etc.

Hi there, sorry to hear you were unsuccessful. You should be able to get feedback by sending them a message on your Kings Portal. Hope they can give you some useful feedback, good luck with your other choices! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Monikaxxx1993
Hi Does anyone know how long I can wait to choose the selection day at Middlesex? Thank xoxo

I had my tests 20th Jan, they told us 4-7 days but been over 2 weeks now. I emailed them about this and they said nothing apart from wait a bit longer. So, hopefully very soon we should hear back :smile:
Original post by fc93
Hi there, sorry to hear you were unsuccessful. You should be able to get feedback by sending them a message on your Kings Portal. Hope they can give you some useful feedback, good luck with your other choices! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully
Thank you:smile:
Reply 2456
Original post by JJW182015
Hopefully
Thank you:smile:

No problem. :smile:

Try not to be disheartened. (Easier said than done I know!) Kings have thousands more applicants than places so it may just be down to the volume of applications as opposed to anything you did wrong. :smile:

Hope you get some good news soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had an interview yesterday and said they'd make a decision same day, so not knowing yet is killing me!!
I feel like I answered everything completely wrong and my mind just went generally blank about everything I've ever done in my life, so I'm so so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fc93
No problem. :smile:

Try not to be disheartened. (Easier said than done I know!) Kings have thousands more applicants than places so it may just be down to the volume of applications as opposed to anything you did wrong. :smile:

Hope you get some good news soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know,
two people I know have just been completely wiped out by universities just rejecting them - it's even annoying when it starts happening to you.
Yeah I noticed that on the day they were clearing other applicants just as we were going in so maybe but thanks anyway:smile:
Reply 2459
Original post by Swagio
Had an interview yesterday and said they'd make a decision same day, so not knowing yet is killing me!!
I feel like I answered everything completely wrong and my mind just went generally blank about everything I've ever done in my life, so I'm so so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where for? I was in the same situation and they responded at lunch today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending