The Student Room Group

Battling A-level exam boards

Taking A-levels are monumental, especially when they're in science. At the beginning of Year 12 I was so excited to get to take my scientific interest to the next level, but by the end of it the horror of AS level and exam boards in general made me hate sciences.

I'm now stuck doing Psychology, Biology & Chemistry A-levels with an AS in Physics. I could give up and waste my time or I can suck it up and do the best I possibly can to get into the best possible uni for me.

I actually can't complain about doing Psychology; that's what I want to do at university and follow a clinical psychology doctorate after. But that's more for the future. Right now, I stay behind for an hour or two every day after school to get my revision on, then come home and revise some more.

A-level sciences are a lot less about memorisation than you'd think, but that doesn't mean it won't help to remember the generation of the nitronium ion by the reaction of nitric and sulfuric acid, or the Krebs cycle in respiration.

Join me in my battle against AQA (all my sciences except physics are with them) to do the best and be the best students we can be.
Original post by peterpotatoes
Taking A-levels are monumental, especially when they're in science. At the beginning of Year 12 I was so excited to get to take my scientific interest to the next level, but by the end of it the horror of AS level and exam boards in general made me hate sciences.

I'm now stuck doing Psychology, Biology & Chemistry A-levels with an AS in Physics. I could give up and waste my time or I can suck it up and do the best I possibly can to get into the best possible uni for me.

I actually can't complain about doing Psychology; that's what I want to do at university and follow a clinical psychology doctorate after. But that's more for the future. Right now, I stay behind for an hour or two every day after school to get my revision on, then come home and revise some more.

A-level sciences are a lot less about memorisation than you'd think, but that doesn't mean it won't help to remember the generation of the nitronium ion by the reaction of nitric and sulfuric acid, or the Krebs cycle in respiration.

Join me in my battle against AQA (all my sciences except physics are with them) to do the best and be the best students we can be.

I really like your choice of thread title and the idea of battling AQA :laugh:
Original post by rayquaza17
I really like your choice of thread title and the idea of battling AQA :laugh:

So much of science A-level depends on the exam paper itself, including how questions are worded and how specific the mark schemes are that year. In my eyes, A-levels are nothing less than a battle with exam boards as stated in my thread. Thanks for the support though!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending