The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Azzzman
SME are a joke. I too sent them a dozen odd emails but they never got back.

My dad is my backup :smile: Hoping i dont have to use him but its there should i need it

applied for SME and they got back to me within a few days, they seem pretty good except over all they charge you £5500 if you get in! Very expensive! has anyone got any other options?!
Reply 241
Original post by Abz1901
I wanted to apply there but there were some issues with the application. I am going to Pleven as last resort because they have Feb intake. I haven't started yet but I will do soon. I don't know if you have heard of tutelage by any chance? I went through them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, How much did tutelage charge you
Reply 242
Is anyone applying for Sofia for October 2016 entrance? If you are applying please let me know as I am also interested and could benefit from a helping hand
Thanks
Original post by Ali7865
Hi, How much did tutelage charge you

I didn't get charged for the application service when I applied through them, but it depends where you apply
Original post by Azzzman
SME are a joke. I too sent them a dozen odd emails but they never got back.

My dad is my backup :smile: Hoping i dont have to use him but its there should i need it

Did you end up applying? I've forgotten where you applied, I know you mentioned before
Original post by kwalsfaa
applied for SME and they got back to me within a few days, they seem pretty good except over all they charge you £5500 if you get in! Very expensive! has anyone got any other options?!

Which uni did you apply to? I applied through an agency and I didn't get charged for the application, SME were asking for too much from me so I had to look elsewhere
Reply 246
Original post by Abz1901
I didn't get charged for the application service when I applied through them, but it depends where you apply

So, where are u applying for?
How much will it cost for tuition and agency service?
Original post by Abz1901
Which uni did you apply to? I applied through an agency and I didn't get charged for the application, SME were asking for too much from me so I had to look elsewhere

I haven't applied anywhere yet, I'm going to apply to Warwick and Newcastle over here but SME told me I could apply to Sofia or Trakia in Bulgaria. What company did you use? And how are you paying for tuition fees and living etc?
Reply 248
I haven't applied anywhere yet, I'm going to apply to Warwick and Newcastle over here but SME told me I could apply to Sofia or Trakia in Bulgaria. What company did you use? And how are you paying for tuition fees and living etc?

I'm looking to apply for Sofia for October 2016 entrance. I'm still searching for a feasible agency to apply through. I will be paying cash!

Just need more info on what agency to use?
Original post by Ali7865
I'm looking to apply for Sofia for October 2016 entrance. I'm still searching for a feasible agency to apply through. I will be paying cash!

Just need more info on what agency to use?

Study Medicine Europe are apparently good but they are very expensive, £5500 for the whole thing. How are you planning on paying for tuition fees and living costs?
Reply 250
Study Medicine Europe are apparently good but they are very expensive, £5500 for the whole thing. How are you planning on paying for tuition fees and living costs?

SME are very good, I have spoken to them, but the cost is not feasible. I've heard of other agencies that charge only for translation of the documents which sounds much better. I'm planning to pay for tuition fees (3100£) on my own, as i've worked for it past few years! Just looking for reasonable agency as I cant apply on my own - its a complete headache lol
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I was thinking it does seem like a lit of hard work to do it alone! How come you've decided to apply abroad?

Have you received any offers from any of them yet? Yeah, there's a few unis in Bulgaria you could potentially go to. I went through Tutelage. Tuition fees are 7000 euros per year. I have only been here for a week and a bit so I can't really say what my living costs are like at the moment. But so far, I am enjoying it!
Which uni are you at? I contact tutelage today and they said I could apply for Pleven in Bulgaria and Palacy in Czech Republic (or however you spell them!!) I haven't properly applied yet as I am trying to work out how to pay for the fees?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 254
Original post by Abz1901
Have you received any offers from any of them yet? Yeah, there's a few unis in Bulgaria you could potentially go to. I went through Tutelage. Tuition fees are 7000 euros per year. I have only been here for a week and a bit so I can't really say what my living costs are like at the moment. But so far, I am enjoying it!

Which uni are u in?
Original post by Ali7865
Which uni are u in?

Im at Pleven, went for Feb intake
Did you go straight into first year or do the foundation year? That's the uni I'm looking at but do have a few concerns about what will happen when I return regarding F2 and job etc! And also, did you manage to get a student loan?
Did you go straight into first year or do the foundation year? That's the uni I'm looking at but do have a few concerns about what will happen when I return regarding F2 and job etc! And also, did you manage to get a student loan?

I went straight into first year. I already have science based A Levels, I just missed the deadlines for September intake at the other universities. Are you planning on going next year?
I'm debating what to do, either study ALevels through the open college here and then go or what!? Decisions! Have you got a student loan to help with costs? And how do you find living there!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm debating what to do, either study ALevels through the open college here and then go or what!? Decisions! Have you got a student loan to help with costs? And how do you find living there!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got this reply from general medical council, I am not sure if it means you can not get provisional licence, but you can still do your FY2 in the uk. Anyway here it is:

"Dear Jim

Thank you for your email about obtaining registration with a medical degree from the European Economic Area (EEA).

Some European countries include the internship year in their medical degree which means doctors cannot apply for provisional registration and will not be able to do the foundation programme in the UK.

You can find a list of EEA countries and our requirements from each country on our website at:

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registration_applications/evidence_of_qualifications.asp

Before you apply for registration, you should read our guidance for doctors thinking about applying for registration. You may find it useful to pay particular attention to the section on key issues for EEA nationals. The website contains information about the application process and the documents you will need to submit as part of any application. When you are ready to apply you will need to complete an online application and pay a registration fee.

To complete the three stages of the application process you will need to give us details of a number of important documents.

Stage 1 - Recognising your qualification

Stage 2 - Your licence to practise

Stage 3 - Completing the registration process

Stage 1: Recognising your qualification

When we have your application, we will assess it within five working days and then ask you to send us photocopies of some documents by post.

Stage 2: Your licence to practise

We need to be satisfied you have the necessary knowledge of English to communicate effectively before we give you a licence. This is so you do not put the safety of your patients at risk. Communicating includes speaking, reading, writing and listening.

We may ask you to give us evidence that you can communicate effectively in English.

If we ask you for this evidence, and:

you do not send it to us

Or

we are not satisfied with it

we will approve you for registration without a licence. You will not be able to practise medicine in the UK without a licence.
If you give us your evidence before we complete the registration process at your ID check, and it meets our requirements, we will grant you both registration and a licence.
Or
You can make a separate application for a licence to practise after your registration is granted at the ID check. You will still need to give us evidence of your knowledge of English if we have asked you for it before.
Stage 3: Completing the registration process
You will need to bring the original versions of all your documents we have assessed to this point, including any English translations, to your identity check. We will send you an identity check invitation and tell you all the original documents we need to see.
Please do not visit our offices for an identity check until we have invited you.
If we grant you registration without a licence, we will refund you the licence part of your application fee.
I hope this information is useful. If you would like to discuss the application process further please reply to this email or call me on the number below.
Yours sincerelyNatalie"

Latest

Trending

Trending