The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for SRUC 2016 entry?

Is anyone applying for SRUC this year? I'm applying to the Oatridge campus. Has anyone heard back from them yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for both oatridge and Edinburgh. Heard back from Edinburgh but not oatridge. What did you apply for?
Reply 2
I've applied to Edinburgh and Ayr but I've not heard back yet!! Getting anxious. I have applied for both the Horticulture and garden design courses but I'm not feeling super confident!! :-(
I live in Ayr so I'm hoping I get accepted there but I my grades match up better with Garden Design in Edinburgh. What have you both applied for? I'm finding it super difficult to find other people applying to SRUC.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by monstera
I've applied to Edinburgh and Ayr but I've not heard back yet!! Getting anxious. I have applied for both the Horticulture and garden design courses but I'm not feeling super confident!! :-(
I live in Ayr so I'm hoping I get accepted there but I my grades match up better with Garden Design in Edinburgh. What have you both applied for? I'm finding it super difficult to find other people applying to SRUC.

I'm interested what can you do with those courses or degrees? Yeah there doesn't seem to be many people about that I've heard off good to know someone else is :smile: I only know of one person who's applying to sruc.

I've applied for animal care as a sort of secure choice and applied animal science. I've had good news from animal science but nothing for animal care there maybe not very fast at get through applications. I wouldn't worry I'm sure you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Awatt
I'm interested what can you do with those courses or degrees? Yeah there doesn't seem to be many people about that I've heard off good to know someone else is :smile: I only know of one person who's applying to sruc.

I've applied for animal care as a sort of secure choice and applied animal science. I've had good news from animal science but nothing for animal care there maybe not very fast at get through applications. I wouldn't worry I'm sure you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can do loads of things with horticulture. I think I want to work in fruit production or producing plants on a large scale for retail but you could start your own buisness,go into plant science and do research or work for a botanic garden.
Congrats on hearing from animal science that sounds cool :-)
Reply 5
You can do loads of things with horticulture. I think I want to work in fruit production or producing plants on a large scale for retail but you could start your own buisness,go into plant science and do research or work for a botanic garden.
Congrats on hearing from animal science that sounds cool :-)

Oh that sounds interesting never even thought about that. Is plant science similar to plant biology?

Thanks very much :smile: I hope so haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Awatt

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied for Animal Care too! Well done on getting in to animal science :smile: I am getting so impatient waiting to hear back as I've only applied to Oatridge so I either get in there or nothing! Are you planning on living on campus halls or travelling through? I haven't heard of anyone else applying to SRUC so it's exciting to hear other people that have!!
Reply 7
Original post by Brob12345
I have applied for Animal Care too! Well done on getting in to animal science :smile: I am getting so impatient waiting to hear back as I've only applied to Oatridge so I either get in there or nothing! Are you planning on living on campus halls or travelling through? I haven't heard of anyone else applying to SRUC so it's exciting to hear other people that have!!

Finally I have heard of someone else applying for it haha did you apply for the hnc or hnd? They seem to be taking their frustratingly. I live in Glasgow but I'm planning g on just driving there it's cheaper for me that way. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Awatt
Finally I have heard of someone else applying for it haha did you apply for the hnc or hnd? They seem to be taking their frustratingly. I live in Glasgow but I'm planning g on just driving there it's cheaper for me that way. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for the HNC - I only want to do a year then hopefully do Vet Nursing next year once I've done the HNC ! What about you? Ah cool that's convenient for you. I'm planning on moving to Edinburgh and just travelling through, campus is so far away I'd rather be in the city!! I am just constantly on edge waiting to hear back. Every email sends me into a panic! Glad I'm not the only one still waiting!
Reply 9
Is the Edinburgh campus quite far away from the city center?I was considering travelling in by train but I've not had an opportunity to visit yet.
I hope we all hear back soon :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I applied to oatridge for veterinary nursing and veterinary care assistant and haven't heard back.. I'm slightly worried.. I applied last year for barony but it was before I could drive and I got a place but had to turn it down, so I'll be disappointed if I don't get a place this year 🙄
Original post by ilynn182
I applied to oatridge for veterinary nursing and veterinary care assistant and haven't heard back.. I'm slightly worried.. I applied last year for barony but it was before I could drive and I got a place but had to turn it down, so I'll be disappointed if I don't get a place this year 🙄

Try not to worry, I contacted them a few weeks ago and I was told they are trying to process all applications as fast as possible.
Is the Edinburgh campus quite far away from the city center?I was considering travelling in by train but I've not had an opportunity to visit yet.
I hope we all hear back soon :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I travel to SRUC at the Edinburgh Campus. I'm in first year currently doing Environmental Resource Management. I come in at Waverley and then I need to walk 5-10 mins to the bus stop (the mound foot, next to the National Gallery) and then I get the 41 bus in, that takes about 20-25 mins. The bus drops you off right outside the SRUC building at Kings Buildings.
Original post by Janeysunandstars
I travel to SRUC at the Edinburgh Campus. I'm in first year currently doing Environmental Resource Management. I come in at Waverley and then I need to walk 5-10 mins to the bus stop (the mound foot, next to the National Gallery) and then I get the 41 bus in, that takes about 20-25 mins. The bus drops you off right outside the SRUC building at Kings Buildings.

Thanks. I was at the applicant day on Wednesday and the course looks really good from what I can tell. Everyone I met seemed really friendly too,I'm probably just going to move up to Edinburgh now considering it went so well and I think renting with a friend might be cheaper than travelling.
Reply 14
Original post by Janeysunandstars

Is there car parking spaces for students?

If there is do you know if it's fairly easy to get one?

Thanks!
Original post by Awatt

Thanks!

There is car parking for students/staff at Kings Building but I've been told it's by permit you have to pay for.
Original post by Awatt

Thanks!

Others on my course don't have a permit but they park in the roads around Kings Buildings such and they say it's quite easy to get a space
Has anybody been told anything about how much the field trip at the beginning of the year will cost?? I'm wondering how much cash I should be keeping back for uni :s-smilie:
Hi, I've applied to do vet nursing at SRUC in Aberdeen. However I've sent the admissions team multiple emails about my application over the last 3 months and they haven't replied to any of them. Is anyone else having this problem?
Has anyone heard back for level 3 diploma in vet nursing at oatridge?

Quick Reply

Latest