The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDKY
Thanks! I'm paying the international fees.

Thank you, that's helpful to know, & well done again!
Why does UCL refer to the Law February open afternoon as an 'interview' in portico? :confused:
Has anyone applied/received offers from City and BPP?
Original post by mitchriding
Everyone at my school dropped it (probably 80% of people tbh), as it was poorly taught, may be better in your school but we were the first year to do it at mine and teachers seemed to be lost! They even wrote letters to chosen unis explaining their mistake and why most students only had 3 AS levels

Oh no that's the same at my school!! I hope the teachers know now what they are supposed to do after most of the students at my school dropped it too! I don't get why they changed it to Pre-U, they should've just stuck with traditional A-levels and just allow any reforms to take place. What was so bad about pre-u history?
Original post by ARoxanne
Has anyone applied/received offers from City and BPP?

I received an offer from city on the 26th November and I sent my application off on the 19th.
Reply 2165
Hey, i currently have offers from QMUL, Manchester and SOAS (waiting for two more)

I'm thinking of Manchester but people say that QMUL is better than Manchester for Law, what do people think?
Original post by Student98x
I received an offer from city on the 26th November and I sent my application off on the 19th.

Are you planning on going there? I attended an events yesterday and it seemed really great but I'm not sure if it's the best move?
Reply 2167
I got 24 on LNAT and have AAB at A-level with A* in EPQ. I'm currently retaking some modules and am predicted A*A*A. Still haven't heard back for law. Do Nottingham look upon retakes unfavourably?
Are you planning on going there? I attended an events yesterday and it seemed really great but I'm not sure if it's the best move?

Yeah, I think it's a great uni in terms of job prospects. But I think it's going to be my insurance choice in case I don't get the grades for Leeds. ( I'm still waiting on Nottingham otherwise they'd be my firm choice instead of Leeds) wbu?
Original post by nohene
Hey, i currently have offers from QMUL, Manchester and SOAS (waiting for two more)

I'm thinking of Manchester but people say that QMUL is better than Manchester for Law, what do people think?

I have the same question.. Have read previous comments but still I am not convinced whether QMUL law is better than Manchester kaw or vice versa. Btw, when did you apply to qmul and how long have you waited before you received an offer from qmul? Thanks
I'm thinking of making it my firm, I think AAB is a high requirement but I really understand why. I want BPP which a private uni in London to give me an offer as they would be my firm, if not they'll be my insurance. I've heard really good things about Leeds though, I have a friend who studies a similar subject there and loves it.
I want BPP which a private uni in London to give me an offer as they would be my firm, if not they'll be my insurance. I've heard really good things about Leeds though, I have a friend who studies a similar subject there and loves it.

Bpp will surely give you an offer. When did you apply for BPP. I received mine 2 days after I submitted my ucas application. Are youa also an international student?
I applied really late (deadline week) as I was still debating my options. I really hope to hear from them soon! &no I live in London, how about you?
@ARoxanne I see.I applied 11th of January maybe they received a lot of local applications and still reviewing. I am from the Philippines but currently working in Dubai. Aside from bpp where did you apply?
Reply 2174
Original post by legalmind
I have the same question.. Have read previous comments but still I am not convinced whether QMUL law is better than Manchester kaw or vice versa. Btw, when did you apply to qmul and how long have you waited before you received an offer from qmul? Thanks

I applied on 12th November and got an offer on 20th Nov
Original post by PandyyCD97
I wish you all the best, good luck! :smile: Durham if I get it, if not then Bristol :tongue:

Aww thanks!! You too, I'm sure you will get an offer!
@nohene Congrats!!! that was quick.
Original post by tome97
I got 24 on LNAT and have AAB at A-level with A* in EPQ. I'm currently retaking some modules and am predicted A*A*A. Still haven't heard back for law. Do Nottingham look upon retakes unfavourably?

My son got an offer from Nottingham and he is resitting a module and fast tracking another A level in a year. He did have extenuating circumstances. Hope you hear soon. I think they have a lot more offers to give out.
Which uni would you say is better for law - Durham or Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
Which uni would you say is better for law - Durham or Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both are very good but the mc firms seem to favour Bristol. Bristol is ranked much higher in the world.

Latest

Trending

Trending