The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Ugh as interesting as international politics is I fail to see how demonising each other and arguing with strangers on a screen is going to solve anything k bye gonna eat some brunch
Original post by qwerty123A
More AKP-owned News. You're still not understanding are you?

I beg you to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_of_Turkey#AKP_government_pressure_over_media

Also, I have not asked anything of you apart from to open your eyes, which would be a great thing to do at this point.

So? AKP owned news is atleast verified, not any bloke can speak politics, your choice of reference- Wikipedia- is hardly anything, werent you taught so in year 7?
Hello lovelies. Got a bit nostalgic and started going through TSR.
Plus I may technically become a student again in the near future so it's not quite as sad as it seems.

How's everyone doing?
Merhaba new joiners. Welcome to the Turkish thread. Let's keep it to polite conversation with tea. :hugs:
Iv been told Turkish people dont like Arabs is that true not all only some Turkish people
Original post by muzi786
Iv been told Turkish people dont like Arabs is that true not all only some Turkish people

It's not about not 'liking,' more so to do with seeing them as 'backwards' and not wanting to be painted with the same brush as them.
The Turks only like the Germans ... They have good relations with none of their neighbours and in 2 world wars they fought on Germany's side.
Do Turkish people get married outside their race?

i know majority of Arabs dont
Original post by TeeEm
The Turks only like the Germans ... They have good relations with none of their neighbours and in 2 world wars they fought on Germany's side.

World War I, yes. World War II....erm, I think you might want to check your history textbooks again. :hmmmm2:

muzi786

Are you referring to the diaspora?
Merhaba
Original post by queen-bee
Merhaba

Naber queen-bee? You're much quieter than you used to be.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Naber queen-bee? You're much quieter than you used to be.

yiyim sağol, sen nasılsın

A lot of people have said that. I've been very ill so it's been busy for me.
Original post by queen-bee
yiyim sağol, sen nasılsın

A lot of people have said that. I've been very ill so it's been busy for me.

Yazık. Geçmiş olsun! :laugh:

But I would have thought that being ill = more time at home = more time on TSR. :dontknow:
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Yazık. Geçmiş olsun! :laugh:

But I would have thought that being ill = more time at home = more time on TSR. :dontknow:

:wink:

Naw,not in my case. Just more times in hospital
Sup
Thread's become active again :h:

Original post by muzi786

i know majority of Arabs dont

Have you fallen in love with me already? :flutter:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Thread's become active again :h:

Have you fallen in love with me already? :flutter:

ahaha Turkish women are beautiful!!
i went Istanbul it was amazing all i could see were beautiful women everywhere. I want to go marmaris next hows that?

by the way im not arab i just asked because i hear it alot that alot of Turkish people dont like Arabs and other way round Arabs dont like Turkish people.
Whos heard of Harun Yahya? if you've heard of him what do u think of him
Reply 4097
Original post by qwerty123A
I guess you're referring to me as a potential terrorist. Like i said previously, you're a shadow of your government.. Trying to diminish anyone who disgrees with you (as seen by the recent bombings in Ankara instigated by your government). Anyone who reads our debate will understand what im saying when I say your government is ****. I am ashamed to be from the same country as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe as a supporter of PKK which apparently is the 'Kurdish Workers Party' you are a terrorist sympathizer. You have no evidence to talk of the government killing 104 people. Trust me we know all of your 'peaceful' protests where you start throwing stones, bricks, molotov cocktails etc. at OUR Police. Don't come to me with wikipedia links, come to me with solid evidence that the Turkish government is actually doing all these bombings. Oh and trust me you have no right to even talk about innocent people dying. Why are you in my country? get out if you don't like it. Get out if you think our government, police, soldiers are sh*t. You know what PKK is all about, you know what HDP is all about. You know everything apart from politics in Turkey :smile:
Reply 4098
Original post by muzi786
Whos heard of Harun Yahya? if you've heard of him what do u think of him

We know him by the name of Adnan Oktar, a guy that apparently is very religious, makes a TV program with a lot of hot chicks and talks about religion. He has received a certificate confirming his masonry xD I think he is pathetic by the way, but he does have thousands of people who follows his path which tells me my country is more about women than religion. K.
Original post by K2G
We know him by the name of Adnan Oktar, a guy that apparently is very religious, makes a TV program with a lot of hot chicks and talks about religion. He has received a certificate confirming his masonry xD I think he is pathetic by the way, but he does have thousands of people who follows his path which tells me my country is more about women than religion. K.

ahaha thats what i wanted to hear! but what do majority of people think of him. Do they like him?

Quick Reply

Latest