The Student Room Group

Awful situation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I strongly advised it. I think the message was very clear and got a response, and I didn't expect her to even do so.

Of course I'd go with her, but that'd be very awkward for her. I hope she's told friends or something, but if not I'll offer.

I accidentally called her yesterday but she said she couldn't talk right now. What was I calling about?

No response yet, and it's unread. She hasn't blocked me either. I think she knows I'm there for her, but I can't push her can I? I'm in a very weird sensitive situation.

You done your bit she just needs to realise that she needs to get checked out and not hide from it.
If she replies and didn't go suggest going with her and stay in the waiting area if she declines you going along then you can't really do anything it's up to her.
Original post by chikane
You done your bit she just needs to realise that she needs to get checked out and not hide from it.
If she replies and didn't go suggest going with her and stay in the waiting area if she declines you going along then you can't really do anything it's up to her.

Yes - I wholeheartedly agree. I just don't understand how someone can bleed heavily, out of normal, out of character and for no apparent reason, to not think hold on that's not right; maybe I should seek medical attention urgently? Maybe I am being silly, but surely that's the first thing one should consider?

I said to my best friend, I know she's not gone doctors because she had refused me taking her to the hospital on the night. She's a student from abroad by the way. Now I am wondering why she's hiding away from my messages, she asked me a question. I answered it. I guess giving her space and letting her take it in is the best thing right now?
Yes - I wholeheartedly agree. I just don't understand how someone can bleed heavily, out of normal, out of character and for no apparent reason, to not think hold on that's not right; maybe I should seek medical attention urgently? Maybe I am being silly, but surely that's the first thing one should consider?

I said to my best friend, I know she's not gone doctors because she had refused me taking her to the hospital on the night. She's a student from abroad by the way. Now I am wondering why she's hiding away from my messages, she asked me a question. I answered it. I guess giving her space and letting her take it in is the best thing right now?

If she was on contraception pills sometimes that can cause irregular bleeding too. She would probably need to register with the doctors if she is from abroad. I have been on a certain pill and i was bleeding constantly on that. You will need to give her space and let her decide what to do.
Original post by chikane
If she was on contraception pills sometimes that can cause irregular bleeding too. She would probably need to register with the doctors if she is from abroad. I have been on a certain pill and i was bleeding constantly on that. You will need to give her space and let her decide what to do.

I did read that, hopefully that's the case. But I don't think it is, she obviously knows a lot more than me - it's her health at the end of the day. I can't even imagine what she's going through right now, I just can't. I think as you say, I need to give her space and let her decide what to do. I'd like to think she'll go and see her doctor, in fact I looked up on her universities page and it's £65, a visit!! If she still hasn't gone yet, then I am not sure what else I can do except suggest the walk-in-centre, that's free for anyone as long as you have a UK postal code, were they've told me they would refer her to the hospital.

Bit outside the box, but I was part of the Facebook Beta team and I just noticed that "Seen 10:03" today kept changing to "Seen 17:26 MON", I remember from the bug reports that the timestamp changes when someone goes into the conversation, starts typing a message but doesn't send the message. If I've explained that correctly? She's clearly burying her head into the sand and finding it difficult to talk, you got any tips or hints when it gets to the point that she decides to talk?
I did read that, hopefully that's the case. But I don't think it is, she obviously knows a lot more than me - it's her health at the end of the day. I can't even imagine what she's going through right now, I just can't. I think as you say, I need to give her space and let her decide what to do. I'd like to think she'll go and see her doctor, in fact I looked up on her universities page and it's £65, a visit!! If she still hasn't gone yet, then I am not sure what else I can do except suggest the walk-in-centre, that's free for anyone as long as you have a UK postal code, were they've told me they would refer her to the hospital.

Bit outside the box, but I was part of the Facebook Beta team and I just noticed that "Seen 10:03" today kept changing to "Seen 17:26 MON", I remember from the bug reports that the timestamp changes when someone goes into the conversation, starts typing a message but doesn't send the message. If I've explained that correctly? She's clearly burying her head into the sand and finding it difficult to talk, you got any tips or hints when it gets to the point that she decides to talk?

You will need to meet her face to face to try and get her to talk as its easy for her to hide away from your messages. Suggest going out for lunch or a coffee say its your treat.
Original post by chikane
You will need to meet her face to face to try and get her to talk as its easy for her to hide away from your messages. Suggest going out for lunch or a coffee say its your treat.

Haha, I knew you was going to suggest that. Problem is she's just super embarrassed, I've obviously done nothing wrong as I would have been blocked by now? I just don't well her feeling awkward.

Would it be a good idea saying the following? "Hey, I've just got some of my test results, I am awaiting on bloods. Can you meet me at the Science Museum? So we can grab a coffee, my treat of course. :smile:"
Haha, I knew you was going to suggest that. Problem is she's just super embarrassed, I've obviously done nothing wrong as I would have been blocked by now? I just don't well her feeling awkward.

Would it be a good idea saying the following? "Hey, I've just got some of my test results, I am awaiting on bloods. Can you meet me at the Science Museum? So we can grab a coffee, my treat of course. :smile:"

I would just ask her out for a coffee don't mention tests or results.
'Hi, Would you like to meet up this (insert day) to grab a coffee my treat :smile:'

Then when you meet you can discuss your result cause if you mention it now she might not want to meet you if she knows you are going to bring this up. If she replies back do not in your reply mention results at all.
Original post by chikane
I would just ask her out for a coffee don't mention tests or results.
'Hi, Would you like to meet up this (insert day) to grab a coffee my treat :smile:'

Then when you meet you can discuss your result cause if you mention it now she might not want to meet you if she knows you are going to bring this up. If she replies back do not in your reply mention results at all.

Oh I see, I last messaged her Monday. I didn't respond to her message, I then apparently accidentally called her and she replied saying "What was I calling about? That she couldn't talk right now." I wonder if she's just avoiding any sort of conversation, as she did say to my friend two weeks ago she really would prefer not to talk? But obviously we've spoken since then, and if I haven't already mentioned it she doesn't seem to have a problem with me? Because let's face it, she'd have blocked me and I've literally done nothing wrong.

Bit of a stupid question, but I asked how she was feeling? I got no response to that. Shall I give her till next week to maybe come to me, and if not mention the coffee idea at the Science Museum?

Or would a better option be "Hey, if you get some down time, can you give me a quick call please? :smile:" then ask her out, once she realises it's not awkward and that it will be fine. If she mentions why, what would I say?
Oh I see, I last messaged her Monday. I didn't respond to her message, I then apparently accidentally called her and she replied saying "What was I calling about? That she couldn't talk right now." I wonder if she's just avoiding any sort of conversation, as she did say to my friend two weeks ago she really would prefer not to talk? But obviously we've spoken since then, and if I haven't already mentioned it she doesn't seem to have a problem with me? Because let's face it, she'd have blocked me and I've literally done nothing wrong.

Bit of a stupid question, but I asked how she was feeling? I got no response to that. Shall I give her till next week to maybe come to me, and if not mention the coffee idea at the Science Museum?

Or would a better option be "Hey, if you get some down time, can you give me a quick call please? :smile:" then ask her out, once she realises it's not awkward and that it will be fine. If she mentions why, what would I say?

Mmmm you should have texted what i said 'hi, do you want to go for a coffee on (insert day) my treat'. None of this how you feeling as she clearly does not want to discuss her feelings.
Just phone her yourself and ask her instead of waiting cause if you say to her i need to talk to you she will think you are going to talk about results and stuff.
Original post by chikane
Mmmm you should have texted what i said 'hi, do you want to go for a coffee on (insert day) my treat'. None of this how you feeling as she clearly does not want to discuss her feelings.
Just phone her yourself and ask her instead of waiting cause if you say to her i need to talk to you she will think you are going to talk about results and stuff.

I tried what you said.* She started asking "Is everything alright? Please tell me your ok?"

She's obviously wanted to know about the results. I was like let's talk later, she then went into one saying that she's had tests done and shes perfectly healthy.* That if anything is wrong but hopefully not, that it's unlikely her. She can't keep having these negative situations coming up (Sounds like she's having a lot going on?)* She really would like to put this in the past, that being said she would prefer we don't talk about this or anything actually.

I was busy at the time, and didn't respond and I told her she's really sweet and I am glad we met even for the shortest of moments.** I'm moving on from this now, that she was my first and I had clear results. Glad she's fine and all but I'd like to be "just friends" as I'd really like to keep in touch obviously respecting her wishes that we never mention this again.**

It went to seen straight away, so she was obviously waiting for me to reply. I added her on Facebook and she's not replied since, she's not blocked me, not deleted the request and when my friend added her a few weeks back she deleted the request so I'm not sure what to think other than she obviously cares back, and she's obviously got something there.*** I guess its best to step away now and if she accepts the request leave her alone for a few weeks or let her talk to me?

This is difficult because she knows I've done nothing wrong and she appreciates I care. Do you think saying just friends might have upset her? Especially now considering maybe I was her first??
I tried what you said.* She started asking "Is everything alright? Please tell me your ok?"

She's obviously wanted to know about the results. I was like let's talk later, she then went into one saying that she's had tests done and shes perfectly healthy.* That if anything is wrong but hopefully not, that it's unlikely her. She can't keep having these negative situations coming up (Sounds like she's having a lot going on?)* She really would like to put this in the past, that being said she would prefer we don't talk about this or anything actually.

I was busy at the time, and didn't respond and I told her she's really sweet and I am glad we met even for the shortest of moments.** I'm moving on from this now, that she was my first and I had clear results. Glad she's fine and all but I'd like to be "just friends" as I'd really like to keep in touch obviously respecting her wishes that we never mention this again.**

It went to seen straight away, so she was obviously waiting for me to reply. I added her on Facebook and she's not replied since, she's not blocked me, not deleted the request and when my friend added her a few weeks back she deleted the request so I'm not sure what to think other than she obviously cares back, and she's obviously got something there.*** I guess its best to step away now and if she accepts the request leave her alone for a few weeks or let her talk to me?

This is difficult because she knows I've done nothing wrong and she appreciates I care. Do you think saying just friends might have upset her? Especially now considering maybe I was her first??

How long have you both been together? Also when she said let's not talk about this or anything did she mean don't talk to her?
Hmm you going to have to take her word for it that she went and got the all clear. Usually with abnormal bleeding the doctor would refer you to have a scan or to gynaecology.
The doctor wanted me to have a pelvic scan to see if I had any fibroid and I waited 2 weeks for the appointment. So don't see why the same would not happen with her.
Is she implying that the problem is not with her but you when she said she was healthy?
I find that really fishy that sentence saying if there's a problem it's not her when clearly blood came out of her!
I don't think she went and she is fobbing you off but I think you said the right thing about being friends to her she might think you had sex with her and changed your mind cause of it though.
She clearly does not communicate well with you and she dosent open up to you so staying friend might be the right option don't know if she will see it that way.
Just leave her be and wait for her response.
Seeing as it's anonymous and I doubt she's on here. Word for word her last message to me.

"Look, after I went to the doctor and had a few tests I found out that I'm perfectly healthy. I sure hope that's your case as well but if not, it shouldn't be because of me. I really appreciate your concern and everything but I can't keep having all these negative things coming up. I really would like to put this in the past, that being said I would prefer we don't talk about this or anything actually. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude, I will make sure to take care of myself and I hope you do the same."

She planned to go to the doctors Tuesday? Like you say they would have probably referred her, and I waited a week for my results so yeah she's probably trying to fob me off or she's just wanting to get out of the awkwardness? My friend said she's trying to blame me for what happened.

I'll be honest with you. Her initial messages were interesting, and her showing care and asking if everything is well with me, again this is not something I'd expect from someone if they wasn't interested?

In fact I replied 1hr later, it went straight to "seen" so she was obviously continously waiting for my reply. I think we are both very similar, and I am now wondering if there's more to this from her PoV?

It's something I do regularly, is check messages for a response. Especially if I like talking to that person. I just find it strange that if you never want to talk to that person, you blocked them. Who cares basically? But she's holding on for something, and she's not deleted and spammed my friend request yet, obviously if she does it know she's not interested but I'm sure she's dithering over what to do without expressing her true feelings?

If it was her first time, could this explain why?

Original post by chikane
How long have you both been together? Also when she said let's not talk about this or anything did she mean don't talk to her?
Hmm you going to have to take her word for it that she went and got the all clear. Usually with abnormal bleeding the doctor would refer you to have a scan or to gynaecology.
The doctor wanted me to have a pelvic scan to see if I had any fibroid and I waited 2 weeks for the appointment. So don't see why the same would not happen with her.
Is she implying that the problem is not with her but you when she said she was healthy?
I find that really fishy that sentence saying if there's a problem it's not her when clearly blood came out of her!
I don't think she went and she is fobbing you off but I think you said the right thing about being friends to her she might think you had sex with her and changed your mind cause of it though.
She clearly does not communicate well with you and she dosent open up to you so staying friend might be the right option don't know if she will see it that way.
Just leave her be and wait for her response.
Seeing as it's anonymous and I doubt she's on here. Word for word her last message to me.

"Look, after I went to the doctor and had a few tests I found out that I'm perfectly healthy. I sure hope that's your case as well but if not, it shouldn't be because of me. I really appreciate your concern and everything but I can't keep having all these negative things coming up. I really would like to put this in the past, that being said I would prefer we don't talk about this or anything actually. I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude, I will make sure to take care of myself and I hope you do the same."

She planned to go to the doctors Tuesday? Like you say they would have probably referred her, and I waited a week for my results so yeah she's probably trying to fob me off or she's just wanting to get out of the awkwardness? My friend said she's trying to blame me for what happened.

I'll be honest with you. Her initial messages were interesting, and her showing care and asking if everything is well with me, again this is not something I'd expect from someone if they wasn't interested?

In fact I replied 1hr later, it went straight to "seen" so she was obviously continously waiting for my reply. I think we are both very similar, and I am now wondering if there's more to this from her PoV?

It's something I do regularly, is check messages for a response. Especially if I like talking to that person. I just find it strange that if you never want to talk to that person, you blocked them. Who cares basically? But she's holding on for something, and she's not deleted and spammed my friend request yet, obviously if she does it know she's not interested but I'm sure she's dithering over what to do without expressing her true feelings?

She wants you to leave her be.
There is nothing wholly unusual about bleeding a little after sex, especially with a new partner/when you are young and don't have sex very often.
I think you both need to mature a little and go your separate ways...

Oh right i didn't know it was her first time like the post above said she could be bleeding from having sex for the first time but you said it was very heavy bleeding which is why it would be best for her to check everything is okay..I doubt she went cause like you said you would have to wait for the results and the doctor would have referred her to make sure.
I think you should leave the conversation now regarding results i think she finds talking about it very uncomfortable try talking about something lighthearted. Also her message does sound like she wants to part ways asking you to take care of yourself. Also if the message said seen she was probably already on chat at the time or wanted to hear whether you were okay with not being together.
She will care for you as it was your first time and some people will not block someone if they don't talk to them or if things went pear shaped. Just let her get back to you.
Also, doctors don't tend to investigate one off occurrences like bleeding after sex, because bodies are weird (especially sex organs), and it would simply cost a fortune to investigate every case of 'inconsistent womb'. So I wouldn't hound her about whether or not she is lying about the doctors.
Original post by ChancedTravels
She wants you to leave her be.
There is nothing wholly unusual about bleeding a little after sex, especially with a new partner/when you are young and don't have sex very often.
I think you both need to mature a little and go your separate ways...

Original post by ChancedTravels
Also, doctors don't tend to investigate one off occurrences like bleeding after sex, because bodies are weird (especially sex organs), and it would simply cost a fortune to investigate every case of 'inconsistent womb'. So I wouldn't hound her about whether or not she is lying about the doctors.

I agree with you on some respects, but I am not quite sure this wouldn't be investigated further, especially her reaction at the time of the unfortunate incident, considering she said it wasn't her period?? As I said to her, I'm not a doctor go get yourself checked over like I have.

If I wasn't her first time, then as you say first time in a long time, but what she says is curious as it could suggest that she's never had an encounter?

She was pretty inexperienced at some things, although I wouldn't tell her that.

Look I'm not going to message her unless the tides turn and she decides on friendship and the Facebook request, at the end of the day I've made a decision to move on and drop conversation about this and in effect put the ball firmly in her court.

I'd say I've got more chances of winning the lottery but if she does accept the request, she does talk again then it's probably best I respect her wishes of never mentioning this again.

It's unlucky because we both liked eachother, and probably still do. She's obviously too embarrassed and has nothing personal against me. Question is do people mature and accept what's happened because I'd love to see her again?

Original post by chikane
Oh right i didn't know it was her first time like the post above said she could be bleeding from having sex for the first time but you said it was very heavy bleeding which is why it would be best for her to check everything is okay..I doubt she went cause like you said you would have to wait for the results and the doctor would have referred her to make sure.
I think you should leave the conversation now regarding results i think she finds talking about it very uncomfortable try talking about something lighthearted. Also her message does sound like she wants to part ways asking you to take care of yourself. Also if the message said seen she was probably already on chat at the time or wanted to hear whether you were okay with not being together.
She will care for you as it was your first time and some people will not block someone if they don't talk to them or if things went pear shaped. Just let her get back to you.

I can't confirm that. But surely the things she's said would point to that? Waiting list for urinalysis in London is 5 working days at current, she would have been tested at the same facility as me as it's local to her. Unless she's had a physical inspection and they've told her she's fine there and then?

Again her doctor wouldn't be able to do this walk in inspection down there surely and run tests in house? I've looked on her uni page and he's a general practitioner.

She was also bugging me before that message for me to let her know what the hospital letter says.

I guess she probably feels bad about it now, especially considering in my response to her I said she was my first? Can you imagine if it was both our first times? How will this likely end?

I've only told 3 people she was my first. Two close friends and her. I've had encounters before but never done the deed, except her.

We last spoke at 1613, and I added her then. Request is still pending. My best friend added her two weeks ago and she deleted the request straight away. So it's a good sign so far, that she's thinking about what I said? Would you like to see my response to her above message?
I agree with you on some respects, but I am not quite sure this wouldn't be investigated further, especially her reaction at the time of the unfortunate incident, considering she said it wasn't her period?? As I said to her, I'm not a doctor go get yourself checked over like I have.

If I wasn't her first time, then as you say first time in a long time, but what she says is curious as it could suggest that she's never had an encounter?

Look I'm not going to message her unless the tides turn and she decides on friendship and the Facebook request, at the end of the day I've made a decision to move on and drop conversation about this and in effect put the ball firmly in her court.

I'd say I've got more chances of winning the lottery but if she does accept the request, she does talk again then it's probably best I respect her wishes of never mentioning this again.

It's unlucky because we both liked eachother, and probably still do. She's obviously too embarrassed and has nothing personal against me. Question is do people mature and accept what's happened because I'd love to see her again?

I can't confirm that. But surely the things she's said would point to that? Waiting list for urinalysis in London is 5 working days at current, she would have been tested at the same facility as me as it's local to her. Unless she's had a physical inspection and they've told her she's fine there and then?

Again her doctor wouldn't be able to do this walk in inspection down there surely and run tests in house? I've looked on her uni page and he's a general practitioner.

She was also bugging me before that message for me to let her know what the hospital letter says.

I guess she probably feels bad about it now, especially considering in my response to her I said she was my first? Can you imagine if it was both our first times? How will this likely end?

I've only told 3 people she was my first. Two close friends and her. I've had encounters before but never done the deed, except her.

We last spoke at 1613, and I added her then. Request is still pending. My best friend added her two weeks ago and she deleted the request straight away. So it's a good sign so far, that she's thinking about what I said? Would you like to see my response to her above message?

What did you write back? I would wait like you said balls in her court if she replies she replies.
Original post by chikane
What did you write back? I would wait like you said balls in her court if she replies she replies.

This is what I wrote, and it got no response. I added her on Facebook and it's not been rejected. So obviously she's got to think about what I've said and she probably is no doubt.

Now it's very important I give her space, and I think she's a lovely girl, maybe young and inexperienced like me but she's embarrassed by all of this clearly?

But she obviously cares about me back and this is the first time. I have to add if her roommates know, one of them saw me being very lovely with her after it happened?

"You're obviously a really sweet girl, and I am very lucky to have met you even for the shortest of moments.* I am very glad you are well (name), it just scared me a little bit because I was really worried about you.* That's all.

I came back all clear, you was my first time and drawing a line on all of this and moving on I am very sorry for everything.*

I know it's a huge ask, but is it possible we can be just friends? I'd love to get to know you better and start afresh?* I'd really like that =)

Obviously respecting your wishes of never mentioning this again."
This is what I wrote, and it got no response. I added her on Facebook and it's not been rejected. So obviously she's got to think about what I've said and she probably is no doubt.

Now it's very important I give her space, and I think she's a lovely girl, maybe young and inexperienced like me but she's embarrassed by all of this clearly?

But she obviously cares about me back and this is the first time. I have to add if her roommates know, one of them saw me being very lovely with her after it happened?

"You're obviously a really sweet girl, and I am very lucky to have met you even for the shortest of moments.* I am very glad you are well (name), it just scared me a little bit because I was really worried about you.* That's all.

I came back all clear, you was my first time and drawing a line on all of this and moving on I am very sorry for everything.*

I know it's a huge ask, but is it possible we can be just friends? I'd love to get to know you better and start afresh?* I'd really like that =)

Obviously respecting your wishes of never mentioning this again."

The thing with Facebook is i have friend requested a few and have not been rejected or accepted they have just left it pending which she might be doing? I have done the same as well. I don't see why she wouldn't add you.
Also your message is fine so all you can do is wait for a reply.

As someone with a vagina, and a womb, I'm pretty sure she would've had a chat and maybe a quick examination and been sent on her way unless it happens again. Female sex organs are unpredictable at the best of times. The fact that you are looking up her doctor is kind of weird. You should really just stop obsessing over it and leave her be, now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending