The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rocketluke1
Yeah, or get your school/college to contact them for you

You will likely only end up speaking to the admissions office and not the tutor or admissions adviser who will deal with your application, so you needn't worry about calling with a query.

I have called RGU 4 times with various application queries before, during and after applying. I have spoken to a different person every time and have not received any negativity for asking for help/information.

The worst that will happen is you don't get accepted, which is not the end of the world as you can improve and try again, and that won't be affected by a telephone call to the admissions office.

Best of luck.
Lol got a rejection from ucl...
:dontknow:
Original post by Raimonds

Aw man sorry to hear that. :frown: did you get it today?
Original post by thuphammm
heyyy have you heard anything from brighton yet?

hey yeah I received a portfolio request which I sent off yesterday. I didn't receive an email to my Hotmail about this but rather I received a message on my Brighton Student Central account. If you have not heard anything, I would recommend checking on that!
Has anyone heard from Bath yet?
Original post by molliemacdonald1
K100 architecture. I think it must be massively to do with your personal statement and the drawing task as my predicted grades are no where near as good as some of the competition. I just think if you show dedication and a lot of effort they favour that! Have you completed the task?

i dont have a task but they still asked for my portfolio as it's k102 i think
UCL received my task on January 5th or so, after that nothing heard from them is that normal? does that mean anything?
Original post by nairline
Aw man sorry to hear that. :frown: did you get it today?

Yeah. Not even an email, just a change in UCAS track
looks really really good. also, I love your drawing of the church of light! Tadao Ando is my favourite architect also.. I want to visit his contemporary art museum in Naoshima so bad! how many sheets did you take as part of your physical portfolio to ucl? did you do it on a1? did you take a lot of sketchbooks (academic and personal)? how long did the interview last? sorry about all the questions!!! haha

this is my online one for brighton; www.sabrahislam.carbonmade.com

:smile:

thanks:smile: i really want to go to japan to see some of his work as well haha
and your works are really cool!

i took about 10~20 sheets, each sheet has one or more images. it was an A1 portfolio.
my sketchbooks, academic and personal, were in a suitcase and the suitcase was removed by someone while i was on the train to london...someone might has mistaken it i guess. it happened just before my interview so i have to attend the interview without any sketchbooks, which was pretty awkard.
it took about 15~20 minutes i think, they tried to look through all of my works so it felt pretty quick
Reply 709

sorry to hear:/ was that after an interview or after the task?
Original post by cowie
sorry to hear:/ was that after an interview or after the task?

Task. I think it's because i tried something different for one of the drawing so it didnt fit in with the set. They're very picky about what they want...
Task. I think it's because i tried something different for one of the drawing so it didnt fit in with the set. They're very picky about what they want...

Where else have you applied? That sucks man... How did you do it may I ask?

im really sorry for that but what's your predicted grades?
Original post by CR2016
Manchester, Edinburgh, UAL, Sheffield and Liverpool.
Where have you applied?

Have you had an offer from UAL yet???
Where else have you applied? That sucks man... How did you do it may I ask?

Kent, Cardiff, Bath and Westminster
And i did them in graphite stick.
Original post by thuphammm
im really sorry for that but what's your predicted grades?

I got A* A B last year and predicted a distinction in Art Foundation this year.
Reply 716
Original post by RubyPRoberts
Have you had an offer from UAL yet???

I have an interview there end of Feb. I found that out in December
Original post by CR2016
I have an interview there end of Feb. I found that out in December

I have mine on the 23rd of Feb!!!
Reply 718
Original post by RubyPRoberts
I have mine on the 23rd of Feb!!!

Ah I am the day before! For a portfolio review
Did anyone get rejected from Liverpool or Edinburgh