The Student Room Group

Options for a conversation-based-date

So, been on a date with this girl and she seems quite interested in getting to understand me better, because, naturally, I am quite an interesting person. She literally seems genuinely interested in sitting down and having deep conversation with me rather than just going bowling/to a bar/for food etc. But... I'm just wondering, what dating options are there that best facilitate this sort of chatter?

I find it very awkward to have it when I'm at a restaurant and obviously you can't at a bar; it just isn't appropriate and people over-hear you :L

And such conversation isn't going to be very easy to have when we're actively doing something else. Is the best option just going for a walk in familiar areas that are fairly quiet? See, I was saving the lunch meal at a fancy bar + a walk through the amazing park near where I live for valentines...

Don't really wanna do two walking meet-ups in two weeks tbh. Not this early on. She might mistake me for a hiker or some ****.

Anyone got any ideas?
I wouldn't mind a picnic somewhere. I'm happy just going for a walk too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
I wouldn't mind a pinic somewhere. I'm happy just going for a walk too.

*picnic

(sry :teehee:)
Original post by Kyx
*picnic

(sry :teehee:)

:tongue: (can spell; can't type!)
Reply 4
:tongue: (can spell; can't type!)

:tongue:

:lol: at least you edited it :wink:. some people don't...
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Bars are great for facilitating conversation, and I doubt anyone will be trying to listen intently.

Failing that, go for a walk. I've found it's always good for stimulating conversation.
Reply 6
Original post by Martinnathalie9
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Bars are great for facilitating conversation, and I doubt anyone will be trying to listen intently.

Failing that, go for a walk. I've found it's always good for stimulating conversation.

Lol I doubt they will too but still, I can't help but not find it very romantic to say the least... And I know romance is hardly the point when it's only a second date, but, in addition to that I also have a strong tendency to avoid bars as it is, I mean, I don't drink alcohol for one.

I wouldn't mind a picnic somewhere. I'm happy just going for a walk too.

A picnic. Hmm. Bah, if I had a car that would be a lot easier. We both like our food lmao. We'd need a ****ing jeep to bring enough food for our picnics xD Picnic at the park sounds awesome, but, given that I would have to get the bus to the park (I wish I didn't, but I have to lol), what am I going to do? Carry a little picnic basket with me? Carry a cooler box with me? Yeah...

I'll definitely note it for the future though.
Walks are the best if you want to talk :ahee:
Original post by Martinnathalie9

Am I the only one who literally can't hear a thing people are saying at bars? Like the amount of times I've made eye contact and started chatting to girls only to realise I can't hear a thing they're saying is ridiculous. I almost always have to ask them if they want to go out to smoke to actually be able to talk to them.
Original post by TorpidPhil
So, been on a date with this girl and she seems quite interested in getting to understand me better, because, naturally, I am quite an interesting person. She literally seems genuinely interested in sitting down and having deep conversation with me rather than just going bowling/to a bar/for food etc. But... I'm just wondering, what dating options are there that best facilitate this sort of chatter?

I find it very awkward to have it when I'm at a restaurant and obviously you can't at a bar; it just isn't appropriate and people over-hear you :L

And such conversation isn't going to be very easy to have when we're actively doing something else. Is the best option just going for a walk in familiar areas that are fairly quiet? See, I was saving the lunch meal at a fancy bar + a walk through the amazing park near where I live for valentines...

Don't really wanna do two walking meet-ups in two weeks tbh. Not this early on. She might mistake me for a hiker or some ****.

Anyone got any ideas?

Original post by Biryani007
Walks are the best if you want to talk :ahee:

can second this.

plenty of canals in london...can take their hand to help their "balance" too
Original post by Foo.mp3
Scenic walk and/or rowing, ideally in a somewhat tranquil setting

Exhibition of some kind, again ideally somewhat low-key

Meeting for coffee/lunch someplace reasonably quiet (could be at home)

Perfect date ideas :u:
Keep it simple. A quiet coffee shop/dessert place would be good :smile:
Hey Ryan :hi:
Long time no chat :smile:

Like the above poster said just keep it simple :smile: Maybe lunch somewhere nice but not too fancy?
Original post by StrawbAri
Hey Ryan :hi:
Long time no chat :smile:

Like the above poster said just keep it simple :smile: Maybe lunch somewhere nice but not too fancy?

Hey Strawbs.

*huffs and puffs about you saying my name*

Good to see you're still kicking it about the place. And equal to me in gems now. Shiny.

Erm, yeah, I mean the lunch thing is cool and all but... I don't wanna be eating stuff everytime I go out with this girl lol. That would be 3 dates that involve eating fairly centrally in a row. And ****, she's pretty big, I eat more than my size would suggest because muscle metabolism, but... Boring much?

I think we are just gonna go to some art gallery and talk. Because she's really into art anyway. Hopefully it won't just turn into an event of me following her about bewildered and getting lectured on everything lol. But the art should merely be a distraction; not the primary focus. Anyway, yeah, its settled. I'm just hyped for valentines for the first time in my life.

Quick Reply

Latest