The Student Room Group

first week of 2nd semester. how many lecture did you skip?

i skipped 6/12 lol my life is doomed
anyone worse than me?

Scroll to see replies

Two. The first as I'd missed the bus by confusing what time it'd come, the second by missing up my sleeping pattern and not being able to get up. :emo:

There's always next week and the rest of the semester to pull it back!
none yet. Even the ones I don't need to go to / know the content already don't want to get myself in the habit.

For the first Semester I skipped half of my lectures tho
Original post by Mentally

For the first Semester I skipped half of my lectures tho

haha i skipped like 3/4 lectures. i still have good grades from just go to seminar, read material at home, and do some real exercise instead of listening to parrot lecturers that would waste my time anyway
Second semester hasn't started for me yet
Reply 5
A lot, lost count
Never missed a lecture in my (coming up to) five years at uni except on a couple days when I was too ill to even get out of bed* and a few missed lectures due to interviews.

*I rarely get sick and when I do it's usually during a holiday.
Missed a few - partly due to some of them being totally obvious stuff which my 7 year old bro knows, and partly for house viewings.
Original post by super_kawaii
Second semester hasn't started for me yet

What? :confused:

Spoiler

Original post by Skill Twix
What? :confused:

Spoiler

I'm at Sheffield. January exam season only finished today and lectures start again this Monday
This is my fourth week back (exams were before Christmas) and I've missed one so far. It was all I had that day and it was about booking work experience... which I think I've got the hang of by now :tongue:
0 :u:
none yet and dont plan on missing any :bigsmile:

@Dima-Blackburn :colone:
I can skip a maximum of 2 per module because of the attendance policy.

I think I skipped about 3 or 4 lectures last semester because of various uni arrangements...
I skipped 0 this week!

However I have already worked out that I'll be skipping around 2 lectures every week due to either having a massive break before hand, or nothing else on that day. At least my friends promise they'll give me the notes... :redface:
Original post by Roving Fish
I can skip a maximum of 2 per module because of the attendance policy.

I think I skipped about 3 or 4 lectures last semester because of various uni arrangements...

:redface: Our lectures themselves are never monitored... For seminars, people just report in ill, or get someone else to sign them in...

In all of my things I've missed, I only ever got reported 'absent' once!
Reply 16
0 :smile:
Original post by mobbsy91
:redface: Our lectures themselves are never monitored... For seminars, people just report in ill, or get someone else to sign them in...

In all of my things I've missed, I only ever got reported 'absent' once!

They have to submit attendance registers to admin at UW for all compulsory lectures. That said in my third year, I've only got one module with a compulsory lecture every Wednesday and then the others have been as and when they need to call a session.
How can you spend 9k a year and then skip lectures?
Sounds mad to me
Original post by BlackSweetness
How can you spend 9k a year and then skip lectures?
Sounds mad to me

Because walking to university (40 mins each way for me) isn't particularly an efficient use of my time for a one hour lecture that becomes available as an audio/video recording 5 minutes after the lecture finishes. Which is why I missed one of my 16 hours of contact time this week.

Quick Reply

Latest