The Student Room Group

I confessed to a guy I've liked for 5 years! Read the mail.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imperion
I can't be the only one in tears coz' of this.

Tears of laughter or cringing? Because either way, I've provided your evening entertainment. Who needs Graham Norton when you have me?

I don't blame you, I'm just glad it's over.

Also, if you think I'm being crazy about not crying over my bad judgement, just know, I am embarrassed, I'm just trying to be mature, and have a good laugh over it.
Original post by SeanFM
Not sure about the burning in hell bit.

This. Other than that, fire away….! :s-smilie:
Original post by fandom-queen
Tears of laughter or cringing? Because either way, I've provided your evening entertainment. Who needs Graham Norton when you have me?

I don't blame you, I'm just glad it's over.

Also, if you think I'm being crazy about not crying over my bad judgement, just know, I am embarrassed, I'm just trying to be mature, and have a good laugh over it.

Laughter :redface: And uh... cool story bro.

Spoiler

Original post by iEthan
This. Other than that, fire away….! :s-smilie:

Yes well, it's true. If he laughs at me after five years of me crushing on him and finally being courageous enough to do it, well then, he SHOULD just burn, cause that is just PLAIN MEAN.

And you don't understand, where i live, THE GIRL NEVER CONFESSES. it's usually the guy, it's quite misogynistic in that sense. And in that sort of a society it took me A LOT of guts to just get out there and tell him.

So I'll copy and paste the email again. You tell me how bad it is, because I know it's bad, quite bad, but, if he's okay with it, then hey, I'm okay with it. He understood me.

The mail being spoke of:

I do believe I owe you an advanced apology at how awkward and weird (AND INCREDIBLY DEFENSIVE) this email might be, but bear with me here, this is just something I HAVE to do.

Now, you may or may not know this, but I kinda…..did……like you….PAST TENSE, THAT'S IN PAST TENSE.

Now, IN MY DEFENSE, I didn’t want to, but I did. And I hate myself for it. And you’d BETTER appreciate how much courage and ability to embarrass myself in front of other people it takes to do this. It took me MONTHS of deliberating and asking myself are you REALLY ready to make a fool of yourself?”

Guess we know what the answer to THAT question was -_-

In all seriousness though, I’m not the kind of person who deals well with suspense or just living with ‘what-ifs’, thus, I take stupid decisions like this, and convince myself that SOMEDAY, in the very distant future, I can laugh about it, and would have a pretty cool anecdote about it. I needed to tell you this to clear my conscience and just GET.OVER.IT.

Okay, so I’m just putting this info out there, you can do WHATEVER THE HELL you want with it, hate me, burn voodoo dolls of me, I don’t care, but I had to do it, because, seriously, I’m someone who reads the last page of a book before starting it. I can’t NOT know.

If you never read this email, well, then, I hope YEARS later when you're cleaning your inbox, you read this and feel guilty about it.

If you ARE reading this and laughing at me, then, I take it all back, you can burn in hell, just…….just burn.

If you are reading this, and don’t know how to reply, thank goodness. Because even if you did, I’d be too busy BURYING myself to see it.

All in all, just KNOW, that I’m not expecting anything, this is just me trying to get over everything and just focusing on my work. Else, I’d probably keep wondering. And I’m already a big daydreamer as it is, so this would NOT help.

But I wholeheartedly wish you best of luck for the future (Since it's entrance coaching, you need it :-P ), and there are no hard feelings. In fact, I feel sort of relieved, as odd as that might sound.

So goodbye, good riddance, I AM SO DONE.

Best wishes and all that stuff.

P.S: If this, by any chance, spreads, you know you’re dead, right? Yeah, you’re dead.Ugh, way too much emotional overdose. I disgust myself.

*SIGH* I'm regretting this already. Temporary insanity, that's all it is. Good lord, this message is long......
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
I read as much of that as I expect most guys receiving it would; about 2 lines.

He won't find it again in several years and feel guilty about it because it will probably get deleted right away without a second thought.
Yes well, it's true. If he laughs at me after five years of me crushing on him and finally being courageous enough to do it, well then, he SHOULD just burn, cause that is just PLAIN MEAN.

And you don't understand, where i live, THE GIRL NEVER CONFESSES. it's usually the guy, it's quite misogynistic in that sense. And in that sort of a society it took me A LOT of guts to just get out there and tell him.

So I'll copy and paste the email again. You tell me how bad it is, because I know it's bad, quite bad, but, if he's okay with it, then hey, I'm okay with it. He understood me.

The mail being spoke of:

I do believe I owe you an advanced apology at how awkward and weird (AND INCREDIBLY DEFENSIVE) this email might be, but bear with me here, this is just something I HAVE to do.

Now, you may or may not know this, but I kinda…..did……like you….PAST TENSE, THAT'S IN PAST TENSE.

Now, IN MY DEFENSE, I didn’t want to, but I did. And I hate myself for it. And you’d BETTER appreciate how much courage and ability to embarrass myself in front of other people it takes to do this. It took me MONTHS of deliberating and asking myself are you REALLY ready to make a fool of yourself?”

Guess we know what the answer to THAT question was -_-

In all seriousness though, I’m not the kind of person who deals well with suspense or just living with ‘what-ifs’, thus, I take stupid decisions like this, and convince myself that SOMEDAY, in the very distant future, I can laugh about it, and would have a pretty cool anecdote about it. I needed to tell you this to clear my conscience and just GET.OVER.IT.

Okay, so I’m just putting this info out there, you can do WHATEVER THE HELL you want with it, hate me, burn voodoo dolls of me, I don’t care, but I had to do it, because, seriously, I’m someone who reads the last page of a book before starting it. I can’t NOT know.

If you never read this email, well, then, I hope YEARS later when you're cleaning your inbox, you read this and feel guilty about it.

If you ARE reading this and laughing at me, then, I take it all back, you can burn in hell, just…….just burn.

If you are reading this, and don’t know how to reply, thank goodness. Because even if you did, I’d be too busy BURYING myself to see it.

All in all, just KNOW, that I’m not expecting anything, this is just me trying to get over everything and just focusing on my work. Else, I’d probably keep wondering. And I’m already a big daydreamer as it is, so this would NOT help.

But I wholeheartedly wish you best of luck for the future (Since it's entrance coaching, you need it ), and there are no hard feelings. In fact, I feel sort of relieved, as odd as that might sound.

Best wishes and all that stuff.

P.S: If this, by any chance, spreads, you know you’re dead, right? Yeah, you’re dead.Ugh, way too much emotional overdose. I disgust myself.*SIGH* I'm regretting this already. Temporary insanity, that's all it is. Good lord, this message is long......

I'm so incredibly sorry, but this email is absolutely mad. It's just… mad.
What even is that? Far too long and if you hadn't said it was about you liking him I don't think I would've picked up on that from that email...
Original post by iEthan
I'm so incredibly sorry, but this email is absolutely mad. It's just… mad.

Original post by infairverona
What even is that? Far too long and if you hadn't said it was about you liking him I don't think I would've picked up on that from that email...

As you'll see in the earlier TEN THOUSAND posts I replied to, I agreed. Alright? I did. And anyways, it kind of doesn't matter anymore, I got a reply, so....yeah.
Well, then, I probably would've........ummm, I dunno, given him a toothy grin and genuinely told him I was happy.

But, I'm okay, I'll get over it.

I see.

Good day then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
I see.

Good day then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

G'day!
I sent an awkward email to someone once and it ended up him quoting me Gandhi :lolwut:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Indieboohoo1
I sent an awkward email to someone once and it ended up him quoting me Gandhi :lolwut:

Ahh-hah-hah-hah!!

Honestly, you've made my day, It feels nice to KNOW that there are other people who've made mistakes like me. Maybe not as bad, but we all have our moments.

What was the quote? I know just two, and both would prob not fit this context. :smile:
Yes, but he does have my sense of humour! And, I also did say that I have no hard feelings and I'm not expecting anything and wished him best of luck for the future.

It's just me ranting and saying that I feel like a diddly-eyed daydreamer, and I hate it, and then you can interpret it, laugh at it do whatever you want with it.

I just.......had a momentary lapse of judgement, that's what I'll call it.

Please tell me it's not that bad......

Also, thank you, you were nice about it, in the very least.

That's cool, no problem :smile:

Okay well if he gets your sense of humour then that's all good.

To be honest some people, can't handle news like that or they have no clue what to do with themselves when they do get it so even if he doesn't reply don't be offended :smile:

If anything at least you know it's out in the open and if he wants to do anything about it he has no excuse!

Some of the people I know are the most genuine and laid back people you'd ever meet but if you express any kind of feelings like that to them they just start flapping about and can't handle it..so again, just be cool, take it easy. If he replies, great. if not then it (unfortunately) wasn't meant to be..for whatever reason.

Whether he replies or not I think you'll feel a lot better now it's out there :smile:
Original post by MaseratiJay
That's cool, no problem :smile:

Okay well if he gets your sense of humour then that's all good.

To be honest some people, can't handle news like that or they have no clue what to do with themselves when they do get it so even if he doesn't reply don't be offended :smile:

If anything at least you know it's out in the open and if he wants to do anything about it he has no excuse!

Some of the people I know are the most genuine and laid back people you'd ever meet but if you express any kind of feelings like that to them they just start flapping about and can't handle it..so again, just be cool, take it easy. If he replies, great. if not then it (unfortunately) wasn't meant to be..for whatever reason.

Whether he replies or not I think you'll feel a lot better now it's out there :smile:

Well, he did reply! And he was super nice about it! He said that he doesn't feel the same way, but my email made him smile simply because it's was soo awkward (kinda like me actually).

I actually felt quite relieved when I sent that, and then I posted this question, and the feedback started making me freak out.

Thanks tho!
Reply 74
I just......I mustered up enough courage and confessed by email. I would've done it in person, but there was absolutely NO chance that I could've met him, as he just left school for uni recently.

I actually told him that I used to like him, and am now awaiting his reply. Thing is, he's not the type to be exceptionally emotional and he likes to have a laugh, so can someone read my email and tell me if it's okay? I don't want to stop being friends and be extremely awkward with him.

I'm really concerned he'll be mean about it, because, I'm not drop-dead gorgeous or anything, I feel like I'm beneath his league. I know it's irrational, but it's a nagging thought.

Here's the mail:I do believe I owe you an advanced apology at how awkward and weird (AND INCREDIBLY DEFENSIVE) this email might be, but bear with me here, this is just something I HAVE to do.
Guess we know what the answer to THAT question was

But I wholeheartedly wish you best of luck for the future (Since it's entrance coaching, you need it ), and there are no hard feelings. In fact, I feel sort of relieved, as odd as that might sound.

Best wishes and all that stuff,

(My name)

P.S: If this, by any chance, spreads, you know you’re dead, right? Yeah, you’re dead.
Ugh, way too much emotional overdose. I disgust myself.
*SIGH* I'm regretting this already. Temporary insanity, that's all it is. Good lord, this message is long......
X--END--X

omg darling you should have sent it to me too proof read it because.....I....it's so long winded and too much humour that makes it seem so awkward but I can tell you wrote it from the heart but I totally would have condensed it down for you and made the point in a fraction of a size...sorry I sound so rude but I want to be honest to you...
I don't understand why you put every third word in caps, it makes you sound a bit crazy tbh. Unless of course you just randomly shout words in sentences in real life too.
Original post by sadly
omg darling you should have sent it to me too proof read it because.....I....it's so long winded and too much humour that makes it seem so awkward but I can tell you wrote it from the heart but I totally would have condensed it down for you and made the point in a fraction of a size...sorry I sound so rude but I want to be honest to you...

Well, sadly (pun intended), there are lots of things I should've done. Unfortunately, yday I was in such a state, I just was like, if I don't do it NOW, i'll never do it (which would've been better tbh)

thank you so much for saying that tho. It is from the heart, and I KNOW I blabbered a lot, A LOT, but I guess, that's just who I am. I probably should've sent it to someone tho, but thing is, all my friends, who know both him and me, said that it sounded exactly like me, ranting about something and being all like NOPE NOPE NOPITY I DON'T I DO NOT HAVE ANY FEELINGS.............but I guess they were wrong....

Thank you for the offer tho, and you are one of the nicest people to tell me I'm crazy. Not rude at all, so yeah, dw.
Original post by WinterDucky
I don't understand why you put every third word in caps, it makes you sound a bit crazy tbh. Unless of course you just randomly shout words in sentences in real life too.

Okay, it is one word per sentence, not every third word. You're exaggerating......

Yes, I have a problem.....
[QUOTE=fandom-queen;62517251]Ahh-hah-hah-hah!!

Honestly, you've made my day, It feels nice to KNOW that there are other people who've made mistakes like me. Maybe not as bad, but we all have our moments.

What was the quote? I know just two, and both would prob not fit this context. :smile:

I can't remember now it was five years ago but it was something to do with being happy with yourself I think :smile:
I just read through this entire thread and ngl it's quite interesting. Also I know this has already been said already, but you really love the use of capitalised words. The problem is that it does give a me mental image of you literally shouting those words while I'm reading through lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending