The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by legalmind
I am also of the opinion that BPP is the practical choice, for me it is the best value not only because it is cost-friendly; I think what they are teaching is the necessary skills needed in the profession. I am almost convinced before however I am thinking of the reputation of BPP. I have read in some forum that the staff are not supportive and it would give prospective employers the notion that the student is not competitive enough to get into the traditional univs. But I have seen LLB graduate from BPP who managed to land a training contract with a US firm based in London.

It's very difficult deciding what the reputation of BPP actually is. Being a private university its exempt from all the league tables, and thus the statistics are hard to obtain. In regards to future employers I read an article a while back in which many London based law firms spoke out about the relationship they have with the BPP University, and one of the founders had studied there himself so I don't think it will be looked down upon at all, if anything it will open up more opportunities. Oh, and the lowered fee helps also! :biggrin:
Original post by Louise_17428
I got an email from Nottingham a month after they received my application that said "candidates who clearly meet or exceed our standard entry requirements and who score highly in the LNAT will be made an offer shortly after the initial analysis. Applications from candidates who clearly meet or exceed our standard entry requirements but who do not score so highly in the LNAT will be gathered and held. Those candidates who do not clearly meet our standard entry requirements and/or who do not score highly in the LNAT will not be made an offer." And so as a result I thought that I got a bad LNAT score, but I got 33 and I am predicted 43 for IB adn so I was wondering whether this is a generic email, did you get one like this?

I got this email, I recieved an offer for AAA about three weeks after the email with LNAT score of 27
Original post by CJaneH
I got this email, I recieved an offer for AAA about three weeks after the email with LNAT score of 27

Oh okay thank you, so its just Nottingham being strange as 27 is very high score. I got this email in December though and I am still waiting, it is the last University to hear from which is annoying
Original post by Will9898
Congratulations, which college have you applied for?

Thanks, and I applied for Josephine butler :smile:
Just received an Unconditional offer for Law with Business Studies at Birmingham! :biggrin:
Finally some news from somewhere after waiting soooooo long!

LNAT: 28
has anyone heard from KCL? still waiting ..
Just got an offer from Birmingham! :woo:
Reply 2207
Original post by Louise_17428
I got an email from Nottingham a month after they received my application that said "candidates who clearly meet or exceed our standard entry requirements and who score highly in the LNAT will be made an offer shortly after the initial analysis. Applications from candidates who clearly meet or exceed our standard entry requirements but who do not score so highly in the LNAT will be gathered and held. Those candidates who do not clearly meet our standard entry requirements and/or who do not score highly in the LNAT will not be made an offer." And so as a result I thought that I got a bad LNAT score, but I got 33 and I am predicted 43 for IB adn so I was wondering whether this is a generic email, did you get one like this?

yeaah I got the email, oh that's so strange?! I have no idea.. that's such a good LNAT score well done! what is 43 IB in A level terms?
Last year some applicants heard from KCL on the 17th of February.
Original post by lks97
yeaah I got the email, oh that's so strange?! I have no idea.. that's such a good LNAT score well done! what is 43 IB in A level terms?

43 in IB is roughly A* A* A A
just got offer from lse, anyone else?
Reply 2211
Original post by lawspain
has anyone heard from KCL? still waiting ..

nope, I'm still waiting as well... its becoming more and more painful
Original post by siri29
just got offer from lse, anyone else?

Well done! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please? Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
Well done! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please? Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

9a* 1 a, i applied to oxford (rejection) nottingham (offer) lse (offer) ucl (rejection) warwick (offer)
Original post by siri29
9a* 1 a, i applied to oxford (rejection) nottingham (offer) lse (offer) ucl (rejection) warwick (offer)

Oh right that's excellent! Was Oxford post-interview? Btw why did you not apply to Bristol :tongue: (instead of nottingham or warwick)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by siri29

If you don't mind me asking, how did you do in the LNAT?
Oh right that's excellent! Was Oxford post-interview? Btw why did you not apply to Bristol :tongue: (instead of nottingham or warwick)

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup post-interview, i liked notts because it has international opportunities and warwick for the year abroad, plus bristol is too close to home for me:colondollar:
Original post by Cholesta
If you don't mind me asking, how did you do in the LNAT?

i got 26
Original post by siri29
yup post-interview, i liked notts because it has international opportunities and warwick for the year abroad, plus bristol is too close to home for me:colondollar:

Ahh fair enough, sorry to dwell on it a bit but do you think you did much 'wrong' in the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh fair enough, sorry to dwell on it a bit but do you think you did much 'wrong' in the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no its fine! i thought my interview actually went fine so i'm not sure why i was rejected

Latest

Trending

Trending