The Student Room Group

HELP with multiple choice questions

Hi!
I am currently struggling very badly with the unit 3 multiple choice questions for Edexcel. I understand the concepts pretty well, however I keep getting the answer wrong, or if I do get it right, I don't get any marks for the explanation. I did a few questions from past paper, but I just dont understand how to structure the answers, and what to include, in fact most of the thing I write are not even in the mark scheme!
Can anyone help me?? How do you guys approach mcq? How do u know what to write? Do you have any tips on how I can improve?
Please do let me know! Thank you
Reply 1
With multiple choice you have really got to know your facts so you could use post it notes to familiarise yourself regularly about topics and ideas you struggle to remember. You may also want to construct flow diagrams which show how systems work as you could be tested on this in the exam and have to know what happens next after an event. Don't worry too much though, as you go over what you have learnt when revising it should all fall into place.
Original post by Coconut29
Hi!
I am currently struggling very badly with the unit 3 multiple choice questions for Edexcel. I understand the concepts pretty well, however I keep getting the answer wrong, or if I do get it right, I don't get any marks for the explanation. I did a few questions from past paper, but I just dont understand how to structure the answers, and what to include, in fact most of the thing I write are not even in the mark scheme!
Can anyone help me?? How do you guys approach mcq? How do u know what to write? Do you have any tips on how I can improve?
Please do let me know! Thank you

Every multiple choice question on 6EC03 rewards definitions, 2nd and 3rd marks are usually for explanation and application. You can also get marks for diagrams in some cases. Questions are repetitive and in most cases follow a pattern.

Quick Reply

Latest