The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer from Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got offers from Manchester and Leeds yesterday :smile:
Original post by siri29
i got 26

My son got 31 and was also rejected by UCL because of the LNAT. He also has offers from Nottingham, Bristol and Glasgow. Waiting for LSE. Third week of the 4 week email. Marginally misse his offer last year for LSE so this is a reapplication due to extenuating circumstances. Will you firm LSE even though the social side of it is poor?
Original post by siri29
just got offer from lse, anyone else?

I got rejected last thursday because of my persona statement :smile: But well done, they're so competitive!!
anyone know if i have a chance at KCL with 23 on the LNAT ?
predicted A*A*AA, solid PS
Original post by Louise_17428
I got rejected last thursday because of my persona statement :smile: But well done, they're so competitive!!

unlucky :frown: but how do you know it's because of the personal statement?
Original post by Satoshii
unlucky :frown: but how do you know it's because of the personal statement?

Oh i don't mind, I don't want to go to University in London, my first choice is (and always has been) Durham and I have an offer from them so Im happy :smile:
they told me in the rejection email that my personal statement wasn't convincing enough, which is fair enough because I didn't want to go there so its better that they gave the offer to someone who actually wanted it :smile:
Original post by Cholesta
My son got 31 and was also rejected by UCL because of the LNAT. He also has offers from Nottingham, Bristol and Glasgow. Waiting for LSE. Third week of the 4 week email. Marginally misse his offer last year for LSE so this is a reapplication due to extenuating circumstances. Will you firm LSE even though the social side of it is poor?

what do you mean by the social side? but yes i will
Original post by Louise_17428

thank you :smile: and that sucks but i hope you get your other choices!
Original post by siri29
thank you :smile: and that sucks but i hope you get your other choices!

Oh I don't mind because they weren't my first or second choice :smile: and thank you, i've had an offer from Durham (my first choice) and Exeter (my second) so I am just waiting to hear back from Nottingham :smile: I hope you get the rest of your offers too :smile:
Original post by CJaneH
I got this email, I recieved an offer for AAA about three weeks after the email with LNAT score of 27

Hi, congrats on the offer! Just wanted to ask what your predicted grades were? And AS and GCSEs if you don't mind :biggrin: only because I was predicted AAA and got an offer from Nottingham for A*AA
Original post by siri29
what do you mean by the social side? but yes i will

Well it's known for students not getting the student experience and my son was petrified he wouldn't get the halls he wanted. There are certain halls that aren't that social. My son liked the offer holders day and decided it was London and he would make his own entertainment. This year he is looking at all the universities and was impressed with Bristol and going to see Nottingham on the 17th. If he gets another offer from LSE he will have a difficult decision to make.
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Hi, congrats on the offer! Just wanted to ask what your predicted grades were? And AS and GCSEs if you don't mind :biggrin: only because I was predicted AAA and got an offer from Nottingham for A*AA

Hi :smile: thanks and congrats on your offer too! I got 5A*'s, 8A's and a C at GCSE, AABC at AS with A*A*A predictions
Original post by CJaneH
Hi :smile: thanks and congrats on your offer too! I got 5A*'s, 8A's and a C at GCSE, AABC at AS with A*A*A predictions

Well done that's really good! I think I will probably get a*ab in the end? Do you think they would be lenient on me if I were to get that?
Well done that's really good! I think I will probably get a*ab in the end? Do you think they would be lenient on me if I were to get that?

Thanks, I'm not sure, I would imagine that they'll be relatively lenient as otherwise they would give everyone the same offer. However I'm sure if you email the admissions department and ask if you have to get those exact grades or whether you can get an equivalent combination they'll be able to tell you :smile:

Law isn't 'lenient' - they don't need to be. They will have people with the right grades (and higher) queuing up for a place in Adjustment, so they don't need to be kind to anyone who misses their offer. Yes, sometimes your grades might be accepted - but you cannot rely on this. If you genuinely think you wont get the grades required don't have this as your Firm. If you do get amazing grades in August, then you can reapply next year with known grades - far, far safer.

No Uni will tell you at this stage that they will accept alternative grades - a) they will look like a softtouch who don't take their own offers seriously and b) they have no idea how many people will fulfil their offers come August., so no idea how many 'near misses' (if any) they might accept.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2236
Got an offer from Queen Mary and LSE :smile: Still waiting on KCL and UCL though :s-smilie:
Original post by tlaw97
Got an offer from Queen Mary and LSE :smile: Still waiting on KCL and UCL though :s-smilie:

Congrats on the offers, what are you gcse's and a levels?
Reply 2238
Are the majority of people still waiting on Nottingham and when do you reckon we'll hear from them?
It's the only place I'm waiting for now (offers from Durham, Newcastle and an unconditional from Northumbria)
I'm not sure I'll get an offer since I didn't do well in my LNAT
Ive got offers from Birmingham and Oxford for Law with Business, and Law with French but how well do I stand for an job? Im fluent in german and french..

Latest

Trending

Trending