The Student Room Group

Psst: Road to AAA! (HOPEFULLY)

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, then practice some more.
Reply 2
Original post by zetamcfc
Good luck, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, then practice some more.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I discovered practice is the only way to excel in maths. I learned the hard way at GCSE and wrote notes without practicing.
Awesome, Maths and Further Maths are my two favourite subjects :tongue:

Good luck! :woo: :rave:
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Awesome, Maths and Further Maths are my two favourite subjects :tongue:

Good luck! :woo: :rave:

Thanks dude!
Reply 5
Goals for Today: (06/02/2016)

Start the C1 Algebra Solomon Worksheets, and get to Worksheet C.

Finish the FP1 chapter on Matrices

Do some coding on Python

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
06/02/2016 (Accomplishments):

Completed four Solomon worksheets and managed to get to worksheet C. Took me a while though...

I also sat the Edexcel C1 June 2008 past paper and got 75/75. Pretty impressed, as I've been doing maths all day and couldn't be bothered to check for careless mistakes. :tongue:

Going to try to complete the Matrices chapter then head to bed :biggrin:
Reply 7
Was about 5am last night and was too tired to finish the Matrices chapter.

Goals For Today: (07/02/2016)

Finish the matrices chapter

Finish the series chapter

Do some programming on Python

Reply 8
08/02/2016

Not the best day tbh. I got lazy and didn't go to school. However, on the plus side, I've pretty much finished FP1. Just need to master Matrix transformations.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Back from school and I'm pumped! :colone:

09/02/2016 (Goals):

Complete all the questions in the remaining exercises for series ( 5D, 5E & 5F)

Get through two exercises on trig (C2)

Do some programming

Reply 10
Hope you all haven't forgotten about me :colonhash:

It's finally half term, in this week, I hope to finish C2, FP1 & S1.

13/02/2016 (Goals):

Finish all textbook questions for proof by induction

Complete the remaining textbook exercises for Trig {C2}

Sit the January 2005 Edexcel C1 paper.

Write out notes for 2 topics from Computer Science theory

Do some PROGRAMMINGGGG

Gonna be a long night
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Did the C1 paper, scored 73/75. Suffered from a silly inequality question :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Kinda disappointed. I skipped all the exams from 2006 upwards because they're not the best resemblance of the current standards. So, I sat the 2015 C1 paper. Got 72/75. Need to be getting better UMS than that if I want to have a go at top Universities.

I'm hoping to finish C2 & FP1 this week too, so I can start grinding through papers.
Reply 13
Original post by Psst.
Kinda disappointed. I skipped all the exams from 2006 upwards because they're not the best resemblance of the current standards. So, I sat the 2015 C1 paper. Got 72/75. Need to be getting better UMS than that if I want to have a go at top Universities.

I'm hoping to finish C2 & FP1 this week too, so I can start grinding through papers.

That's great! :tongue: If you do end up doing all the past papers, don't be afraid to try out other exam boards (especially AQA, as they have quite nice coordinate geometry questions)
Reply 14
Been extremely lazy got so much to do today because of this laziness. But... I WILL DO IT.

Goals: 16/02/2016

[X] Complete all the remaining exercises for Trig. {C2} (3 hours)
Complete exercises for Proof by Induction {FP1} (3 hours)
[X] Complete the first 2 chapters of {S1} (2 hours)
Do the review exercise & finish exercises for Radians. {C2} (5 hours)
Finish off the exercise for Matrices {FP1} (2 hours)

I've approximated the amount of time, I'll need to spend on each to complete it. Hopefully this works out!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
I sat the Edexcel Core 1 2014 maths exam and achieved 73/75. Still yet to get below 70, so that is good, I guess.

However, 74 might have been 100 UMS. Does anyone know how to convert marks into UMS please?

+ Still got a lot to do tonight o.o
Original post by Psst.
I sat the Edexcel Core 1 2014 maths exam and achieved 73/75. Still yet to get below 70, so that is good, I guess.

However, 74 might have been 100 UMS. Does anyone know how to convert marks into UMS please?

+ Still got a lot to do tonight o.o

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/converting-marks-points-and-grades.html#tab-EdexcelUMSmarkconverter
73 was 96, 74 was 98 and 75 was 100
Original post by Psst.

72/75 was 95UMS! Unless you're expecting to get below 85 in your other two modules, I wouldn't be too worried just yet.
Reply 18
Original post by jamestg
72/75 was 95UMS! Unless you're expecting to get below 85 in your other two modules, I wouldn't be too worried just yet.

Good point! Thanks pal
Good luck! Looks like you're doing brilliantly so far!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending