The Student Room Group

Is starting revision now to late to get A grades ?

So I take maths biology and chemistry

I got Bs at AS and the first half of my A2 hasn't gone great studying wise I have been depressed which had left me unmotivated and not wanting to study at all

I feel better and much more motivated now but I'm behind on a lot of work for example I hadn't made notes for Chem unit four and maths I could've practiced more

Mocks didn't go great because mum was in hospital and I didn't revise anything

Can I redeem myself now for the real things in June ?

I have four months is it to late?

I'm basically planning on doing full on revision from now I want to know if there's a chance I can smash them. Does anyone have any tips ? Especially for Chem unit four I am struggling at that also what's the best revising tip for maths? I need ABB for uni but wouldn't mind all As obviously

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ohhelloloser
So I take maths biology and chemistry

I got Bs at AS and the first half of my A2 hasn't gone great studying wise I have been depressed which had left me unmotivated and not wanting to study at all

I feel better and much more motivated now but I'm behind on a lot of work for example I hadn't made notes for Chem unit four and maths I could've practiced more

Mocks didn't go great because mum was in hospital and I didn't revise anything

Can I redeem myself now for the real things in June ?

I have four months is it to late?

I'm basically planning on doing full on revision from now I want to know if there's a chance I can smash them. Does anyone have any tips ? Especially for Chem unit four I am struggling at that also what's the best revising tip for maths? I need ABB for uni but wouldn't mind all As obviously

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes?? I'm going to start revision in the Easter holiday (in 7 weeks), as, I can imagine, are most students

Just focus on getting your Biology and Chemistry notes done, and keep practicing Maths I guess. I don't do Maths so I don't know how you work for that. Make sure when you're writing Science notes that you use the specification and mark schemes as well as the textbook, so that your notes are concise and only contain exactly what is necessary.

7 weeks isn't exactly long to get your notes done for Unit 4 and Unit 5, but you could be doing Unit 5 notes after lessons and Unit 4 in your spare time if you want to work it out like that.
Reply 2
Original post by rileystringer1
Yes?? I'm going to start revision in the Easter holiday (in 7 weeks), as, I can imagine, are most students

Just focus on getting your Biology and Chemistry notes done, and keep practicing Maths I guess. I don't do Maths so I don't know how you work for that. Make sure when you're writing Science notes that you use the specification and mark schemes as well as the textbook, so that your notes are concise and only contain exactly what is necessary.

7 weeks isn't exactly long to get your notes done for Unit 4 and Unit 5, but you could be doing Unit 5 notes after lessons and Unit 4 in your spare time if you want to work it out like that.

That's kind of disheartened me that you've said its to late but obviously I'm planning on revising seven hours outside of school on weekdays and basically spend most of my weekend revising plus I'm resitting three AS exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by rileystringer1

I've got three four more chapters of biology unit five and four of biology unit four and for Chem I have notes on first three chapters but all the organic stuff I was lost because the teacher was extremely rubbish 🙃🙃😑😑but obviously not blaming him totally

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest