The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Anyone worried about the fact it is 1.5 hrs? Or is it just me.
Reply 1441
Original post by BluBird :)
Anyone worried about the fact it is 1.5 hrs? Or is it just me.

Yeah Im kinda confused about what they meant by that... They sent an email after with more detail on the interview with a link:

http://www.harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk/69/interviews

On this page it says the interview is only 15 minutes?
Original post by kennethdcharles
Anyone else doing a physics interview?

I'm doing physics too! I'm so worried about this interview :frown: Do you have any idea what you might talk about?
Got an interview for physics! (changed from maths)
On the 13th at 11
Anyone know what to expect?
I didn't revise at all for the exams nor did I put any effort into them. I just went in to see where my capabilities could potentially take me. Started the exam relaxed but once I opened the paper I just laughed it was so hard. Left the room knowing that I failed. Turns out I got a interview! I did a exam in Maths and History.
My interview is in History.
Original post by Undec
I didn't revise at all for the exams nor did I put any effort into them. I just went in to see where my capabilities could potentially take me. Started the exam relaxed but once I opened the paper I just laughed it was so hard. Left the room knowing that I failed. Turns out I got a interview! I did a exam in Maths and History.
My interview is in History.

I did the same exams as you. :smile: what are your choices?
Original post by queen_kay
I'm doing physics too! I'm so worried about this interview :frown: Do you have any idea what you might talk about?

I'm just gonna talk about why I love physics, and what fascinates me about it.
Original post by kennethdcharles
I'm just gonna talk about why I love physics, and what fascinates me about it.

I thought we had to talk about one specific topic?
Original post by goldenusername
I did the same exams as you. :smile: what are your choices?

History,
Maths,
Economics,
Politics
(might change politics to physics)
you?
Original post by queen_kay
I thought we had to talk about one specific topic?

You can, if you want.
Original post by nasm
Got an interview for physics! (changed from maths)
On the 13th at 11
Anyone know what to expect?

How did you change your subject? I sent an email but they didn't reply
Hi. Anyone have a geography interview at 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MindlessMinaji
Hi. Anyone have a geography interview at 9?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes me :smile:
Is Harris Westminster your first choice of sixth form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone, I was reading the 2014 forum and found the updated version. I took my exams in English Lit and History and I have an interview in English Lit.
Original post by amarocks88
How did you change your subject? I sent an email but they didn't reply

I just emailed them, maybe wait a while, it took them a couple days to reply to me.
Original post by Thedaniellamary
Hello everyone, I was reading the 2014 forum and found the updated version. I took my exams in English Lit and History and I have an interview in English Lit.

I'm doing mine in English Lit too what are you doing to prepare
I'm doing mine in English Lit too what are you doing to prepare

I'm reading one of their suggested books, written some notes on favourite poems, books and my passion for the subject. What about you? :smile:
Original post by Thedaniellamary
I'm reading one of their suggested books, written some notes on favourite poems, books and my passion for the subject. What about you? :smile:

I've read 3 of the books on the suggested reading list but I literally know nothing about poetry save for what I've done at school. Any recomendations for poetry?
I've read 3 of the books on the suggested reading list but I literally know nothing about poetry save for what I've done at school. Any recomendations for poetry?
Honestly depends if you prefer classic or more modern poets. Emily Dickinson for example or if you prefer more contemporary themes, you can find a poet who challenges or writes about themes on immigration etc
I've read Hamlet before but it's been some time now. Are you going to discuss it in the interview, like how will you arise the topic of the suggested reading you've done?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending