The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gbajaj1506
It definitely is man, I applied to King's but they rejected me lol. Switched out Barts for St George's in the end, don't know if it was a wise move 😂

You've got UCL and Imperial interviews (checked ahah 😂) so that's awesome anyways! Yeah that is a tricky one - hope it all works out for you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 801
Received my UCL rejection today - my fourth pre-interview rejection :'(
Reply 802
Original post by Rifdhy
Received my UCL rejection today - my fourth pre-interview rejection :'(

Honestly, I'm waiting on UCL too and I think they're probably going to send me a pre-interview rejection too. I'm so sorry you've received four, but don't give up hope and maybe reapply next year? Do you mind if I ask for your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 803
Original post by Amoey
Honestly, I'm waiting on UCL too and I think they're probably going to send me a pre-interview rejection too. I'm so sorry you've received four, but don't give up hope and maybe reapply next year? Do you mind if I ask for your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much. Had real hopes for UCL but I guess not.
GCSE's : 6A*, 2A, 3B
AS: AAAA (Maths, Bio, Chem and Physics)
A2 Predicted: AAA ( Maths, Bio, Chem) & A (EPQ)
BMAT: 3.7, 5.9, 3A
Wish you all the best with your application
Original post by Rifdhy

I'm so sorry to hear about this, heads up though, a 1 year delay is not a problem, medicine is long and we are bound to get delayed at some stage and maybe it you get very high alevels and bmat/ukcat you'll have 4 offers next year from the places you want.
wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 805
Original post by Rifdhy

Your stats are solid and maybe it was just your predictions, you wrote AAA and their requirements are A*AA? Did they give a reason? I'm on a gap year, last year got 3 pre interview rejections and failed one interview. I'm having the time of my life so keep positive and go get those A2 grades, tiger!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 806
Urgent question- AS results Chem(81%) Bio(89%) Maths(99.9%)Physics(95%) Bmat 5.7 7.4 3B GCSE 8A*s 3As, Predicted 2As in Bio and Chem, which got me pre-interview rejection, however, in my recent school mock, I got A*s in Bio, Maths and Chem, is it possible for UCL to reconsider if I get teachers to send letter regarding how wrong they once were, when predicting my grades?
Original post by Shuler
Urgent question- AS results Chem(81%) Bio(89%) Maths(99.9%)Physics(95%) Bmat 5.7 7.4 3B GCSE 8A*s 3As, Predicted 2As in Bio and Chem, which got me pre-interview rejection, however, in my recent school mock, I got A*s in Bio, Maths and Chem, is it possible for UCL to reconsider if I get teachers to send letter regarding how wrong they once were, when predicting my grades?

I'd email them, you're not gonna lose anything!
But they did say that decisions are final and that they don't allow people to change anything in their UCAS application after application, but of course I'm not 100% sure about this.

P.S. well done on your stats, they're impressive and how did they not predict you A* with 89% in Bio!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 808
Cheers, my teacher is stubborn ya see...
Original post by Wannabe a doctor
I'd email them, you're not gonna lose anything!
But they did say that decisions are final and that they don't allow people to change anything in their UCAS application after application, but of course I'm not 100% sure about this.

P.S. well done on your stats, they're impressive and how did they not predict you A* with 89% in Bio!!
Reply 809
Original post by Mehek1
Your stats are solid and maybe it was just your predictions, you wrote AAA and their requirements are A*AA? Did they give a reason? I'm on a gap year, last year got 3 pre interview rejections and failed one interview. I'm having the time of my life so keep positive and go get those A2 grades, tiger!

That was mentioned on UCAS track, however I don't think that's the sole reason. I emailed them asking them for more detailed feedback. But I guess I did well lasting this long my stats lol. And thanks, will try to prove my teachers and school wrong for those predicted grades.
Would love to reapply next year at UCL if I get the grades, possibly my best shot too, but I guess a gap year and then 6 year course is probably too long for me.
Applied to UCL ChemEng too, no reply for them yet.
How have your replies been this year?
Reply 810
Original post by Rifdhy
That was mentioned on UCAS track, however I don't think that's the sole reason. I emailed them asking them for more detailed feedback. But I guess I did well lasting this long my stats lol. And thanks, will try to prove my teachers and school wrong for those predicted grades.
Would love to reapply next year at UCL if I get the grades, possibly my best shot too, but I guess a gap year and then 6 year course is probably too long for me.
Applied to UCL ChemEng too, no reply for them yet.
How have your replies been this year?

Good luck for your back up! There's always UCAS Extra if things don't work out :smile:

Better, interviews from king's, Imperial and Southampton, offer from UCL for pharmacy. UCL are being mean and keeping me waiting and they're the last to hear from :frown:

If you decide to take a gap year and reapply with achieved grades, you'll get interviews for sure if you apply wisely!!
Reply 811
Can anyone whose already had their interviews please answer a few questions for me? Would be greatly appreciated.

Was there a desk between you and the interviewers?
What colour suit should I wear, I am thinking navy, would that stand out too much?
Are you meant to shake the interviewer's hands once again before you leave?
Thank you in advance, any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Do UCL send emails on weekends, or just weekdays?
Original post by aspiringmed2016
Do UCL send emails on weekends, or just weekdays?

think it's just weekdays mate, but not sure.
Original post by medprospects
You've got UCL and Imperial interviews (checked ahah 😂) so that's awesome anyways! Yeah that is a tricky one - hope it all works out for you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah things did pick up quite suddenly for me lmao, they both just kinda came out of nowhere 😂. Thanks man, I hope UCL and the others call you for interview!
Original post by azrafc
Can anyone whose already had their interviews please answer a few questions for me? Would be greatly appreciated.

Was there a desk between you and the interviewers?
What colour suit should I wear, I am thinking navy, would that stand out too much?
Are you meant to shake the interviewer's hands once again before you leave?
Thank you in advance, any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, they had five (I think) panels doing the interviewing, so I don't know if it will be exactly the same for everyone, but there was a table in between me and the interviewers, navy suit sounds fine (at mine one girl was in black jeans and a jumper, others in suits and dresses. Most of the boys seemed to be in suits and although I don't really remember the colours navy sounds innocuous enough). I kinda took my lead from the interviewers at the end, and as they made no move towards me when it was time to leave I didn't shake their hand. Another girl I spoke to said that she'd put her hand out and taken the lead in that sense so they then had to shake her hand. Tbh I can't see it being a deal breaker. Anyway, I hope this helps.
Reply 816
Original post by ForeverDay
Hi, they had five (I think) panels doing the interviewing, so I don't know if it will be exactly the same for everyone, but there was a table in between me and the interviewers, navy suit sounds fine (at mine one girl was in black jeans and a jumper, others in suits and dresses. Most of the boys seemed to be in suits and although I don't really remember the colours navy sounds innocuous enough). I kinda took my lead from the interviewers at the end, and as they made no move towards me when it was time to leave I didn't shake their hand. Another girl I spoke to said that she'd put her hand out and taken the lead in that sense so they then had to shake her hand. Tbh I can't see it being a deal breaker. Anyway, I hope this helps.

This sounds a bit weird but who did you look at when talking? Just the person asking you the question?
Original post by Azula
This sounds a bit weird but who did you look at when talking? Just the person asking you the question?

I think for the most part I just looked at the person who asked me that particular question, and occasionally glanced over and made eye contact with the other interviewers. I think just do what feels most natural.
Reply 818
Does any body know if it is purely interview performance that secures an offer from UCL after interview or do they also look at BMAT and academics aswell
Reply 819
Original post by ForeverDay

Hello, thank you for replying, did you get an offer in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending