The Student Room Group

How do do I deal with gay racist family members?

So my Uncle and his boyfriend are gay but the crap they say about blacks and middle easterners is just disgusting.

I don't understand how some people who are judged for a decision they've never made, can judge other people for a decision they've never made.

I dunno what to say to them, i have an idea for a line but i don't think i can say it here.

Scroll to see replies

Send your uncle over to me,I'll sort that bish out
you would think that the LGBT community would be reaching out to the BME community in solidarity of the oppressed ?
Well, there is pretty not much that you can do apart from cutting contact from them if it gets to you.
Original post by whirlp00l
"Faggot"

F-r-e-e c-h-e-a-p k-i-t-c-h-e-n r-e-s-a-l-e £95 Inc v-a-t
Reply 5
Original post by somemightsay888
F-r-e-e c-h-e-a-p k-i-t-c-h-e-n r-e-s-a-l-e £95 Inc v-a-t

power of attorney WHIRLPOOL
Reply 6
It's a fact of life that, no matter how persecuted one social group is or has been, they will attempt to persecute another.
Original post by queen-bee
Send your uncle over to me,I'll sort that bish out

whats your gender?
Reply 8
Original post by iamfurqan
whats your gender?

The red sign indicates female, plus I don't see any guy calling themselves queen bee.
Original post by Longshot700
The red sign indicates female, plus I don't see any guy calling themselves queen bee.

ok and you are male
Original post by iamfurqan
ok and you are male

Yes.
So my Uncle and his boyfriend are gay but the crap they say about blacks and middle easterners is just disgusting.

I don't understand how some people who are judged for a decision they've never made, can judge other people for a decision they've never made.

I dunno what to say to them, i have an idea for a line but i don't think i can say it here.

Makes perfect sense. The bullied bully.

A psychological thing I think, where the weakest link takes its first opportunity to bully the next weakest link, even if it means lining up with those who first bullied them.

That's our ****ed up society for you :proud:

EDIT: Just realized arkasia said it before me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
Makes perfect sense. The bullied bully.

A psychological thing I think, where the weakest link takes its first opportunity to bully the next weakest link, even if it means lining up with those who first bullied them.

That's our ****ed up society for you :proud:

EDIT: Just realized someone said it before me.

I wanna give you 10 reps.

All the people that mistreated me were always banging on about how they were bullied.
Reply 13

To be honest just say what you've have said right here. How can he oppress a group of people for something they can't control, when he himself is part of an oppressed group.
Reply 14
life
I wanna give you 10 reps.

All the people that mistreated me were always banging on about how they were bullied.

Yeah same, except the ones that did it to me never admitted they were bullied before, they were just glad to see someone else in their place.

Hypocrisy at its best mate.

This is a very lefty mindset predicated on the assumption that they feel oppressed for being homosexuals and therefore will feel sympathy for other oppressed groups.

May i suggest that since being homosexual is practically encouraged nowadays that they don't feel oppressed.

There's also a big distinction between people's sexual choices and accepting those that they do not consider 'one of us'.

I don't advocate their racism but at the same time, i don't consider Arabs 'one of us' either and may well vote to leave the EU because of Merkel's actions despite the fact that i support generally high immigration (but of those culturally similar to us).

Original post by the bear
you would think that the LGBT community would be reaching out to the BME community in solidarity of the oppressed ?

To be fair, the LGB community is not that much of a political thorn because the vast majority of these people are reasonable and sane.

It's the T and BME activists that are currently nuts.
Original post by Masoff
To be honest just say what you've have said right here. How can he oppress a group of people for something they can't control, when he himself is part of an oppressed group.

Homosexuals are far from oppressed in the UK.
Original post by Rakas21
... despite the fact that i support generally high immigration (but of those culturally similar to us).

Why would you "support" high immigration? The UK is not a country that needs high immigration. Far from it. Even places like Australia don't need it anymore. The UK never has.

Let your uncle and his partner be. It's their opinion and not everyone will like blacks and middle easterners. I will respect such men for being real and as long as they stay in their lane.

If i meet them and they show their madness to me, I'll sort them out. I'm black and I don't feel oppressed. If I have a chance to come to this world ten times, I'll come back blacker each time.

There will be racists, sexists, homophobes etc. Everyone can't be 100% liberal and tolerant.

Quick Reply

Latest