The Student Room Group

What are the subjects that I have to study for AEA maths?

Hi I just want to know what are the specific subjects(e.g differentiation etc.) that I must learn in order to do the AEA exam. I have looked at their past papers but do not know what to do, or how to complete them. Any help or a website would be much appreciated.
Have you seen this: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Advanced%20Extension%20Award/Mathematics/2013/Teaching%20and%20learning%20materials/136296_uk_quals_aea_9801_ri_spms_25978.PDF (read what is after the exam paper)

I think you're just meant to know a level maths to do it. It's like an extension of that.
Reply 2
Original post by crosssafley
Hi I just want to know what are the specific subjects(e.g differentiation etc.) that I must learn in order to do the AEA exam. I have looked at their past papers but do not know what to do, or how to complete them. Any help or a website would be much appreciated.

C1-C4
Reply 3
Original post by shamika
C1-C4

this might also be useful practice
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3873767
Reply 4

Agreed :smile:

I really like your "prove arctanx + arctany = pi" Qs but could edexcel really ask these type of Qs?
Reply 6
Original post by GeologyMaths
I really like your "prove arctanx + arctany = pi" Qs but could edexcel really ask these type of Qs?

they can
Original post by TeeEm
they can

Isnt it too hard for standard c3?
Reply 8
Isnt it too hard for standard c3?

this not a standard C3
Original post by TeeEm
this not a standard C3

So what module could edex could ask it for?
Reply 10
So what module could edex could ask it for?

AEA
Original post by TeeEm
AEA

Ok so would doing ur SPs be good if im just sitting c3&4?
Reply 12
Ok so would doing ur SPs be good if im just sitting c3&4?

I would not think so
Thanks all really appreciate the help:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest