The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HSMITH33
Out of all my interviews Southampton seems to want the most preparation. I'm worried about the maths and English tests :frown: when you went were the maths questions worded in proper sentences or was it just the sum on its own:/ Is there any tips you could give me about the English question. So nervous my interview is tomorrow 😬

Yeah it seemed like a lot of prep but don't let yourself get too hung up on it :smile: the maths was a bit of mix of questions- some were proper sentences and some were pretty much just the sum. The english test is not too bad- sort of question you would expect for a nursing interview- if you can bring in examples from the reading material or at least have a basic understanding of what the reading material is based around it's good! Southampton gives you an interview despite what you get in the tests so don't panic too much. I think it is just so they know that you have a basic understanding of maths and English that they can work with :smile: You will be fine I'm sure :biggrin: let us know how you get on and good luck tomorrow
Original post by HollyA95
Yeah it seemed like a lot of prep but don't let yourself get too hung up on it :smile: the maths was a bit of mix of questions- some were proper sentences and some were pretty much just the sum. The english test is not too bad- sort of question you would expect for a nursing interview- if you can bring in examples from the reading material or at least have a basic understanding of what the reading material is based around it's good! Southampton gives you an interview despite what you get in the tests so don't panic too much. I think it is just so they know that you have a basic understanding of maths and English that they can work with :smile: You will be fine I'm sure :biggrin: let us know how you get on and good luck tomorrow

Thank you so much for your help! Does that mean if they like you in the interview and you fail the maths you are allowed to re take it? Were you allowed copies of the documents during the English test, that would be helpful! So glad at least I can get the experience of the interview even if the tests don't go as I hope
Original post by HollyA95
Well done on making a decsion lol :biggrin: ah I remember the days that I could sleep at night haha hopefully once I make a decsion I will be able to as well! you feeling at all prepared for uni?

Haha seems like many moons ago :biggrin: I sure do hope so for your sake lol! Nope not really, will be starting in 2 months and have no idea what I need to do / sort out :shock: waiting for CCCU to send me details on what to do next but guessing that won't be until at least Monday now! Do you feel ready despite not having chose where you will be studying yet? :smile:
Original post by HSMITH33
Thank you so much for your help! Does that mean if they like you in the interview and you fail the maths you are allowed to re take it? Were you allowed copies of the documents during the English test, that would be helpful! So glad at least I can get the experience of the interview even if the tests don't go as I hope

I'm guessing so which takes a bit of the pressure off. No you aren't allowed the documents with you but I actually remembered more than I thought I would and others said the same. maybe just give yourself a litter refresher in the morning of the main points of the documents... It might help :smile: yeah exactly and it is actually quite laid back. The group task was pretty interesting just remember to speak up and the individual part was relaxed and didn't last very long! I know it sounds cliché but just relax and be yourself and you'll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by GKT
Hey JJW182015, just to let you know that I was unsuccessful with Kings as well. So I decided to send them an email which they responded to and said I failed on the Literacy by 1 mark! How annoying

Really! That's so bad, you most probably would have got in if it wasn't so competitive.
hopefully your other choices go well
Reply 2485
Original post by JJW182015
Really! That's so bad, you most probably would have got in if it wasn't so competitive.
hopefully your other choices go well

Am sorry to hear your unsuccessful. When have you done the test and were you applied adult mursing
Anyone got offers from keele and can tell me how long it took? Hate waiting :frown:
Original post by mharding1994
Anyone got offers from keele and can tell me how long it took? Hate waiting :frown:

Well I applied in December but they got back to me today with a rejection. Good Luck though hopefully you aren't waiting too long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MeganSiddown
Just got my acceptance letter from the University of York through the post for Mental Health Nursing today!! I'm absolutely over the moon and will be firming the offer straight away:h:

Congratulations! York is my first choice too. When was your interview and how was it? Have mine nnext month :s-smilie:
Original post by char28
Does anyone have an interview at Chester on 10th February at 9 am?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have one on the 10th! But its at 12. Have you applied for child or adult?
Original post by eilidhr99
Awful, I really didn't enjoy it. The questions you're asked and scenarios you're given are weird and they're pretty difficult to relate to nursing:/

Really? What type of questions do they ask?
Original post by imjustnotnormal
Congratulations! York is my first choice too. When was your interview and how was it? Have mine nnext month :s-smilie:

My interview was on the 30th Jan and I got my offer in the 3rd of this month😋 Don't be nervous!! Everyone is lovely there and the day is really well set up! You'll have your group discussion first then your individual interview then a tour around! The building was really nice and professional.
it's really relaxed and as long as you know why you want to be a nurse and can back your point up with evidence of your dedication to nursing you'll be fine!!! What branch are you applying for?☺️
Original post by crc0216
Well I applied in December but they got back to me today with a rejection. Good Luck though hopefully you aren't waiting too long

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have had my interview but it seems to be taking ages to hear back ekk. Sorry to hear good luck for the others you have applied for
Original post by ohill1
Really? What type of questions do they ask?

I am waiting to hear from dundee if i have got an interview or not
Original post by mharding1994
I am waiting to hear from dundee if i have got an interview or not

They're giving them out atm but only dates are in a week. Getting such a bad vibe from them :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an applicants day at highland campus in inverness on the 19th feb! Does anyone else have one that day or has already had one there?
Original post by Eilidhskye
Got an applicants day at highland campus in inverness on the 19th feb! Does anyone else have one that day or has already had one there?

Stirling Uni? I've not heard from them. .. well done though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
Stirling Uni? I've not heard from them. .. well done though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah stirling uni! Got my email last night, been so nervous waiting! Im sure you will hear soon 😃
Original post by Eilidhskye
Yeah stirling uni! Got my email last night, been so nervous waiting! Im sure you will hear soon 😃

What branch? And I've been waiting since October ahah. But thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my interview for Southampton today... now the waiting begins!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending