The Student Room Group

Which college has the best food?

Which is the best day-to-day and which has the best formal hall?
Worcester used to be one of the best, if not THE best. It's still pretty good but not quite as amazing as when I was there, "back in the day" :shakecane:
Reply 2
Just go to kebab kid opposite the odeon cinema.
Original post by futbol
Just go to kebab kid opposite the odeon cinema.

:hand:

Tiz all about Branos :pierre:
Day to day - LMH (Loads of it and its all buffet style, they have a massive salad and cake table)
Formal - St Catherines (Amazing courses and their catering staff are amazing, plus nice modern dining hall)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
So far I've enjoyed Magdelan the most, though my host said the food isn't usually so good. St Catz has consistently good food and cheap. Keble has the best atmosphere - biggest dining hall in Oxford and filled to capacity on a Sunday. Formals at the newer colleges like Kellogg and Wolfson are excellent, though rare.
Best regarded food: Merton, Trinity, Queen's, St Catz, Regent's Park
Original post by Attarkt
Which is the best day-to-day and which has the best formal hall?

Not sure why St. Anne's hasn't been mentioned yet, our food is amazing. Formal hall is only once a fortnight though.
Reply 8
Original post by Plagioclase
Not sure why St. Anne's hasn't been mentioned yet, our food is amazing. Formal hall is only once a fortnight though.

That probably answers the question then.
How is the regular food there?
Christ Church's guest dinners (closest to what many other colleges consider as formal hall) which occur twice a term serve really good food. Day-to-day food is average to good but cheap - some good days, some bad days. I personally didn't have many strong complaints about the food served in hall, but some friends were a bit more disgruntled, particularly vegetarians. But I couldn't say how we compare(d) to other colleges.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending