The Student Room Group

GCSE French Writing Assessment

Hello, I'm currently studying french GCSE and am in the process of preparing for my writing assesment. I've been told by my teacher to include more idioms in my work to achieve a higher grade but i am unable to find any.

Could anyone help me with some related to the topic of holidays or a disastrous holiday? Thankyou.
Garder la tête froide - means to keep one's cool. Perhaps you could say something along the lines of "I had to keep my cool when we walked into the hotel despite it's lack of facilities"

Coûter les yeux de latête - to cost an arm and a leg. Perhaps you could say: Despite costing an arm and a leg, the hotel lacked basic facilities.

être bouche bée - to be speechless. - I was speechless at the cost of the food.
Original post by Imog3n
Hello, I'm currently studying french GCSE and am in the process of preparing for my writing assesment. I've been told by my teacher to include more idioms in my work to achieve a higher grade but i am unable to find any.

Could anyone help me with some related to the topic of holidays or a disastrous holiday? Thankyou.

manger sur le pouce - to get a bite to eat. Perhaps, Thanks to the lack of facilities at the hotel, we grabbed a bite to eat at the local restaurant.
Original post by danielwinstanley
manger sur le pouce - to get a bite to eat. Perhaps, Thanks to the lack of facilities at the hotel, we grabbed a bite to eat at the local restaurant.

How would it be with Je..

Je manger sur le pouce?
Original post by TheYearNiner
How would it be with Je..

Je manger sur le pouce?

I think you'd just conjugate the verb: je mange
Original post by danielwinstanley
I think you'd just conjugate the verb: je mange

merci beacoup

Quick Reply

Latest