The Student Room Group

Islam and Arabia- rant #2

I've been inactive for a while y'all and now I come back I'm subjected to the most stupid replies on some threads relating to the Middle East. This is lesson number too for those of y'all too ignorant to understand.

Islam and Arabia are two separate things. Islam had originated in Arabia. It scriptures are written in Arabic. That doesn't mean however that every living person in the Middle East is a Muslim. My family are coptics for example and we also have Jews who speak the Arabic language and live in the Middle East in places such as Yemen for example. There are also other minority religion and peoples such as Maronites and Assyrians. Remember the Middle East is a place full of rich culture and history and ofcourse such an amazing language :wink:

I also wanted to touch on Arab names. Now you'll see people with names such as jamil,hana(like moi),noor,khaled,khalifa,bashar,zahra,Zain.Let's get this straight. Most of the names are just are names. They are names in the Arabic language with a meaning behind it. They are in no way associated with islam most of the time because not all Arabs are Muslims and yet have names like the ones listed above.

Most cultures are the same in every middle eastern country regardless of religion. We have customs,church or mosque services and most people are religious to some extent.
So I hope you've learnt to separate the two inshallah :h:

Have a good evening y'all and may God be with you all
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If they are too ignorant to understand then what was the point of explaining it to them? They still wont understand.
Reply 2
Original post by AntiBabylonista
Can you make that cool noise with your tongue

[video="youtube;hbxJAJbYdk4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbxJAJbYdk4[/video]

lol we make those noises during weddings and celebrations
Original post by queen-bee

I'm actually really good at it :smug: :smug: :smug:
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
If they are too ignorant to understand then what was the point of explaining it to them? They still wont understand.

I just wanna rustle their jimmies
I just wanna rustle their jimmies

You have failed at that.
Lol i dont think many people actually believe that all arabs are Muslims
Reply 7

lmaoooo it's the women who do that - usually during weddings/ parties :smile:
Sis, you don't have to feel like you need to explain everything.

vocaroo m8
Original post by teenhorrorstory

Come to France, you'd be surprised.
Reply 11
Original post by The Diplomat.
vocaroo m8

Lol no thanks. You can check some YouTube vids out. It's usually the mothers and older ladies that make those noises
If you're going to spend your time in the Chat / News / Society / Religion forums you should expect to read a lot of stupid things. This is a student website after all and kids are for the most part stupid. Get over it, it's easy enough to avoid if you want to.
Original post by z33
lmaoooo it's the women who do that - usually during weddings/ parties :smile:

So much more badass that stupid British traditions like 'for he's a jolly good fellow'

ululululululululululululululu :horse:

[video="youtube;hbxJAJbYdk4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbxJAJbYdk4[/video]

People in Turkey and some cultures in the Balkans make these noises also, during weddings etc. It's not just an Arab thing.
Reply 15
So much more badass that stupid British traditions like 'for he's a jolly good fellow'

ululululululululululululululu :horse:

Trust me man i do it at random times when the common room is quiet and everyone's like
"da*** is the fire alarm going off :confused:"
Original post by z33
Trust me man i do it at random times when the common room is quiet and everyone's like
"da*** is the fire alarm going off :confused:"

Probably gonna have like MI5 listening outside your front door :sly:
Jews in Yemen?

in 2013 it was estimated that "less than 90 Jews remain" in Yemen :lol:
Original post by teenhorrorstory

You overestimate people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest