The Student Room Group

How does it feel to be loved?

How does it feel to be loved and when someone loves you so much that they drive thousands of miles for you and walk massive distances for you and drop everything they're doing to be with you whenever you tell them to? How does it feel when someone spends thousands and thousands on you and they don't get repaid? How does it feel to be treated like a princess like this? I'm just really curious! Would love to hear your response. I've never felt that obviously so I'm just wondering. I've never had someone drive thousands of miles for me and spend thousands on me and spoil me and treat me like a princess. That must make someone feel so special! Like they're the best person in the world! Is it an incredible feeling? It must be!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cold 187um
Would love to hear your response.

Ironic choice of words.

But to address the question: I don't know. Nobody would drive thousands of miles for me. xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Not sure love like that exists...
Reply 3
Original post by Hydeman
Ironic choice of words.

But to address the question: I don't know. Nobody would drive thousands of miles for me. xD

Ahhh I know!! No one has ever driven thousands of miles for me or spent thousands and thousands on me, so I have no idea how it feels. It must be such an incredible feeling!!!! I'd feel extremely special if someone drove a dozen thousand miles all for me and just for me! I'd feel so special if someone would give me so much for their time and lived with me and spoiled me and did everything for me!
I'll let you know if it ever happens, k?
OP thats a question I've been wanting to know an answer for for a very long time.... :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by anonymousm3
Not sure love like that exists...

Aha but you would be wrong! Because I can assure you, love like that does in fact exist!! That's exactly the kind of love that I provide!! It exists :smile: that is true love.
Ahhh I know!! No one has ever driven thousands of miles for me or spent thousands and thousands on me, so I have no idea how it feels. It must be such an incredible feeling!!!! I'd feel extremely special if someone drove a dozen thousand miles all for me and just for me! I'd feel so special if someone would give me so much for their time and lived with me and spoiled me and did everything for me!

To be completely honest, it does seem like an unreasonable demand in most circumstances (e.g. anything that doesn't involve you slowly dying of a horrible disease). I can't believe I'm saying this, but there are greater forms of love than spending a lot of money on someone. I'd question the foundation of a relationship that was built on expensive gifts. :holmes:

Edit: Of course, that doesn't mean that spending money on each other is a bad thing necessarily. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ravioliyears
OP thats a question I've been wanting to know an answer for for a very long time.... :frown:

If someone drove thousands and thousands and thousands of miles for you, surely you'd feel extremely special and you'd feel like a princess and you'd know that they truly loved you? Right? Because someone wouldn't do so much for another person unless it was true love. It must feel incredible! I wish I could feel that one day.
If someone drove thousands and thousands and thousands of miles for you, surely you'd feel extremely special and you'd feel like a princess and you'd know that they truly loved you? Right? Because someone wouldn't do so much for another person unless it was true love. It must feel incredible! I wish I could feel that one day.

Yes of course - I would feel privelaged!! I know, I do to - and I'm sure that day is gonna come soon for the both of us!
Original post by Hydeman
To be completely honest, it does seem like an unreasonable demand in most circumstances (e.g. anything that doesn't involve you slowly dying of a horrible disease). I can't believe I'm saying this, but there are greater forms of love than spending a lot of money on someone. I'd question the foundation of a relationship that was built on expensive gifts. :holmes:

Edit: Of course, that doesn't mean that spending money on each other is a bad thing necessarily. :tongue:

But here, we're not talking about a demand. We're talking about something that the person wanted to do out of their own free will, it wasn't demanded or asked for. They wanted to do it because they loved the other person with all of their heart and they would go to extreme lengths to prove their love.

Okay yes, I agree with the second part. But what about the part where there is a person out there who is always prepared to drop what they are doing and spend hours on the road just to see you? It must feel incredible to know that there's a person out there who, even though they live far away, they'd be more than willing to do whatever they can just to spend time with you and see you. This must be true love! I hope to experience that one day and to find someone who would do that for me.
when you love the person back, then it feels rewarding and it can give you a sense of belonging, and this strength. when its unbalanced, it can be confusing, heartbreaking and exhausting in my opinion. the last flame I had almost brought me to the brink of insanity as it was just too much to handle.
I had a guy I met in New York willing to drive down to Toronto, so like 9 hrs. It scared me it's a bit much, desperation.
Reply 13
How does it feel to be loved and when someone loves you so much that they drive thousands of miles for you and walk massive distances for you and drop everything they're doing to be with you whenever you tell them to? How does it feel when someone spends thousands and thousands on you and they don't get repaid? How does it feel to be treated like a princess like this? I'm just really curious! Would love to hear your response. I've never felt that obviously so I'm just wondering. I've never had someone drive thousands of miles for me and spend thousands on me and spoil me and treat me like a princess. That must make someone feel so special! Like they're the best person in the world! Is it an incredible feeling? It must be!

The person doesn't drive thousands of miles for me or walk massive distances, but they do drop everything to be there for me when I need them. They don't spend thousands on me, but I don't want their money, the most I want out of them is their company and their love, which they give without stopping. They spoil me like no tomorrow, for example I was on my period and in bed, and they dropped everything just to go and get me bags full of food and just spent time with me until I felt better. They told me when I felt sad or lonely to just call at whatever time, and they will be there for me.

It's not in the amount of money they give, it's the time they spend and the dedication. I feel like the most loved person in the world, and I couldn't imagine anyone else apart from him to give this too me. In my eyes he's the best man I can ever dream of having, better than any person I ever dreamt I would end up with. In my eyes, he is literally quite perfect, I see no flaws. He never gets angry, he's always kind, considerate, compassionate, and really treats me like I'm special, which I'm far from.

It feels like heaven. But it's also terrifying because I'm so afraid that I'd lose him any second because he feels too good to be true. And everyday I think that this might be the day when it all collapses, just like with any other guy. But everyday he reminds me of how much he loves me, and how he's sticking with me through every thick and thin. It's honestly a blessing and I could cry just writing this, but I'm so glad I found him.
Original post by xobeauty
I had a guy I met in New York willing to drive down to Toronto, so like 9 hrs. It scared me it's a bit much, desperation.

Wouldn't the expression be 'drive up to Toronto?' :s-smilie:
Original post by Hydeman

PRSOM. Stupid TSR :shakecane:

I agree with what is quoted above. If someone was spending thousands of pounds on me or driving thousands of miles to see me and I *wasn't* dying, I'd be extremely suspicious as to their underlying motives, tbh :erm: :dontknow: :hmmm:

Don't get me wrong, though - I do believe in love. I just feel there are better/deeper/more profound ways of showing it than flashing cash around or jumping through endless hoops :h:
Original post by study101
The person doesn't drive thousands of miles for me or walk massive distances, but they do drop everything to be there for me when I need them. They don't spend thousands on me, but I don't want their money, the most I want out of them is their company and their love, which they give without stopping. They spoil me like no tomorrow, for example I was on my period and in bed, and they dropped everything just to go and get me bags full of food and just spent time with me until I felt better. They told me when I felt sad or lonely to just call at whatever time, and they will be there for me.

It's not in the amount of money they give, it's the time they spend and the dedication. I feel like the most loved person in the world, and I couldn't imagine anyone else apart from him to give this too me. In my eyes he's the best man I can ever dream of having, better than any person I ever dreamt I would end up with. In my eyes, he is literally quite perfect, I see no flaws. He never gets angry, he's always kind, considerate, compassionate, and really treats me like I'm special, which I'm far from.

It feels like heaven. But it's also terrifying because I'm so afraid that I'd lose him any second because he feels too good to be true. And everyday I think that this might be the day when it all collapses, just like with any other guy. But everyday he reminds me of how much he loves me, and how he's sticking with me through every thick and thin. It's honestly a blessing and I could cry just writing this, but I'm so glad I found him.

Wow, that is so amazing! Incredibly heart-warming and very lovely to read. Wow that's clearly true love!! Some people go through their entire lives without ever finding anything that even resembles love. But you've found true love! Must be so amazing, you're very lucky to have someone who does all that for you!! Wow that is incredible. You're very lucky to have found him! He's obviously extremely passionate about you, you two hold onto each other and never lose sight of what you have because that's very rare! It's extremely difficult to find that.

Thanks for sharing! That's exactly the sort of thing I wanted to know about. That was so nice to read!! Thanks for sharing with us! Enjoy the happiness that you two have created together :smile:
Being loved is secure and comfortable
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
PRSOM. Stupid TSR :shakecane:

I agree with what is quoted above. If someone was spending thousands of pounds on me or driving thousands of miles to see me and I *wasn't* dying, I'd be extremely suspicious as to their underlying motives, tbh :erm: :dontknow: :hmmm:

Don't get me wrong, though - I do believe in love. I just feel there are better/deeper/more profound ways of showing it than flashing cash around or jumping through endless hoops :h:

You'd be extremely suspicious? Hmmm I'm not sure why. I'd feel extremely happy and very special if someone was doing that for me because they wanted to see me and spend time with me!!
You'd be extremely suspicious? Hmmm I'm not sure why. I'd feel extremely happy and very special if someone was doing that for me because they wanted to see me and spend time with me!!

Let's just say past experiences of people dropping everything for me in the way you describe haven't ended well :nope:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending