The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tlaw97
Got an offer from Queen Mary and LSE :smile: Still waiting on KCL and UCL though :s-smilie:

Congrats! When did you apply?
Original post by L2311
Are the majority of people still waiting on Nottingham and when do you reckon we'll hear from them?
It's the only place I'm waiting for now (offers from Durham, Newcastle and an unconditional from Northumbria)
I'm not sure I'll get an offer since I didn't do well in my LNAT

My son's going to see the law dept on offer holders day on 17 th of this month. These run right through until April. When I rang them about dates a few weeks ago they hadn't given out the bulk of there offers. So please try not and worry. How did you do in the LNAT?
Reply 2242
Original post by Cholesta
My son's going to see the law dept on offer holders day on 17 th of this month. These run right through until April. When I rang them about dates a few weeks ago they hadn't given out the bulk of there offers. So please try not and worry. How did you do in the LNAT?

22, so below average and I've seen most people getting at least 27+
Original post by L2311
Are the majority of people still waiting on Nottingham and when do you reckon we'll hear from them?
It's the only place I'm waiting for now (offers from Durham, Newcastle and an unconditional from Northumbria)
I'm not sure I'll get an offer since I didn't do well in my LNAT

Im still waiting on Nottingham adn they too are my last one (ive had Durham, Exeter and an unconditional from Birmningham) and I got 33 in my LNAT so I wouldn't worry, I think they're keeping everyone waiting
Original post by L2311
22, so below average and I've seen most people getting at least 27+

It's difficult to tell but if you have a good set of GCSEs then that would surely balance it.
Reply 2245
It's difficult to tell but if you have a good set of GCSEs then that would surely balance it.

That's what I'm hoping, I got 6a* and 5a's and predicted a*aa and I feel like I have a quite a good ps so I can only hope
Original post by L2311
That's what I'm hoping, I got 6a* and 5a's and predicted a*aa and I feel like I have a quite a good ps so I can only hope

Do you remember that long winded email you got. It said students with excellent grades and outstanding LNAT will be selected first and then students with excellent grades and not so good LNAT.............You have a great chance with your grades. Is it the one that you would firm? My son's waiting for LSE. He's seen Bristol and thought it was amazing and seems to think he'll love Notts.
Just got an offer from LSE! Predicted 43 in the IB, and LNAT score was 27.
Reply 2248
Do you remember that long winded email you got. It said students with excellent grades and outstanding LNAT will be selected first and then students with excellent grades and not so good LNAT.............You have a great chance with your grades. Is it the one that you would firm? My son's waiting for LSE. He's seen Bristol and thought it was amazing and seems to think he'll love Notts.

Yes I did! I just hate waiting!
Yes it's my first choice! They're all amazing law schools I'm sure he'll do well where ever he ends up!
Original post by izzzler

Today?
Original post by izzzler

May I ask when you applied?
May I ask when you applied?

I applied on the 22nd of September, and got my offer late yesterday evening!
Reply 2252
Original post by legalmind
Congrats! When did you apply?

Thanks!:smile: And I applied on the 13th of October.
Reply 2253
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
Congrats on the offers, what are you gcse's and a levels?

Thank you :smile:
GCSE's: 6A* 8A
I do the IB so predicted 40/45 with 776 in Higher Level subjects
I got an offer from Durham this morning for Law with foundation, The offer includes the LNAT i was just wondering what type of score i will have to get in the LNAT as it is foundation? surely it can't be the same as Law without foundation? also i haven't sat the LNAT is it still okay to sit it?
Anyone with an offer from King's College here? I'm still waiting for my response :frown:
Original post by KRowland
I got an offer from Durham this morning for Law with foundation, The offer includes the LNAT i was just wondering what type of score i will have to get in the LNAT as it is foundation? surely it can't be the same as Law without foundation? also i haven't sat the LNAT is it still okay to sit it?

It probably is the same, it's not something you revise but something they view will show how suitable you are for the course - so make sure you score well :smile:
Original post by Satoshii
It probably is the same, it's not something you revise but something they view will show how suitable you are for the course - so make sure you score well :smile:

My offer says "Suitable" LNAT score which doesn't help me at all! I am stressing so bad because i really want to go to Durham!
My offer says "Suitable" LNAT score which doesn't help me at all! I am stressing so bad because i really want to go to Durham!

I wouldn't worry too much because from what Ive heard Durham use the LNAT as a last resort to compare two similar candidates, so I doubt they'll reject you outright because of it :smile: And I don't think many people have heard from Durham for law anyway - no news is good news!!

Aim for 20+ mate :smile: make sure you do the practise tests which are available on the website! Trust me they help out a lot, don't be worried at all; you can easily ace the LNAT test as long as you do the practise ones, thats a promise ^^

Latest

Trending

Trending