The Student Room Group

student finance

I am in my 2nd year of uni and am looking to quit in the next week or so as I'm not enjoying my course (mathematics with computer science) Im enjoying the maths side but i want to quit as I am hating the computer science and just want to do maths now. I will be speaking to my uni but if they allow me to go into level 1 with just maths on my own, will student finance still be able to give me a loan for the 3 years(maths course length) or after being at uni once they won't fund me again?
Student finance allows however many years of course length + 1 year.

You have already used up two years of your student finance so they will not fund you again from first year, only from 2nd year onwards.
Reply 2
Original post by anonymous_1995
I am in my 2nd year of uni and am looking to quit in the next week or so as I'm not enjoying my course (mathematics with computer science) Im enjoying the maths side but i want to quit as I am hating the computer science and just want to do maths now. I will be speaking to my uni but if they allow me to go into level 1 with just maths on my own, will student finance still be able to give me a loan for the 3 years(maths course length) or after being at uni once they won't fund me again?

Agree with Sophiesmall you have used 2 years already so you will have to fund the first year yourself then you can get a loan from 2nd year.
If I was you I would stick with it unless you can pay the first year.
Original post by SophieSmall
Student finance allows however many years of course length + 1 year.

You have already used up two years of your student finance so they will not fund you again from first year, only from 2nd year onwards.

My uni offers a placement year so if i chose that one and then don't find a job for the placement year would they be able to support me for Year 1?
Original post by anonymous_1995
My uni offers a placement year so if i chose that one and then don't find a job for the placement year would they be able to support me for Year 1?

No that's not how it works. I recommend you call up student finance,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending