The Student Room Group

Calling all Londoners

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Yes girl,you won't regret it

its defo gonna happen!
i love how its so busy, i love being in a busy place. always stuff to do or places to go, sooo many places to go even if u just fancy a walk and to get lost in the city
Reply 41
Original post by Diabolus
is this a serious question? :facepalm2:

Spending all your time in Kensington &Chelsea does not count as living in London honey.

I have health issues to battle with half the time so I'm rarely out and about as much as I used to be :frown:

Also Kensington and Chelsea is good enough for me. We have a lot going on and most of central London is if walking distance to me. Love going to Hyde park early morning :u:
(edited 8 years ago)

Spending all your time in Kensington &Chelsea does not count as living in London honey.

Of course it does.

Honestly, most of London is depressing af, aside from the super expensive areas. It's really nasty like a pressure cooker or a diseased zit.
Original post by shawtyb
im determined to move to london! <3

Nah don't!!!

As a fellow Londoner I'd advise you to move somewhere else.

London is too hectic though.
Reply 44

Spending all your time in Kensington & Chelsea does not count as living in London honey.

Kensington & Chelsea lol aint that where all the posh people live
Original post by yaa just dunno
Nah don't!!!

As a fellow Londoner I'd advise you to move somewhere else.

London is too hectic though.

my boyf is a londer too and he hated all the traffic
but i love how hectic it is
Reply 46
Original post by al_94
Kensington & Chelsea lol aint that where all the posh people live

I live in the borough :h: lots of French people and students about so it's always busy
The architecture
The rich history
The people from all sorts of walks of life
The sense that there is always something going on. It's like a kind of energy in the air
The music scene as well as the galleries and museums
That week in spring where it's suddenly deemed warm enough for women to start showing skin again
The contrast of rich and poor all trying to make their way in the world
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
The architecture
The rich history
The people from all sorts of walks of life
The sense that there is always something going on. It's like a kind of energy in the air
The music scene as well as the galleries and museums
That week in spring where it's suddenly deemed warm enough for women to start showing skin again
The contrast of rich and poor all trying to make their way in the world

That is something always shocks me.

How close blocks of run down council flats and the slums in Tower Hamlets are to the financial centre where the building blocks much be literally worth hundreds of millions of pounds or at tube stations where huge glossy advertisements are sitting below disgusting, decrepit buildings.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 49
South Ken,before we moved we still lived in the same borough
Reply 50
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
I am saying positive things.

There is hope. Nigel Farage is alive and well. Vote UKIP.

Kl story bro! 👍
I have health issues to battle with half the time so I'm rarely out and about as much as I used to be :frown:

Also Kensington and Chelsea is good enough for me. We have a lot going on and most of central London is if walking distance to me. Love going to Hyde park early morning :u:

Not everyone can afford to live in affluent areas like Chelsea or South Kensington.

Most people live in rusty grime areas or Council blocks. London is a concrete jungle, brimmed with polluted toxic air I'd rather live somewhere less stressful and more clean fresh air.

You are making London seem like it's Disney, when it's the total opposite.
(edited 8 years ago)
The supercars.
South Ken,before we moved we still lived in the same borough

ruislip is a nice little area but then again iv only ever visisted
Not everyone can afford to live in affluent areas like Chelsea or South Kensington.

Most people live in rusty grime areas or Council blocks. London is a concrete jungle, brimmed with toxic air I'd rather live somewhere less stressful and more fresh air.

You're right man.

London is hell unless you're very wealthy, but if you are very wealthy, why live in London when you could live somewhere else.

i really can't figure it out.

EDIT: Been to Birmingham a few times and if you go to the really nice parts, it's truly pleasant. There are huge detached properties with big gardens in the city centre, where you have trees shading the fronts of their houses and garages for your car. It's still really close to happening areas, you could easily go out and meet people of different cultures and have fun, but the neighbourhood is still safe and friendly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 55

Most people live in rusty grime areas or Council blocks. London is a concrete jungle, brimmed with polluted toxic air I'd rather live somewhere less stressful and more clean fresh air.

Everyone is different and it doesn't appeal to everyone
Reply 56
Original post by shawtyb
ruislip is a nice little area but then again iv only ever visisted

It's too far out west for me
London rocks. The theatres, the exhibitions, the Tate, the Wellcome, the gorgeous South Bank, the pubs in Covent Garden, the streets of Soho, the legendary Bar Italia, the Serpentine at Hyde Park, Regent's Park, the coffee shops in Notting Hill, the work ethic, the economy, the professionalism, the fact that men (and women) will flirt with you like mad if you give them the green light. London is always evolving and nothing is ever static. Whatever your thing is, whether you are an artsy hippie, a high-flying banker and anything in between you will find your tribe in London.
It's too far out west for me

u should see kingston then haha
Reply 59
Original post by shawtyb
u should see kingston then haha

Way way way too far out

Quick Reply