The Student Room Group

what is it that makes people so digustingly unclean at uni?

never known a bunch of such low lifes in my life
they steal each others stuff and leave a horrendous mess everywhere
literally subhumans

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Now that's just some "straight hating" on students!
Reply 2
I just did a **** in my hand because I couldn't be bothered to go to the bathroom.

Anyone else do this every now and then?
For most students it is the first time living away from home. Most aren't fully house trained and can't cope without their parents tidying up after them.

Although I'm certainly not taking the superior ground. My first few weeks at university involved ignoring the dirty dishes until some very colourful microbes had colonised them. It's all part of learning to adult.
Original post by Quantex
For most students it is the first time living away from home. Most aren't fully house trained and can't cope without their parents tidying up after them.

Although I'm certainly not taking the superior ground. My first few weeks at university involved ignoring the dirty dishes until some very colourful microbes had colonised them. It's all part of learning to adult.

what the **** happened to the human race where washing dishes is postponed to later in life, as a path to adulthood?

i just dont get it how fuking messy ppl are
cba
I try to not be super-judgemental of my flatmates' bad habits but it is very, very hard.

Every single one of them, except myself and one boy, has come from a home where they've said they never needed to clean up after themselves or cook for themselves. In my world, those are basic life-skills and it is difficult living with people who are comfortable letting a week's worth of dirty plates build up by the sink or letting their food go off in the fridge so other people have to throw it out. :angry:

It's stressful on top of that, knowing that after a hard day's work or hard of studying (or both), I can't come home to a clean place where I can chill.
Students move from an environment where their parents did lots of the housework to an environment where there is no one to do the housework, but the attitude of the student does not always change to meet the situation, creating a mess when students put off housework.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ZuluK
Now that's just some "straight hating" on students!

I see what you did there but im afraid it still wasn't good enough :laugh:
Reply 9
Original post by Shadez
I see what you did there but im afraid it still wasn't good enough :laugh:

Omg why? Why? Why?

I thought it was pretty clever! 😂😂
Reply 10
Original post by ZuluK
Omg why? Why? Why?

I thought it was pretty clever! 😂😂

You thought wrong

Spoiler

Original post by Straighthate
never known a bunch of such low lifes in my life
they steal each others stuff and leave a horrendous mess everywhere
literally subhumans

When I was in uni I would steal the yoghurt of the other people in my halls (there were about 12 of us in the house).

It got to the stage when people would frequently leave notes in the kitchen & front room asking for the yoghurt thief to stop eating their yoghurt.

I remember a particular incident when there were like 7 of us in the kitchen and the girls were in hysterics about their missing yoghurt and were interrogating everyone about it. I acted all concerned by it, but on the inside I was like this:

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Shadez
You thought wrong

Spoiler

You are way to harsh

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 13
Original post by ZuluK
You are way to harsh

Spoiler

Spoiler

Good medicine tastes bitter

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by Shadez
Good medicine tastes bitter

Spoiler

A good friend always lightens the truth to make it bearable

Spoiler

Reply 15
Original post by ZuluK
A good friend always lightens the truth to make it bearable

Spoiler

the truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever.

Spoiler

Reply 16
Original post by Shadez
the truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever.

Spoiler

White Lies soften the blow and can help with self esteem

Spoiler

Reply 17
Original post by ZuluK
White Lies soften the blow and can help with self esteem

Spoiler

I only tell golden tanned brown lies

Spoiler

A lot of people there will be getting their first taste of living away from parents..give them a break about the mess
Edit: However I think stealing food is unacceptable because some people (including myself) plan my meals and I couldn't afford to replace food regularly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Diabolus
When I was in uni I would steal the yoghurt of the other people in my halls (there were about 12 of us in the house).

It got to the stage when people would frequently leave notes in the kitchen & front room asking for the yoghurt thief to stop eating their yoghurt.

I remember a particular incident when there were like 7 of us in the kitchen and the girls were in hysterics about their missing yoghurt and were interrogating everyone about it. I acted all concerned by it, but in the inside I was like this:

****in loled

wish i could rep again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending