The Student Room Group

INDIA........................... ..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by StrawbAri
Wow :toofunny:
You really aren't in a position to be critisising India

And they said only white people were racist :toofunny:

Nah. We all are. :wink: To be fair I said some pretty messed up stuff as well, but they were asking for it. They sparked the entire argument for no reason other than to be douchebags. I gave as good as I got.

Original post by kandykissesxox
LOOOL I was laughing so hard at his cringey statements & the fact that you were posting pics at the same time

Yeah, that knocked them out, lol! They got nothing over that. Every time they post, I'm just going to post over them with those amazing pics, Bahahaha.
Original post by STLJA
Mate I understand the sheer ignorance of this man has justifiably made you upset, but fighting back with the same form of ignorance isn't making you come across as any better than him. No one should be making such derogatory comments about any country. As you have said and showed us India has poverty stricken areas as well as areas of great affluence and I'm sure Egypt does as well.

I'm neither Indian nor Arab, but I possess the common sense to understand that India and any other third world country are not complete sh*t holes and do have areas of aesthetic beauty and general economic development.

Agreed to some extent but tbf whirpool did initiate the debate so yawn isn't going to exactly sit there and let him have the benefit or enjoyment of rebuking and belittling India.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 302
Original post by STLJA
Mate I understand the sheer ignorance of this man has justifiably made you upset, but fighting back with the same form of ignorance isn't making you come across as any better than him. No one should be making such derogatory comments about any country. As you have said and showed us India has poverty stricken areas as well as areas of great affluence and I'm sure Egypt does as well.

I'm neither Indian nor Arab, but I possess the common sense to understand that India and any other third world country are not complete sh*t holes and do have areas of aesthetic beauty and general economic development.

He didn't p*ss me off. Lol. This was kinda fun for me.

Oh, yeah. I know all that. I'm sure there's some nice parts of Egypt too. I admittedly said some messed up stuff, but I did it to get under his skin (which I did :smile:), and you know what? I don't regret it, cause he started it, and he had it coming.
Reply 303
Agreed to some extent but tbf whirpool did initiate the debate so yawn isn't going to exactly sit there and let him have the benefit of rebuking India.

Ofc not and you and him have every right to defend your country of origin. I'm just saying that the way in which he went about it made him come across as no better than the perpetrators. You shouldn't fight someone who is making horrific remarks about your country of origin by making just as horrific remarks about theirs.

I'm British Caribbean. If, for example, an Indian started making remarks about the Caribbean I wouldn't then go on to emulate his ignorance and make derogatory remarks about India. I would just defend my countries and be offensive towards his repulsive views and attitudes instead of his country of origin.Fighting fire with water is a lot better than fighting fire with fire.
Original post by STLJA
Ofc not and you and him have every right to defend your country of origin. I'm just saying that the way in which he went about it made him come across as no better than the perpetrators. You shouldn't fight someone who is making horrific remarks about your country of origin by making just as horrific remarks about theirs.

I'm British Caribbean. If, for example, an Indian started making remarks about the Caribbean I wouldn't then go on to emulate his ignorance and make derogatory remarks about India. I would just defend my countries and be offensive towards his repulsive views and attitudes instead of his country of origin.Fighting fire with water is a lot better than fighting fire with fire.

I do agree with you, but in the heat of the moment you can't help with certain being comments made. As yawn did state "he was simply doing it to get under his skin".

Anyway, whirpool was a troll, I doubt he gives a ****.
IN for the insecure Indians throwing **** fits whenever someone says anything remotely negative about India.

Reply 306
I do agree with you, but in the heat of the moment you can't help with certain being comments made. As yawn did state "he was simply doing it to get under his skin".

Anyway, whirpool was a troll, I doubt he gives a ****.

I acknowledge we all say things in the heat of the moment which we may regret. However, as I have a passionate hatred for anyone who is racist towards any race, I think there's certain comments that you must refrain from saying and certain lines you just do not cross (such as racial comments) even if his intentions were to "get under his skin" and give him a taste of his own medicine.

If I was to have a fallout with my mum and call her a b*tch in the heat of the moment that would be crossing the line (not to mention the fact I would be 6 feet under if that ever happened lol.)

Anyway what's done is done. Ignore the troll and let's move on.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
IN for the insecure Indians throwing **** fits whenever someone says anything remotely negative about India.

I'm not insecure, I have a passion for my country. Nothing wrong there son
Out of all the countries you could visit, why in the hell would you want to go to India? What is your plan, a quick trip to North Korea, then onto India?
I'm not insecure, I have a passion for my country. Nothing wrong there son

I absolutely agree. If an American defends his country, he's called patriotic but if a desi does the same, somehow they become 'insecure':rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL

All these people calling Indians 'insecure' should come meet my grandma ..fresh from Pakistan, she'll fix their choice of words cos ain't she afraid to defend her homeland. :u:
Original post by BrokenLife
I absolutely agree. If an American defends his country, he's called patriotic but if a desi does the same, somehow they become 'insecure':rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL

All these people calling Indians 'insecure' should come meet my grandma ..fresh from Pakistan, she'll fix their choice of words cos ain't she afraid to defend her homeland. :u:

I got a yellow card over it all as well. I agree with everything you've said, it's disgusting to think that people are not ashamed to openly criticise India especially when a lot of users on this site are Indians.

LOL

I got a yellow card over it all as well. I agree with everything you've said, it's disgusting to think that people are not ashamed to openly criticise India especially when a lot of users on this site are Indians.

Mods are about as corrupt and biased as our governments

Original post by TheBBQ

Absolutely. I think both of you have valid points.
Original post by TheBBQ

Haha so bloody true! PROSM! :biggrin:
OMG whoever you are I love you! this made me laugh hard!! :biggrin:

Again, it wasn't funny. :colonhash:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Again, it wasn't funny. :colonhash:

I found it funny.:colonhash:

LOL

Butttttt the thing is, an Indian can't defend all of India, just like an American can't defend all of the USA. So it's the same thing really.
I found it funny.:colonhash:

Why? It's not funny, it's a disgusting "joke".
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Butttttt the thing is, an Indian can't defend all of India, just like an American can't defend all of the USA. So it's the same thing really.

I know, that would take time but baby steps :biggrin:
I know, that would take time but baby steps :biggrin:

Well India will never be perfect, nor will any country. But the point is really, that no country is perfect and it's not disrespectful to point these things out, it's just the manner that you do it in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending