The Student Room Group

INDIA........................... ..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Butttttt the thing is, an Indian can't defend all of India, just like an American can't defend all of the USA. So it's the same thing really.

But that's not the point. The point is calling one that is merely passionate about their country insecure. the point is if you're passionate about you're country it doesn't make you insecure. It just mean you're patriotic.

Why? It's not funny, it's a disgusting "joke".

The khusra part was funny.:colonhash:
India is a beautiful country, yes it has its downsides, every country does. However, India is a majestic place to visit with kind welcoming people with a big heart. They have a passion for their country, but that does not make them insecure, it makes them proud to be Indian
Well India will never be perfect, nor will any country. But the point is really, that no country is perfect and it's not disrespectful to point these things out, it's just the manner that you do it in.

I know it will never be perfect, I even pointed this out myself.

I disliked the approach and manner of a lot of the users. They in turn bashed India and labelled it to be a "shithole", I disagree. Yes, it's not all pleasant, but again no need to disrespect the country.
The amount of triggering in this thread is unreal
Criticising a country isn't bad as no country is perfect but there's a fine line between criticism and disrespect. Calling one's country as 'big toilet' reflects one's own manners.

And oh I'm not even Indian but a Pakistani. Even I understand that respect is crucial despite the rivalry that my country has with India.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BrokenLife
But that's not the point. The point is calling one that is merely passionate about their country insecure. the point is if you're passionate about you're country it doesn't make you insecure. It just mean you're patriotic.

The khusra part was funny.:colonhash:

But the point I was making was that an American is neither insecure or patriotic for defending his/her country, the same goes for an Indian. Because it's impossible to defend all of any country.

The khusra part is not funny (I will just copy and paste what I wrote to an earlier to a poster today, because I'm not going to write it all out again)

Do you know why it's not funny to laugh at someone abusing somebody who inherited traits of both genders? Because it makes you an A-hole and it's beyond their control, in india, especially in poverty stricken areas mothers throw their children out because they belong to the "third sex". In india they practically have no human rights what so ever, violence ,rape, several forms sexual and physical abuse, extreme discrimination is something they have to face daily.
Criticising a country isn't bad as no country is perfect but there's a fine line between criticism and disrespect. Calling one's country as 'big toilet' reflects one's own manners.

And oh I'm not even Indian but a Pakistani. Even I understand that respect is crucial despite the rivalry that my country has with India.

This is what I was saying...
Original post by kandykissesxox
I know it will never be perfect, I even pointed this out myself.

I disliked the approach and manner of a lot of the users. They in turn bashed India and labelled it to be a "shithole", I disagree. Yes, it's not all pleasant, but again no need to disrespect the country.

No I agree, there was no need to be that disrespectful.
But the point I was making was that an American is neither insecure or patriotic for defending his/her country, the same goes for an Indian. Because it's impossible to defend all of any country.

The khusra part is not funny (I will just copy and paste what I wrote to an earlier to a poster today, because I'm not going to write it all out again)

Actually I see where you coming from. But tbf I did not even think about it at first place. I didn't even think about the 'third gender' part.
Actually I see where you coming from. But tbf I did not even think about it at first place. I didn't even think about the 'third gender' part.

Since I was a little girl and visited India, I have visited india a million times I swear! But I remember visiting and how sad it made me when people treated these people like dirt in front of me. I hate India for it's social status hierarchy (every country has one, but not every country is that brutal to people of the "lowest status" )

Also all this is linked to poverty, when the women is pregnant there are obviously abnormalities in the womb that cannot be fixed because she doesn't have the money or the medicines and then when the baby is born, it suffers for a life time, because of people.:colonhash:

I can honestly say I dislike India for so many reasons, and this is one of them.

Also I remember when I visited India when I when I was younger and I was treated like a Queen compared to all the other children in my village. I had fairer skin and was from England, and all the children wanted to come over and play with me and my brother. But I was treated so differently to them. SO DIFFERENTLY. :frown:

Now that I think about it, it makes me feel so sad!
(edited 8 years ago)
Since I was a little girl and visited India, I have visited india a million times I swear! But I remember visiting and how sad it made me when people treated these people like dirt in front of me. I hate India for it's social status hierarchy (every country has one, but not every country is that brutal to people of the "lowest status":wink:.

Also all this is linked to poverty, when the women is pregnant there are obviously abnormalities in the womb that cannot be fixed because she doesn't have the money or the medicines and then when the baby is born, it suffers for a life time, because of people.:colonhash:

I can honestly say I dislike India for so many reasons, and this is one of them.

Also I remember when I visited India when I when I was younger and I was treated like a Queen compared to all the other children in my village. I had fairer skin and was from England, and all the children wanted to come over and play with me and my brother. But I was treated so differently to them. SO DIFFERENTLY. :frown:

Now that I think about it, it makes me feel so sad!

Oh woah. I've only been to Pakistan for like 2 times so i'm not as much aware of it as you are but that sounds so horrible!!

Its not like as if khusras have power to chose their gender. Its ridiculous!!

And yeah i know about the skin tone discrimination thing. Seriously these are all the things that even I hate about my culture and it needs to be stopped.
Original post by xxAminah
Depends where you want to go, India is a beautiful place :smile:

Also New Zealand is a good place, Fantastic scenery, great people, lots of things to do :smile:

did you really just mention india and NZ in the same post
Oh woah. I've only been to Pakistan for like 2 times so i'm not as much aware of it as you are but that sounds so horrible!!

Its not like as if khusras have power to chose their gender. Its ridiculous!!

And yeah i know about the skin tone discrimination thing. Seriously these are all the things that even I hate about my culture and it needs to be stopped.

It wasn't exactly my skin in a "beauty" sense, it was more to do with me being from England and therefore "better" than the rest of the children. That is how India is, someone is always better than the next. I hate India for that. That's why people abusing people that have inherited both genders, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THERE OWN, and describing them as the lowest status in India, angers me.

Do people in India not have a heart?
It wasn't exactly my skin in a "beauty" sense, it was more to do with me being from England and therefore "better" than the rest of the children. That is how India is, someone is always better than the next. I hate India for that. That's why people abusing people that have inherited both genders, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THERE OWN, and describing them as the lowest status in India, angers me.

Do people in India not have a heart?

I know what you mean. When i went to Pakistan, it was the same thing. Its disgusting. Its like we are perfect just because we come from England...errrm NOOO. We're also humans and are equal as you. Not superior. That is a very bad mentality to have tbh.
Original post by iamfurqan
Pakistan is an Islamic coutry and gays are not allowed in islam

Lel and you're still not sending me any links to what you said.

Get a life douchebag
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Lel and you're still not sending me any links to what you said.

Get a life douchebag

do you have a twitter or fb?
Original post by The Diplomat.
muslims =Gujarat riots 2002

sikhs= anti sikh "riots" in Dehli 1984

The guy was talking about recent events.
do you have a twitter or fb?

If I did I wouldn't end up giving it to a creep like you so don't waste your time asking.
Pakistan is an Islamic coutry and gays are not allowed in islam

yet retards like you are allowed

no wonder islamic countries are poverty stricken hell holes and all you cretins want to come to the west you hate so much xoxo
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
The guy was talking about recent events.

that is pretty recent if you ask me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending