The Student Room Group

Crush on TSR boy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by BrokenLife
Absolutely! Its such a disgrace tbh.
My father said 'seems like I'd have to kill you' while referencing to an honour killing although all I talked to him about was equality in terms of gender.

I think your dad is going waaaay too far. I hope your dad doesn't mean what he's saying, because I know that my dad would probably die if I did. :colonhash: but like why would anyone say something like that? It's depressing and hurtful. You should report him to the police if he's serious about killing you. Your safety first tbh.
Original post by enaayrah
Asian girls unite

:grouphugs:

:jumphug:
Original post by Josb
Why do your parents want to kill you exactly?

Presumably because they feel threatened, or are unsettled by, the notions of equality and liberty :redface:
Original post by Student403
Shame this seems to be so common, too! I had heard of it happening but had no idea many people on this site had experienced it!

Same here!

But the fact that it's so widespread is disturbing to say the least! :redface:
I had a crush on RobML two days ago, but not anymore.
Original post by Indeterminate
Same here!

But the fact that it's so widespread is disturbing to say the least! :redface:

Agreed :frown:
Original post by Josb

My father is very sexist, controlling and traditional. He basically wants to control me and my life. It means controlling all my life decisions, from academics to personal life and what not. Boys are preferred over girls. He didn't wanted to me to do law because it seen as a 'male' area according to him but I did. He hates me for that too. Growing up he never had time for me so I never really formed that bond with him. Only met him when I was around 10. Also, since that age he's been very abusive mentally, verbally, emotionally and physically. Sometimes I think that the reason may be because he hates my mother who he divorced. I dunno. For me, my father is not my hero and as much as I hate it it will always be a very sad part of my life and a feeling of deprivation will be there. I wished I had a good relationship with but not anymore. I've pass that stage now.
grow up....
Original post by arfah
I think your dad is going waaaay too far. I hope your dad doesn't mean what he's saying, because I know that my dad would probably die if I did. :colonhash: but like why would anyone say something like that? It's depressing and hurtful. You should report him to the police if he's serious about killing you. Your safety first tbh.

:jumphug:

Ahh I know. I can't even explain in words how I felt at that very moment. I was torn apart. To know that my own father can say such a thing to his own daughter I just died. The kind of man he is, I can assure you he can do that if he gets angry. But tbh I'm not scared of him. I'd rather get killed than getting scared of him.
Original post by Azula
Ah kk,
you're smart you'll know if something needs intervention :smile:

As you'd know :teehee:
Original post by Josb

Because my potential actions could stain my family's 'izzat'. Potential actions include getting a boyfriend, living alone and unmarried etc etc
Reply 190
My father is very sexist, controlling and traditional. He basically wants to control me and my life. It means controlling all my life decisions, from academics to personal life and what not. Boys are preferred over girls. He didn't wanted to me to do law because it seen as a 'male' area according to him but I did. He hates me for that too. Growing up he never had time for me so I never really formed that bond with him. Only met him when I was around 10. Also, since that age he's been very abusive mentally, verbally, emotionally and physically. Sometimes I think that the reason may be because he hates my mother who he divorced. I dunno. For me, my father is not my hero and as much as I hate it it will always be a very sad part of my life and a feeling of deprivation will be there. I wished I had a good relationship with but not anymore. I've pass that stage now.

A part of my family is Arab and the father always favoured his son as well and never offered anything to his daughters; I also suspected he beat my cousin. Now my aunt divorced and took her children with her, but it has been quite long to recover for them.

I hope you'll be fine. :console:
You will probably be able to "escape" thanks to your studies, but I know that some girls remain trapped their whole life in this situation.

Stories like yours make me angry when I see feminists complaining about Page3 or campaining for #freethenipple. Many women are still oppressed in the West, but the most vocal feminists prefer to spend their time on useless issues.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Josb
A part of my family is Arab and the father always favoured his son as well and never offered anything to his daughters; I also suspected her beat my cousin. Now my aunt divorced and took her children with her, but it has been quite long to recover for them.

I hope you'll be fine. :console:
You will probably be able to "escape" thanks to your studies, but I know that some girls remain trapped their whole life in this situation.

Stories like yours make me angry when I see feminists complaining about Page3 or campaining for #freethenipple. Many women are still oppressed in the West, but the most vocal feminists prefer to spend their time on useless issues.

That's a shame tbh. As if women aren't humans who have the right to live their lives the way they want to.

I don't know what will happen to me but I know for sure that I will not take such sexist views. I would not let them rule my life. Just waiting to get my education and get independent. I don't want their arranged marriages omg nooooo!!! Noooo!!

And yes I see what you mean..there are so.many women who cannot even live their lives and get their basic right to live their lives the way they want to.
That's a shame tbh. As if women aren't humans who have the right to live their lives the way they want to.

I don't know what will happen to me but I know for sure that I will not take such sexist views. I would not let them rule my life. Just waiting to get my education and get independent. I don't want their arranged marriages omg nooooo!!! Noooo!!

And yes I see what you mean..there are so.many women who cannot even live their lives and get their basic right to live their lives the way they want to.

I thought you were already engaged? :holmes:

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I wish you and @enaayrah the best in becoming independent adults free (or at least distanced) from the toxic influence of your parent(s). :smile: I can relate to a lot of this crap myself, but I'd rather that this not be known about me on TSR (hence my rather disgraceful use of anonymous :sad:). I think it's great that you both have a good head on your shoulders and won't pass any of this on to your own kids. :h:

Stay strong! :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I wish you and @enaayrah the best in becoming independent adults free (or at least distanced) from the toxic influence of your parent(s). :smile: I can relate to a lot of this crap myself, but I'd rather that this not be known about me on TSR (hence my rather disgraceful use of anonymous :sad:). I think it's great that you both have a good head on your shoulders and won't pass any of this on to your own kids. :h:

Thanks so much, I hope you pull through too :hugs:
I like to think that I'm essentially just three a level grades away to my freedom - it's what gives me hope and makes me work hard!

Hopefully one day I'll be campaigning for more awareness towards this particular area :redface:
I like to think that I'm essentially just three a level grades away to my freedom - it's what gives me hope and makes me work hard!

Hopefully one day I'll be campaigning for more awareness towards this particular area :redface:

Awwww I admire you so much. :hugs:

That's a wonderful way to think about it, not to mention a great way not to procrastinate. :yep:

Yeah, I hope to do something in this area as well. Maybe a charity or shelter of some kind to help the worst-affected people leave abusive homes and become independent adults. :smile: Until then, we persevere. :u:
Original post by Ethereal World
Awwww I admire you so much. :hugs:

:hugs:

Thank you, and I really do admire you too!

Will you be my one and only TSR crusher? :colondollar:
That's a wonderful way to think about it, not to mention a great way not to procrastinate. :yep:

Yeah, I hope to do something in this area as well. Maybe a charity or shelter of some kind to help the worst-affected people leave abusive homes and become independent adults. :smile: Until then, we persevere. :u:

Maybe we'll meet each other that way one day :u:

I sometimes just think to myself 'I am so radical for my family'...
Maybe we'll meet each other that way one day :u:

I sometimes just think to myself 'I am so radical for my family'...

Very true. :lol: Of course, it's always termed in less flattering ways among the extended family ("he's mad/crazy/unstable/rowdy" being a popular one :rolleyes:). Whattaya gonna do, eh? :biggrin:

I was, I was. Not now. Not now.

And aww thank you so much for your kind words. It means alot! Omg well you can always trust me and pm me if you ever wish to vent. I'm always here for you. I won't tell anyone. :smile:

You stay strong too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending