The Student Room Group

Iraqi refugee raped 10yo boy in Austria, says it was ‘sexual emergency’.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Diabolus
The way you write that, it just makes it seem like you're ashamed to be gay. You may not have "chosen" to be gay, but your environment definitely influenced you such that you are now a homosexual.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11922975/The-latest-gay-gene-study-gives-no-comfort-to-homophobes.html

There is no evidence whatsoever for a "gay gene". Just think about it - a gay gene would completely go against reproductive imperative.

Again, I will reassert, I dont think there's anything wrong with being gay, but homosexuality is not genetic.

What is the evidence to suggest that being gay is a choice?
Original post by ivybridge
For God sake what are you on about? Stop trying to talk like a pompous politician when you're just an average student sitting at your computer - great, thanks.

Acting on paedophilic tendencies is wrong as it is harmful. Suggesting an explanation for the origins of paedophilia is hardly justifying the actions. grow up.

I'm so sick of having these arguments with utter idiots.

"Duuuuuude homosexuality is normal bro it's all natural stop being a bigot maaaaan"

That's the justification for homosexuality, and it's the same justification you're trying to push for paedophilia.
Original post by hezzlington
What is the evidence to suggest that being gay is a choice?

Who says it's a choice? It's more likely to be a mental defect.
Original post by Kieselguhr
Who says it's a choice? It's more likely to be a mental defect.

Any actual evidence for this?
I'm going to be very truthful now. I laughed hard at the line "sexual emergency"
Any actual evidence for this?

More evidence than genetic factors, certainly. Have a look at the 23andme study.
More evidence than genetic factors, certainly. Have a look at the 23andme study.

Looked at it. No suggestions that homosexuality is caused by 'mental defect'.
The way you write that, it just makes it seem like you're ashamed to be gay. You may not have "chosen" to be gay, but your environment definitely influenced you such that you are now a homosexual.

There is no evidence whatsoever for a "gay gene". Just think about it - a gay gene would completely go against reproductive imperative.

Again, I will reassert, I dont think there's anything wrong with being gay, but homosexuality is not genetic.

You're actually incredibly offensive. You ignore a mass of scientific evidence to the contrary in favour of these backbench studies often carried out by religious scientists with a bias.

I did not argue there was a gay gene. My environment has not caused me to be gay. You're an idiot if you think so. I grew up in a strict, catholic home with no awareness of what 'gay' was until way after I began to piece together who I am. Do your homework before giving ignorant opinions.
Looked at it. No suggestions that homosexuality is caused by 'mental defect'.

"In a Dutch study, gay men reported significantly higher rates of mood and anxiety disorders than straight men, and lesbians were significantly more likely to experience depression (but not other mood or anxiety disorders) than straight women." Sandfort, et al. (1999)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_psychology#Mental_health_issues

Also, just taking a critical thinking stance, it's a biological failure. The point of any creature is to reproduce - homosexuality is a failure in this regard.
You're actually incredibly offensive. You ignore a mass of scientific evidence to the contrary in favour of these backbench studies often carried out by religious scientists with a bias.

I did not argue there was a gay gene. My environment has not caused me to be gay. You're an idiot if you think so. I grew up in a strict, catholic home with no awareness of what 'gay' was until way after I began to piece together who I am. Do your homework before giving ignorant opinions.

The biggest offense here is the strong denial you have about your homosexuality.

Just accept who you are dude.

You're not on tumblr any more, nobody gives a toss if you're offended :grin:
"In a Dutch study, gay men reported significantly higher rates of mood and anxiety disorders than straight men, and lesbians were significantly more likely to experience depression (but not other mood or anxiety disorders) than straight women." Sandfort, et al. (1999)

Also, just taking a critical thinking stance, it's a biological failure. The point of any creature is to reproduce - homosexuality is a failure in this regard.

Maybe because of the abuse they suffer. Are you a student of science?

You have butchered the interpretation of that study. Higher rates of mood/anxiety disorders are nothing to do with the cause of being gay. (In the context of this study).
"Duuuuuude homosexuality is normal bro it's all natural stop being a bigot maaaaan"

That's the justification for homosexuality, and it's the same justification you're trying to push for paedophilia.

Normal and natural? Yeah actually, loving - irrespective of gender, is human. I can't believe you're trying to tell me what I think about paedophilia. Like, do not blame me for your ignorance. You should educate yourself on the issue before trying to debate it ((be an offensive ****)), cool.
(edited 8 years ago)
The biggest offense here is the strong denial you have about your homosexuality.

Just accept who you are dude.

Denial? I have been openly gay for about 5 years... what are you talking about?

Do not tell me how to feel either.
Original post by kieran12321LFC
I'm going to be very truthful now. I laughed hard at the line "sexual emergency"

Same.

Trying to hold it together.

And failing.
Normal and natural? Yeah actually, loving - irrespective of gender, is human. I can't believe you're trying to tell me what I think about paedophilia. Like, do not blame me for your ignorance. You should educate yourself on the issue before trying to debate it ((be an offensive ****)), cool.

like I AM SO OFFENDED right now i cANT EVEN!

nice argument breh

The reasoning used to justify homosexuality is exactly the same as that which will be, and is now starting to be used to justify paedophilia.
You're not on tumblr any more, nobody gives a toss if you're offended :grin:

I've had worse - keep it coming. You never had any credibility to begin with.
like I AM SO OFFENDED right now i cANT EVEN!

nice argument breh

The reasoning used to justify homosexuality is exactly the same as that which will be, and is now starting to be used to justify paedophilia.

People do not need to justify paedophilia and homosexuality nor any sexual inclination. Actions are completely different matters and don't talk to me about "nice argument" - you have the discussion skills of a tortoise.

Hence why animals have homosexual relationships? Ah.

Lol, you don't understand the difference between mental health and sexual orientation. Your bigotry is the very thing which causes hate and by extension, the contraction of such mental health issues by the constantly targeted LGBTQIA community.

Like, could you be any more thick or is this for the lols? Lmao.
Animals also practice paedophilia, as well as pre-modern civilisations. This does not make it moral or acceptable in modern civilisation. The fact you're trying to use animals to justify your immoral activities shows the sort of degenerate you are. You're a hedonist who doesn't care about the restraint or discipline that comes with civilisation. You're no more than an animal.

No, no, no. I used animals to combat your idiotic point. You said that, and I quote, "the point of any creature is to reproduce" - I simply pointed out that this is *******s. Do not twist it into something else because you were caught short.

I'm a degenerate and immoral for loving another man? Okay, then I'm a degenerate and immoral. Personally, I don't believe I need to justify anything to you or anybody. Yeah, I have struggled to accept myself, and still to this day would change if I could but you know what? You are so insignificant to the issue. I'm going to love another man, marry another man, and have a life I want without the say so of people like you because you can sit and rot in hatred whilst I live happily amongst every other decent memeber of society.

You will never understand the harm your attitude can inflict and it is a good thing that you are in the minority party. Hating and sitting in disgust because two men or two women have the capacity to love eachother? What a life you do lead.

Grow up and quickly.

That's all I am saying on the issue - I don't wish to speak to you further so rant elsewhere.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending