The Student Room Group

what is it that makes people so digustingly unclean at uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Shadez
:u:

Spoiler

:colonhash:

Spoiler

Reply 41
Original post by Shadez
Don't bite the hand that feeds you

Spoiler

Don't feed that mouth that hates you... :u:

Spoiler

Reply 42
Original post by ZuluK
:colonhash:

Spoiler

man can put you on a pedestal man can also take you of it
This is my main worry as I'll be going to uni at 27 later this year. I'm praying to god I get my chosen accommodation with the other mature students and postgrads(no offence 18 year olds I know you're not all bad).

If the same thing was getting regularly stolen I'd do something drastic about it. For example if it was Coke I'd piss in the bottle so the thief gets a surprise when they drink it.
Reply 44
Original post by ZuluK
Don't feed that mouth that hates you... :u:

Spoiler

:laugh:

Spoiler

Reply 45
Original post by Shadez
man can put you on a pedestal man can also take you of it

image.jpeg

You've given me the pedastal, you can't take it back
Reply 46
Original post by Shadez
:laugh:

Spoiler

:rofl:

Spoiler

Reply 47
Original post by ZuluK
image.jpeg

You've given me the pedastal, you can't take it back

fine keep it, you will have a VIP section in hell :laugh:
It's less to do with financial background its a combination of people being spoiled, people just wanting to have a good time without consequence seeing how far you can push other people and such factors.

I have lived with some slobs over the years, or people who dont pay their way, in my 2nd year when I was in halls people stole by drinks I got for my 18th birthday, used my food (and never their own) for food fights and then told me it was my food therefore I had to clean it up, one even set fire alarms off by using chip pan then blamed me and got the otehr tenants to back him up as they were friends, someone used a cigarette to burn a cable I had that I had extended into hallway(only way I got internet) twice and the cable was worth £30 at the time, the week before I moved out I left my brand new phone with £70 credit on it to have it stolen and they boasted when they thought I was out how they loved torturing me as I was a "freak" (Im autistic)

Other flatmates included one who always begged other people for money saying he was poor(but could afford £100 shoes and a local gym that had a sauna which was £80 a month and to drive, drink alcohol etc) he ran up a £400 phone bill which was in my name, never put money in the meters yet had heating set to maximum(like 35 degrees) AND had a 2kw electric heater on top of that then had cheek to open his window to let air in, knock on doors at 7am asking for money, if you went to get a shower in morning he would knock on door 1 minute after you got in telling you how you dont care about other peoples timetables, then spend 1-2 HOURS in the shower, in the end he did a runner owing the landlord about £100 and we found out he was married with kids and even owned a house.

Other bad flatmates include ones that gave out spare keys and had 24/7 parties keeping other tenants awake and used kitchen as a "reception" so had dozens of people in there at all times, another who stole food from me knowing I was on benefits, stole my 21st birthday presents from courier and laughed at me all the time, and when I eventually caught him stealing my food he told me it was my fault for being "lazy and greedy" as I bought everything in bulk (which I did as I couldnt afford or had time to go to supermarket every day) after that he ratted me to landlord by telling half truths to make himself look good like I had no sleep all night and landlord came round I said I wanted peace and quiet, to get LL ring me 10 minutes later to say I have been badmouthing him and avoiding him, or when I was moving out the warden let me in to do my washing he told LL who banned me from doing so Oh he was also doing the dirty on his girlfriend, he met a girl at uni who moved back to her home country but had sex multiple nights a week with girls he met at clubs, as well as a girl who stayed in same house as us.

Most recent was a guy who I think has learning difficulties, used to get little tantrums, lived very dirtily i.e had sinks full of pans and plates which he even told me were there since he first moved there 2 years previous! loads of full bin bags he never even bothered to take out, his own bedroom was so cluttered the carpet wasnt visable, he once spent a hour looking for a shoe when he wanted to go to a club, he complained if I did as much as put my tv on low in my room "as he could hear it" would moan if I set thermostat above 14 degrees, toilet was backing up and stank and was covered in stains, and as his diet was basically coffee and brocolli it stank and was always dirty. the tables were covered in coffee and tobacco stains, you couldnt even say hi to him as he was stressed from his work so would moan at you back etc.
Reply 49
Original post by EllainKahlo
I try to not be super-judgemental of my flatmates' bad habits but it is very, very hard.

Every single one of them, except myself and one boy, has come from a home where they've said they never needed to clean up after themselves or cook for themselves. In my world, those are basic life-skills and it is difficult living with people who are comfortable letting a week's worth of dirty plates build up by the sink or letting their food go off in the fridge so other people have to throw it out. :angry:

It's stressful on top of that, knowing that after a hard day's work or hard of studying (or both), I can't come home to a clean place where I can chill.

I tried to make them feel bad once by washing the cooking pan and plates that were marinating in bacon oil for a week.

It didn't work, the following day, it was there again. #fail :colonhash:
Reply 50
Original post by ZuluK
:rofl:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 51
Original post by Shadez
fine keep it, you will have a VIP section in hell :laugh:

Well you're going to join me :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 52
Original post by Shadez

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by drbluebox
It's less to do with financial background its a combination of people being spoiled, people just wanting to have a good time without consequence seeing how far you can push other people and such factors.

I have lived with some slobs over the years, or people who dont pay their way, in my 2nd year when I was in halls people stole by drinks I got for my 18th birthday, used my food (and never their own) for food fights and then told me it was my food therefore I had to clean it up, one even set fire alarms off by using chip pan then blamed me and got the otehr tenants to back him up as they were friends, someone used a cigarette to burn a cable I had that I had extended into hallway(only way I got internet) twice and the cable was worth £30 at the time, the week before I moved out I left my brand new phone with £70 credit on it to have it stolen and they boasted when they thought I was out how they loved torturing me as I was a "freak" (Im autistic)

Other flatmates included one who always begged other people for money saying he was poor(but could afford £100 shoes and a local gym that had a sauna which was £80 a month and to drive, drink alcohol etc) he ran up a £400 phone bill which was in my name, never put money in the meters yet had heating set to maximum(like 35 degrees) AND had a 2kw electric heater on top of that then had cheek to open his window to let air in, knock on doors at 7am asking for money, if you went to get a shower in morning he would knock on door 1 minute after you got in telling you how you dont care about other peoples timetables, then spend 1-2 HOURS in the shower, in the end he did a runner owing the landlord about £100 and we found out he was married with kids and even owned a house.

Other bad flatmates include ones that gave out spare keys and had 24/7 parties keeping other tenants awake and used kitchen as a "reception" so had dozens of people in there at all times, another who stole food from me knowing I was on benefits, stole my 21st birthday presents from courier and laughed at me all the time, and when I eventually caught him stealing my food he told me it was my fault for being "lazy and greedy" as I bought everything in bulk (which I did as I couldnt afford or had time to go to supermarket every day) after that he ratted me to landlord by telling half truths to make himself look good like I had no sleep all night and landlord came round I said I wanted peace and quiet, to get LL ring me 10 minutes later to say I have been badmouthing him and avoiding him, or when I was moving out the warden let me in to do my washing he told LL who banned me from doing so Oh he was also doing the dirty on his girlfriend, he met a girl at uni who moved back to her home country but had sex multiple nights a week with girls he met at clubs, as well as a girl who stayed in same house as us.

Most recent was a guy who I think has learning difficulties, used to get little tantrums, lived very dirtily i.e had sinks full of pans and plates which he even told me were there since he first moved there 2 years previous! loads of full bin bags he never even bothered to take out, his own bedroom was so cluttered the carpet wasnt visable, he once spent a hour looking for a shoe when he wanted to go to a club, he complained if I did as much as put my tv on low in my room "as he could hear it" would moan if I set thermostat above 14 degrees, toilet was backing up and stank and was covered in stains, and as his diet was basically coffee and brocolli it stank and was always dirty. the tables were covered in coffee and tobacco stains, you couldnt even say hi to him as he was stressed from his work so would moan at you back etc.

That is horrifying, I'm literally terrified about housing now... Sorry you had to experience that by the way :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by ZuluK
Well you're going to join me :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 55
Original post by ZuluK

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 56
Original post by Shadez

image.jpeg
Reply 57
Original post by Shadez

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 58
Original post by ZuluK
image.jpeg

You meme mastery has decreased by one point !

that was weak im afraid :laugh:

Reply 59
Original post by ZuluK

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending