The Student Room Group

Who else plans on not having children?.

The main reason why I don't want to have children is that the world is a horrendous place and life sucks.
There are so many bad things that can happen to them...
And also if I will not have children I will have a lot more money for myself.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Malthus ftw.
Reply 2
Original post by Montixta
The main reason why I don't want to have children is that the world is a horrendous place and life sucks.
There are so many bad things that can happen to them...
And also if I will not have children I will have a lot more money for myself.

You shoud have children.

How else are you going to live vicariously through someone else, and watch them achieve the things you never got to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Me and my partner aren't having kids either. We don't want them because we just don't really like kids much. I've never been around them so I don't know how to act around them and we don't feel the need to bring another life into the world when there's already so many out there and in general, just never had the notion to have a kid. If we did ever want kids, we would adopt but I never see us changing our views. We've said from day one we would just stick to pets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
me
is it good to have before marriage or after?
Reply 6
I hate the small, loud, smelly things. Life must be so boring when you can't make plans to go out without feeling guilty and arranging child care. Also, people always say they love their children more than anything, why would I want my partner to love someone more than me? Also, 40% of marriages end in divorce so why would you want to put children through that?

And I have an hereditary illness and don't want someone else to have to suffer through it.
I don't plan on having children either. I've never liked children or babies, and I honestly don't like being around them, as they are generally loud, unpredictable, messy etc. I would much prefer to not have children and live the way I want, without having to care or worry about kids
yeah dont want children but my dad said he wants grandkids. I dont want **** to do with children though
Reply 9
Neither, though not for quite so cynical reasons!

For one I dislike the little sprogs.
I like my money more, my peace and quiet and that too.
No intention of ruining my body for them.
I'd rather focus on my career and life.
And I'd rather not pass on certain genes.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't think so, I can understand why people would want them but personally not for me :smile:
I don't want them of my own. (I HATE the idea of giving birth) and would much rather adopt.
Reply 12
No because I can't even look after myself lol
Original post by Spock's Socks
Me and my partner aren't having kids either. We don't want them because we just don't really like kids much. I've never been around them so I don't know how to act around them and we don't feel the need to bring another life into the world when there's already so many out there and in general, just never had the notion to have a kid. If we did ever want kids, we would adopt but I never see us changing our views. We've said from day one we would just stick to pets

Posted from TSR Mobile

[video="youtube;rcx-nf3kH_M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcx-nf3kH_M[/video]
I don't want to have children for the selfish reasons, like the financial side of things and wanting to experience going abroad etc but also I am mentally nowhere near ready.

I don't feel settled within myself and personally I don't put in enough effort with learning, the news etc. I just don't really care about things so the fact I feel this way is definitely not good. Wouldn't be a good role model for a kid, essentially.
God you're a miserable bunch.

I'm never going to have kids because I'll probably never get that far with a woman, but the way some of you act is like Rodney from Only Fools and Horses.
This thread makes me sad. Can't wait to be a father. Going to have two kids and lots of dogs.
Original post by Arkasia
God you're a miserable bunch.

I'm never going to have kids because I'll probably never get that far with a woman, but the way some of you act is like Rodney from Only Fools and Horses.

with humour like I doubt it.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
with humour like I doubt it.

awh you're making me blush
For those who want to have kids - each to their own.

This thread is for those who have the same views about not wanting to have kids...

Quick Reply

Latest