Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Original post by Bigdog7
I applied for straight econ on the 16th of November
Predicted a*aa and got 5a's last year. My mate applied for Ppe before the Oxbridge deadline predicted 4a*s and still hasn't heard back from Durham tho so I wouldn't worry too much

That's comforting yet worrying haha, all the best!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Still waiting for Law... I applied to Hatfield too, but I guess I'd be increadibly happy whatever college I got into! I'm really hoping because it would be my first choice...
got my Classics offer AAA!!! over the moooooooon
Original post by docmcstuffin
Anyone who applied on/before 21st October had an offer for English Literature yet? I'm just curious and soo impatient haha (applied to Hatfield) :smile:

I got an offer for English Literature on Wednesday and also applied to Hatfield! Sure you'll probably hear sometime soon!
Original post by fsrayner
I got an offer for English Literature on Wednesday and also applied to Hatfield! Sure you'll probably hear sometime soon!

Congrats!!! You must be over the moon! When did you apply? x
Got an offer for Natural Sciences (Maths and Physics), just need an A in further maths!
Original post by Alex621
Got an offer for Natural Sciences (Maths and Physics), just need an A in further maths!

Further maths is the one <3
Original post by victoria98
Got an offer for chemistry :biggrin: Pleasantly surprised

May I ask what your AS/GCSE grades were?
I've got an offer for the same course!

Original post by polymath98
Just got natural sciences (Maths and Economics) A*AA. Applied to Hatfield #yeahHatfield, but haven't heard about college yet.
Original post by MCPC247
May I ask what your AS/GCSE grades were?

GCSE: 4A*s 7As 2Bs
AS: AAAA in maths, chemistry, biology, physics + A in general studies but who cares.

Their admissions process seems rather random though and I've seen people with much better grades getting rejected... but I'm not complaining about the offer haha :smile: Did you also apply for chemistry?
Original post by ziggyystardust
Congrats!!! You must be over the moon! When did you apply? x

Thank you! About a week before the oxbridge deadline, so it's been a while!
I'm hoping to get into medicine at Durham this year, I had my interview back at the beginning of December and none of us will hear until at least March. The wait is interminable! It is at Queen's Campus in Thornaby near Stockton, but even so I've been in a big city for five years and I'd quite enjoy some fresh air!

Feel free to follow my progress at https://anothermedicnohoper.wordpress.com/ :smile:

Is anyone else here applying to a course at Queen's? The actual campus looks really nice, and if you live on campus lectures, and the bar, and the gym are all a couple of minutes walk away.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fsrayner

Well done that's great! What were your grades?
Original post by docmcstuffin
Anyone who applied on/before 21st October had an offer for English Literature yet? I'm just curious and soo impatient haha (applied to Hatfield) :smile:

Mid October application. Eng Lit offer 4 weeks ago. Fingers crossed for you.
Anyone got an offer for MMath (European Studies) yet? I'm still waiting and Durham is my first choice, isn't it always the way :smile:
For all of those still waiting for a decision, I have just come across this and it was a bit comforting, or at least an explanation for why they take longer to make decisions!

https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/faqs/?faqno=3203
Okay, the FAQ page is a gold mine!

Seriously recommend going through this if you have any burning questions. They seem to have covered all of the big questions that I have so they probably have for you too!

https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/faqs/
Original post by mhamill864
Anyone got an offer for MMath (European Studies) yet? I'm still waiting and Durham is my first choice, isn't it always the way :smile:

Still waiting for this course too, also my first choice, they are taking their time haha!
Original post by ziggyystardust
I applied on 22nd October and I haven't heard back either! I chose Hatfield too!!! I'm beginning to get very impatient. Hopefully we'll hear by the end of Feb
Best of luck x

I applied a bit later but around the same time and only got an offer last week. Hopefully yours will come soon!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest