The Student Room Group

If White people are so lazy and stupid...

...why are White countries so advanced?

Context: I see loads of people saying that the refugees are mainly well-educated doctors, engineers and scientists and that White people are just jealous or scared of losing out in terms of jobs compared with these oh so superior migrants. If this is true, why isn't the UK a third world war zone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
slave labour
Reply 2
who said white people were lazy and stupid enlighten me plz
Original post by z33

Lots of people on TSR and within really left-wing political circles

Often such people are typical dippy white liberals themselves.
Original post by z33

Original post by MJlover
slave labour

If this is true, why are countries such as Sweden, Germany and Norway more advanced than North African and Gulf states?
Original post by homeland.lsw

Basically this.

The stereotype than anyone who is against immigration is a poorly educated inbred who is afraid of losing his job.
Original post by AntiBabylonista
Basically this.

The stereotype than anyone who is against immigration is a poorly educated inbred who is afraid of losing his job.

I'm not against immigration per se but it's a controversial topic which I have some views on...
Reply 8
If this is true, why are countries such as Sweden, Germany and Norway more advanced than North African and Gulf states?

advanced in what way? If you are talking about culturally, well Muslim History is rich with an intellectual tradition, they had their own golden age of science and academics when Europe was in a dark period.. this is not restricted to the Middle East but African countries such as Mali. If you mean by infrastructure, gulf countries are pretty well built (because of said slave labour).
Reply 9
Ive never heard that white people are so lazy and stupid....
The only "white people" who are scared are those who read The Sun because it has lots of pictures in it, live in council estates like a tribe and are generally uncouth. These people are the underclasses.

They also happen to be "lazy and stupid".

These people, when the migrants come in, face an existential crisis for migrants are generally willing to work all manner of jobs, all manner of hours, and live in a manner which one would not even remotely deem as "civilized", but they work extremely hard to improve themselves.

The underclass white trash council estate person, who revel in being the most obnoxious of society, are also immensely proud at being at the bottom of the **** pile. However, when the migrants come in, they will be immediately catapulted into a degree above the underclass white trash council estate person and for the people who are displaced, this is an unacceptable and intolerable situation, for even though they may be the lowest of the low, their racial bias, prejudice and superiority cannot accept any "brown person" as being superior to them, so they resort to fighting it how they know how, with tribal warfare.

Hence, this narrative, rhetoric and hyperbole about "migrants stealing our jobs, housing and women" are primarily espoused, circulated and reiterated by those who desire to be regarded as the lowest of the low, but above that of any "brown foreigner".
Sh**ty leadership?

Edit: being the reason that the countries with smart people are not as developed i.e. Pakistan
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The only "white people" who are scared are those who read The Sun because it has lots of pictures in it, live in council estates like a tribe and are generally uncouth. These people are the underclasses.

They also happen to be "lazy and stupid".

These people, when the migrants come in, face an existential crisis for migrants are generally willing to work all manner of jobs, all manner of hours, and live in a manner which one would not even remotely deem as "civilized", but they work extremely hard to improve themselves.

The underclass white trash council estate person, who revel in being the most obnoxious of society, are also immensely proud at being at the bottom of the **** pile. However, when the migrants come in, they will be immediately catapulted into a degree above the underclass white trash council estate person and for the people who are displaced, this is an unacceptable and intolerable situation, for even though they may be the lowest of the low, their racial bias, prejudice and superiority cannot accept any "brown person" as being superior to them, so they resort to fighting it how they know how, with tribal warfare.

Hence, this narrative, rhetoric and hyperbole about "migrants stealing our jobs, housing and women" are primarily espoused, circulated and reiterated by those who desire to be regarded as the lowest of the low, but above that of any "brown foreigner".

This is exactly what I am questioning.

If White people are truly so lazy, stupid and trashy, why is it Britain or Germany, the places these White people build so nice to live?
Lots of people on TSR and within really left-wing political circles

Often such people are typical dippy white liberals themselves.

I have literally never heard anyone say this, you right wingers do love your little conspiracies and fantasies don't you?
Original post by scrotgrot
I have literally never heard anyone say this, you right wingers do love your little conspiracies and fantasies don't you?

I vote either Green or Labour and support immigration, you're very quick to jump the gun aren't you...
Original post by MJlover
advanced in what way? If you are talking about culturally, well Muslim History is rich with an intellectual tradition, they had their own golden age of science and academics when Europe was in a dark period.. this is not restricted to the Middle East but African countries such as Mali. If you mean by infrastructure, gulf countries are pretty well built (because of said slave labour).

It's quite clear what they meant by advanced. Central/Northern Europe (and Europe in general) has had a history of being highly developed scientifically, philosophically and politically.
Generally speaking, when discussing benefits and immigrant jobs, the stereotype of Brits being too lazy to take the jobs, and claims made that they are benefit-thieves.

Have you never heard @Bill_Gates saying it?

EDIT: Didn't take me long to find one of his posts.
(edited 8 years ago)
who's claiming that white people are lazy and stupid? that's insane, inaccurate and downright racist. the factor of our advanced civilisation would be merely one aspect of evidence for this.
You could argue that is the case now. However, the Islamic world was larger and more advanced throughout the middle ages. Knowledge of science and medicine in the Islamic world was far more sophisticated than the Western Europe.
Cordoba in Spain was a city of half a million inhabitants with street lightning and running water. At the same time 10,000 Londoners lived in timber-framed houses and used the river as their sewer.
Muslims were going to beauty parlous, using deodorants and drinking from glasses at a time when English books of behaviors were telling page-boys not to pick their nose over their food, spit on the table, or throw uneaten food onto the floor spit on the table, or throw uneaten food onto the floor.

Muslim towns had hospitals with isolation units for contagious illnesses.

Muslim doctors did post-mortems and human dissection. They noticed that blood circulated round the body 400 years before the West.

Doctors had to pass an examination.

Muslim surgeons anaesthetised patients with cannabis and opium, used mercury and alcohol as antiseptics, and had rules about hygiene.

There were female doctors and nurses.

Wounded crusaders preferred to go to a Muslim doctor than a Christian one because they were more knowledgeable.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by _icecream
used mercury and alcohol as antiseptics, and had rules about hygiene.

Well that was silly, mercury is highly toxic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending