The Student Room Group

Older guys....

Scroll to see replies

I prefer older guys anyway (not ancient)

I see way too many f*ckboys lurking these days
Original post by Nigel Farage MEP
If you look it as being a case of the guy sitting his GCSEs when the girl was only just learning to eat with cutlery the age difference of seven to 12 years is very big.

Well they won't be at that age when they're in a relationship :dontknow:

I'd say the older the couple get, the less significant their age gap. When the guy is, say 40, and the girl 30, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal
If you look it as being a case of the guy sitting his GCSEs when the girl was only just learning to eat with cutlery the age difference of seven to 12 years is very big.

But age difference matters less as you grow older, no?
Original post by enaayrah
Well they won't be at that age when they're in a relationship :dontknow:

I'd say the older the couple get, the less significant their age gap. When the guy is, say 40, and the girl 30, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal

So true, but when the girl is like 14 and the guy is 21 then it looks odd and pedophilic :s-smilie:
Original post by kandykissesxox
So true, but when the girl is like 14 and the guy is 21 then it looks odd and pedophilic :s-smilie:

It's half age plus 7, right?
Original post by Student403
But age difference matters less as you grow older, no?

@enaayrah The age difference can still be odd when the individuals are older, if there is an age difference of over a decade there will be a generational gap in the relationship. It has minimal effect when the couple is old aged, or middle aged, but if the couple is in their twenties the aims of someone who is 20 will be very different to the aims of someone who is 30. The younger partner has only graduated from university where the elder is starting to look to settle down, marry, and have children.
It's half age plus 7, right?

Tbh I'm gonna drop the "age is just a number" bombshell :biggrin:

Definitely not saying it's a strict rule, but I reckon it works well for the general case. I agree tho

I predict you will drop that line if you ever have a daughter who declares she has a boyfriend six years older than she is when she is 16.
Definitely not saying it's a strict rule, but I reckon it works well for the general case. I agree tho

I mean I don't mind an age gap of 6-7 years..
I predict you will drop that line if you ever have a daughter who declares she has a boyfriend six years older than she is when she is 16.

Lol no, she will not be allowed to date at 16 idc.
@enaayrah The age difference can still be odd when the individuals are older, if there is an age difference of over a decade there will be a generational gap in the relationship. It has minimal effect when the couple is old aged, or middle aged, but if the couple is in their twenties the aims of someone who is 20 will be very different to the aims of someone who is 30. The younger partner has only graduated from university where the elder is starting to look to settle down, marry, and have children.

In my experience women are far more ready to spit out a baby and get married early than men so a 20-30 relationship probably won't fail on those grounds for most women.

Regarding the rest of your post i suppose it depends on what one considers important. I consider personality traits to be the utmost concern while some go on about about having things in common (my view is that these can develop over time). I certainly think goals can be a major factor in the success of a relationship though, being at the stage of my life where i'm ready to marry and reproduce i don't need the girl to want it tomorrow but i could never be with a woman who never wanted children for example or wanted to spend a year travelling abroad.

I think people often use too broad a brush when dismissing relationships and that it's purely a case by case thing once you find somebody willing to put your wishes first and with admirable personality traits.
I am

Nothing wrong with it
I mean I don't mind an age gap of 6-7 years..

Mhm :biggrin:

I agree with what you say there, especially given that I have a very specific set of career goals from now till the age of 30 that someone quite older, wanting children, would feel uneasy about I guess.
That said, I don't really intend on dating 'older' guys until I'm like 24 or something
I don't know why I've always been attracted to girl older than me.
Original post by Foo.mp3
x

Well, um, thank you for your input
Reply 37
Original post by callum_20011
oh ok. how old are you. And i am with women, only like 7 years older than me. im 14, and girls like in their 20s are hotter than girls like 14

lol
Original post by Anonymous
Soo
I've just always been attracted to guys older than me. Lool I'm not talking like 52 years older, like 2-7 years older. Anybody else like this or nay?:frown:

How old r u
i dont mind 4 year old

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending