The Student Room Group

What was the first adult/15/18 film that you ever saw?

At home, I think mine was Ted around the age of 12. My next was seeing Terminator 2 on TV IIRC and I must've been 14. I used to hate blood and violence before seeing this but the phone call to John's house was completely desensitising (read: awesome) and soon after, I went through a phase of seeking out the most violent films I could find :smile:
My parents were cool about it and let me watch both of them, although they were more lenient towards comedies than violent action films.
Fury was my first 15 at the cinema but I was 15 when seeing that so I haven't snuck in to anything underage yet.

18-wise, the only one I've seen so far is Gone Girl (at home when my parents were out) but TBH that's not too bad for an 18. Most others I've seen are old ones that have since been dropped to a 15 (The Godfather, Alien, The Shining etc.)

TL;DR - Ted when I was 12, Terminator 2 when I was 14 and Gone Girl when I was 15
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think hangover was the 1st 15 I saw. Cant remember what the 1st 18 was, possibly django unchained.
Reply 2
The Halloween series. The one that has Micheal Myers in it.
Reply 3
Cabin Fever was the first 'adult' film I can remember seeing, and I saw that at quite a young age; about age 10 or 11, I think.
The Shooter Mark Wahlburg 👌
I was 10 years old:u:
Need to watch the movie again soon:tongue:
I remember watching The Grudge at 7 years old
Reply 6
Original post by aamirac
The Halloween series. The one that has Micheal Myers in it.

Is there another Halloween series that doesn't have Michael Myers in it, then?
I think it may have been The Matrix but that seems too early. I was definitely watching 15 films in year 6/7 but that was almost 15 years ago so I don't remember.

Edit: I assumed this thread was about films at the cinema. If it is just films in general I would have been very young when I saw my first 15 and 18 films. I owned plenty of 18 films on DVD when I started secondary school....
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Just remembered that I've seen the first two Mad Max films as well (rated 18 on DVD), although they were dropped to 15 for a cinema double bill last year.

I don't think they'd be rated 18 nowadays.
(edited 8 years ago)
Alien, An American Werefolf in London, or Terminator 2 most likely, around the age of 5 or 6.
The Exorcist and Omen franchise were the first "adult films" I watched...
I was around 8/9 just innocently channel surfing
First 18 movie was either The Crow or Nightmare on Elm Street. First 15 not quite sure..
Reply 12
Thir13en Ghosts
I was like 9 and had a PSP and found the disc and I enjoyed the Goosebumps episodes cos they were scary so I was like might as well watch a cool horror movie - watched it that night...

still traumatised :lol:

but first game was GTA San Andreas and I was like 8 x'D
I remember watching Saw with my dad when I was younger than 8. My dad always denies it for some reason.
I used to watch a lot of Steven Seagal films while I was in primary school/just starting secondary school. The most violent ones I remember were On Deadly Ground, Under Siege 1 & 2, The Glimmer Man, Above The Law and Half Past Dead.

Apart from that, there were lots of others I watched around the same time. Terminator 1 & 2, Matrix, Scarface, Heat, Goodfellas, Silence Of The Lambs, The Exorcist and Fight Club. When the Saw films started I barely found them scary, lol. :indiff:
Reply 15
I was like 5 when I watched Scarface (18+)

Spoiler

I think Taken was my first 18+ movie, I think the rating is too high though
Braveheart.

I was way too young. :wink:
Mine was Gremlins at 9 XD

Who would have thought those furry lil fluffballs would be rated 15
Saw when I was 12 and it's safe to say I was scarred for life.

Quick Reply

Latest