The Student Room Group

Help... How do I get out of University?

I believe it's called deferring? Idk. Basically I've rushed into applying for animation courses to 5 universities. I've been to one interview out of the five which mostly consisted of the guy recommending me to take a foundation course lol... I've realised I'm not ready. For the university life but mostly my artwork is not where it could be in perhaps a year. I seemed to think they would magically help me develop as an artist but it doesnt really work like that. If I was to go to university now, I'd be missing out on a lot of improvement which is why I initially wanted to stay at home and self teach myself. I've had a gut feeling about not being ready but my parents convinced me to applying and stuff (you know how it is). I don't even have my C grade in gcse maths yet after several attempts but still managed to get interviews from my dream universities... It's pretty upsetting letting something you were excited about go because youre not quite where you want to be yet.

So basically, i'm looking to cancel these interviews and applying for a foundation course I guess. Any idea where to start? How do I do this? lmao
Reply 1
Original post by fishflake
I believe it's called deferring? Idk. Basically I've rushed into applying for animation courses to 5 universities. I've been to one interview out of the five which mostly consisted of the guy recommending me to take a foundation course lol... I've realised I'm not ready. For the university life but mostly my artwork is not where it could be in perhaps a year. I seemed to think they would magically help me develop as an artist but it doesnt really work like that. If I was to go to university now, I'd be missing out on a lot of improvement which is why I initially wanted to stay at home and self teach myself. I've had a gut feeling about not being ready but my parents convinced me to applying and stuff (you know how it is). I don't even have my C grade in gcse maths yet after several attempts but still managed to get interviews from my dream universities... It's pretty upsetting letting something you were excited about go because youre not quite where you want to be yet.

So basically, i'm looking to cancel these interviews and applying for a foundation course I guess. Any idea where to start? How do I do this? lmao

You would need to pass your maths first before they would offer you an unconditional offer.
Would not bother with a foundation course if I were you and go to other interviews.
Reply 2
You could continue with your interviews if you wanted to and there is nothing stopping you from applying to foundation courses at the same time. You're actually in a good position right now. If you get an offer, that's great but if decide you want to do a foundation you can always defer. It depends on how you feel.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Alright guys... I'll finish off the interviews.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest