The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I applied almost a month ago and have only heard from Greenwich so far.
Still got Essex, Kent, Bradford and Brunel to go.
Greenwich were pretty quick, sent an offer two days after.
Original post by minä
It's been already three weeks since my reference teacher sent my application out... I got an offer for Genetics from Aberdeen last week, but, other than that, it has been dead silent. A friend of mine has already 4/5 offers. I'm so jealous. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only applied to Scottish unis (Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, St. Andrews) plus am a non-UK EU student?

Do they send out offers and rejections at the same time? I'm so scared that on May 5th I'll just receive four automatic rejections... My predicted grades are rather ok (41/45 IB points), but could they reject me for other reasons (country of domicile, PS)?

I'm in the same situation! I'm also a non-UK EU student, I applied back in November to 5 Scottisch unis and I haven't heard anything since then.
I've heard back from Loughbrough, Cardiff and Brunel, still waiting on Southampton and Keele :-/
Original post by Wissem
I got an offer from Glasgow today morning
But I'm considered international, just cuz I haven't lived in England for the past 3 yrs
I'll try reassessing my fee status
Hope you hear soon
Congrats! I hope you get the fee status sorted out to your advantage, since international fees are way high ^^'
Which course did you get accepted in to?
Original post by Minionmum
Sussex seem to be very slow.

They took almost 2 months to reply to me!!! Good Luck :smile:
Reply 2245
Original post by minä
Congrats! I hope you get the fee status sorted out to your advantage, since international fees are way high ^^'
Which course did you get accepted in to?

Computer science
What did u apply for
Original post by Wissem
Computer science
What did u apply for
Genetics :smile:
I'm actually planning on taking all the mandatory comp sci courses in addition to the biology ones in 1st and 2nd year in case I want to change degrees.
Original post by frances98
Has anyone heard back from glasgow caledonian yet?

I applied for 2 courses at Caledonian and both were unconditional. Heard them within about 5 days of each other :biggrin:
Original post by minä
It's been already three weeks since my reference teacher sent my application out... I got an offer for Genetics from Aberdeen last week, but, other than that, it has been dead silent. A friend of mine has already 4/5 offers. I'm so jealous. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only applied to Scottish unis (Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, St. Andrews) plus am a non-UK EU student?

Do they send out offers and rejections at the same time? I'm so scared that on May 5th I'll just receive four automatic rejections... My predicted grades are rather ok (41/45 IB points), but could they reject me for other reasons (country of domicile, PS)?

I applied for Neuroscience at those exact same universities and Im a Scottish applicant. I've had an unconditional offer from Aberdeen on the 11th January but havent heard back from anywhere else. Its been almost two months since i applied. Im hoping the other unis will just take a bit longer to give us offers :smile:
Some universities are really oversubscribed so that might be why it's taking longer
Derby was pretty quick applied on the 12th of January and got an offer on the 15th of January!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how long the following universities take to respond after the interview process...
Middlesex - conditional offer received
Wolverhampton - ?
Swansea - ?
Southampton - ?
Leeds - ?
Many thanks
Original post by meganstevenson98
Derby was pretty quick applied on the 12th of January and got an offer on the 15th of January!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting for Derby. Applied at the beginning of December and only had an acknowledgment email. I'm considering withdrawing as I've already had an unconditional offer from my top choice but I dunno whether I should stick it out and wait.
Has anybody heard back from Kent?
I've applied to Law and Philosophy (Hons) last month, does anybody know how long it takes them to answer to joint honours applications?
I applied just a month ago, so I guess it's still early, right?
Reply 2254
I received an offer from the University of Leeds 3 days ago and I sent my application on the 11th of January which was quite quick tbh, I'm impressed!
I received either an offer or interview invite in under a month for music from Hull, Huddersfield, Sheffield, Canterbury Christchurch and Bath Spa. I submitted 10th January :P
Original post by AlexD101
I applied for 2 courses at Caledonian and both were unconditional. Heard them within about 5 days of each other :biggrin:

What did you apply for? I've applied for orthoptics
Original post by frances98
What did you apply for? I've applied for orthoptics

International Marketing and international business. I accepted and confirmed the international business offer though
Original post by AlexD101
International Marketing and international business. I accepted and confirmed the international business offer though

The wait is killing me
Anyone still waiting on Nottingham for Law?