The Student Room Group

Saudi Youtubers make a video encouraging the killing of gay people.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by The Epicurean
I would like to think that maybe they were satirising the extreme views many people harbour towards homosexuality. I imagine in a society where views towards homosexuality were negative, it would be a lot more difficult to make a film defending homosexuality than to make one satirising negative opinions towards homosexuality. Maybe with the aim of helping to bring the discussion of homosexuality to the forefront.

Would you say the Saudi film Wadjda gives an accurate portrayal of life in Saudi Arabia?

But you have no qualms with the views expressed in the video?

ive not seen it
Reply 61
Original post by offhegoes
Oh great! So he is qualified to talk about life in that one country.

This is, of course, utter nonsense to highlight the idiocy of only allowing people who have lived somewhere to have valid opinions on it. Otherwise historians may as well all just call it quits.

YOU'VE LIVED IN NONE!

Hush now, you clearly have no clue what you are no about.
Reply 62
Original post by mkap
ive not seen it

What are your views on homosexuality?
Original post by mkap
lol as im currently living in Saudi.

And that is a acceptable view to have ?
Reply 64
Original post by slg60
YOU'VE LIVED IN NONE!Hush now, you clearly have no clue what you are no about.

Original post by HucktheForde
okay, now, someone who haven't lived extensively in one country is more than qualified than someone who has to comment on it.

We aren't talking about one country, we're talking about a world religion of billions in a range of vastly different countries.

You can talk about it, and so can I. Only one of us tried to pull the not-qualified-to-talk-about-it card here.
Reply 65
We aren't talking about one country, we're talking about a world religion of billions in a range of vastly different countries.

You can talk about it, and so can I. Only one of us tried to pull the not-qualified-to-talk-about-it card here.

YOU PULLLED THAT CARD.... child you make me want to cry.

I am only referring to people of different countries that follows that ONE political ideology. Those who lived in one but do not, you are exempted. (because i am one of them)

oh yes of course
Oh great! So he is qualified to talk about life in that one country.This is, of course, utter nonsense to highlight the idiocy of only allowing people who have lived somewhere to have valid opinions on it. Otherwise historians may as well all just call it quits.
Reply 67
Original post by Emperor Trajan
Perhaps you can answer my question. What is "true Islam"? and what is an "extreme form of Islam". Look, I'll accept, if you don't know.

But you're not in much of a position of calling Saudi Arabia an "Extreme country" (Alluding to the "Extreme form of Islam" practice there) If you don't know what "true Islam" or "extreme Islam" is.

I've answered this point a number of times. You obviously are more interested in trying to score cheap points than have a discussion on this.

Anti-Muslim rhetoric? I merely started a thread exposing homophobic Saudi Muslims calling for the execution of homosexuals? If you believe I'm wasting your time and you wish to retreat from this thread, please do so.

I'll stay thanks, but I think the possiblity of intelligible discourae with yourself is zero, so I'll skip your contributions unless they start becoming a little more worthwhile :wink:
Reply 68
I am only referring to people of different countries that follows that ONE political ideology. Those who lived in one but do not, you are exempted. (because i am one of them)

I honestly don't know what you are trying to say here, can you clarify?

oh yes of course

Oh dear. I thought I'd include that disclaimer just in case anyone was stupid enough to not realise my point was that no-one should be excluded from a discussion because they haven't lived in one of the many countries in question.
I've answered this point a number of times. You obviously are more interested in trying to score cheap points than have a discussion on this.

I'll take it you don't know what "true Islam" is, to know what an "extreme form of Islam" is. You don't know- I'll accept it.

I'll stay thanks, but I think the possiblity of intelligible discourae with yourself is zero, so I'll skip your contributions unless they start becoming a little more worthwhile :wink:
The irony :wink:. Well if you are interested in topics relating to homophobic Saudi Muslims, calling for the execution of homosexuals and the posts there in, continue.
I honestly don't know what you are trying to say here, can you clarify?

Oh dear. I thought I'd include that disclaimer just in case anyone was stupid enough to not realise my point was that no-one should be excluded from a discussion because they haven't lived in one of the many countries in question.

You don't need to. It wont change the fact that you are just angry that you didn't live in one enough to know how its like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slg60
YOU'VE LIVED IN NONE!

Hush now, you clearly have no clue what you are no about.

Malaysia, moderate country ( supposedly) , homosexual preference is not a human right.

http://time.com/3424509/malaysia-transgender-lgtb-sharia-southeast-asia-gay-homosexuality-transexual-transwoman/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lgbt-malaysia_us_5615359ae4b0cf9984d7cfae

"The country’s prime minister recently compared the LGBT community to terror group ISIS." -- Oct 2015

Thats not done by some insane fatwa, the prime minister himself outright rejects it. I know many gay friends who live in the shadows.

Different countries, same religion, remember that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 72
You don't need to. It wont change the fact that you are just angry that you didn't live in one enough to know how its like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Troll much?
Reply 73
Malaysia, moderate country ( supposedly) , homosexual preference is not a human right.

http://time.com/3424509/malaysia-transgender-lgtb-sharia-southeast-asia-gay-homosexuality-transexual-transwoman/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lgbt-malaysia_us_5615359ae4b0cf9984d7cfae

"The country’s prime minister recently compared the LGBT community to terror group ISIS." -- Oct 2015

Thats not done by some insane fatwa, the prime minister himself outright rejects it. I know many gay friends who live in the shadows.

Different countries, same religion, remember that.

I said that to the other guy? I believed that you lived in one :frown:
Reply 74
Original post by Emperor Trajan
I'll take it you don't know what "true Islam" is, to know what an "extreme form of Islam" is. You don't know- I'll accept it.

The irony :wink:. Well if you are interested in topics relating to homophobic Saudi Muslims, calling for the execution of homosexuals and the posts there in, continue.

I won't be as petty as to correct your spelling and grammar.
Reply 75
Original post by slg60
YOU PULLLED THAT CARD.... child you make me want to cry.

No, I didn't. I made a that point to highlight the fallacy in him pointing out that I couldn't talk about the issue because I haven't lived in a Muslim country.

Would you like me to pull up the conversation history for you, or can you do that yourself?
I won't be as petty as to correct your spelling and grammar.

Gee whizz, if you feel I and others are wasting your time, feel free to entertain another thread.
Reply 77
Original post by DiddyDec
It is good but there is always better.

Can't beat this

[video="youtube;zuDtACzKGRs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDtACzKGRs[/video]
Original post by z33
Can't beat this

You win.
Reply 79
Original post by DiddyDec
You win.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending